NFL insiders believe Jadeveon Clowney will sign with Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapow

Reaction score
groundchucklives":auzklwuq said:
I love how "but he is disruptive and great against the run!" is euphemistic fan boy code for "he rarely gets home and gets to the QB." Believe it or not, there are a fair amount of talented guys in this league who are "disruptive" yet who don't rack up sacks or Ints. Clowney is one of them, you fan boys need to stop acting like he is Lawrence F'ing Taylor or Reggie White. He isn't even someone like Dwight Freeney. He is an egotistical overrated inconsistent diva who is a legend in his own mind and in the mind of his fan boys. He is still living off of one freakin' big hit against Michigan in the Outback bowl. Dude was made out to be the second coming of LT and was ALL HYPE coming out of USC and he has FAILED to live up to that "OMG HE HAS ALL THE TOOLS HE IS A FREAK HE IS GOING TO DOMINATE IN THE NFL!!!" Hype.....the only people who don't realize that are Clowney, his agent, and his fan boys.

Seems like you've created a false narrative in your head that you've decided to be all outraged over and ran with it. I don't see anyone here being anywhere near as irrationally over emotional about the Clowney situation as you, and I don't see anyone here fawning over him like he's the second coming of Reggie White or something.

Many of us would like to see him sign with the Seahawks for one simple reason, and it has nothing to do with being a Clowney "fan boy". It's because this team is almost certainly better with him than without him.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Now they're saying the Saints are working on ways to open up more cap space since they've only got $7m. They're looking for Clowney to replace their DE who they just lost for the season.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1301661914288861186[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1301655056731852800[/tweet]

hawks85

Reaction score
massari":19zoh2b9 said:
Now they're saying the Saints are working on ways to open up more cap space since they've only got $7m. They're looking for Clowney to replace their DE who they just lost for the season.
I was just told the same thing. I was also told they are working out some minor details. Well I was told wrong. Looks like Clowney is headed to the Siants. Unless Seattle swoops in and offers more money. Don't know why Clowney wants to go the saints. Brees is 41 years old.

hawks85

Reaction score
hawks85":3j4r2443 said:
massari":3j4r2443 said:
I was just told the same thing. I was also told they are working out some minor details. Well I was told wrong. Looks like Clowney is headed to the Siants. Unless Seattle swoops in and offers more money. Don't know why Clowney wants to go the saints. Brees is 41 years old.
It's over. Clowney is headed to the Saints. Maybe next year.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Saints makes a lot of sense. Slightly higher odds of a ring (due to weaker overall conference), and should be able to rack up better stats on a prove it style deal.

I can't see them offering a long-term contract. My guess is a 1-year, prove it kind of deal that will leave Seattle fans saying, "wait, we could have paid that. In fact, reports say we offered him more than that."

He takes a little less to play for a contender in a system that will give him the opportunity to pad his stats for that big contract he really wants.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
The Saints are trying to figure out a way to pay Kamari AND sign Clowney? How are they going to do that? Saints are reportedly holding under $7M in cap and seeking players to restructure over the next few days in order to raise money. It's hard to see them being able to raise enough money to get both those players taken care of without compromising their team.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I think clowney if he wants here, will wait until at least the cut downs tomorrow to give Seattle a final shot at an offer.

toffee

Reaction score
With Clowney, our defense is quite good without much weaknesses

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

hawks85

Reaction score
TraderGary":1czd9uop said:
hawks85":1czd9uop said:
TraderGary":1czd9uop said:
hawks85":1czd9uop said:
Well a lot of people that know me in real life know I am not a Clowney fan. I dont have any links or evidence, but I was just told Clowney will be re-signing here in the next few days. I told my source I'll believe it when I see it. Just wanted to let all you Clowney fans know. This dude better bring his A-game thats all I'm gonna say.

Would be interested to know who your source is.

The fact that the Titans or any other interested team has been unable to have any meaningful engagement with Clowney or his agent indicates to me that he has already made up his mind, and all indications are it will be Seattle. It's widely known he hates training camp so I think he comes in over the weekend or early next week in time to be ready to play against Atlanta.

Please let this be true. In my mind, he's the last piece of the puzzle to another Super Bowl run. With Clowney and the recent news about Gordon, this team is absolutely STACKED! I just hope he's in playing shape and ready to go.
Well it's not a media person it's just someone I know who has info with inner circles. All he told me was Clowney wants to win a SB and everybody knows that, but he said with the defense additions and he really likes Wilson and the coaching staff here, he said his best shot at winning a SB is here. I asked about the money stuff and he said Clowney knows the market has tanked for his position and is willing to negotiate if the dollar amount is right. I'm taking this with a grain of salt. I'm not saying I don't believe him I'm just saying I'll believe when I see it, but he assured me Clowney will be back here, and I said Ok.

Thanks hawks85. Hope you're right.
Clowney is signing with the Saints. This is why I took this with a grain of salt. I got a text last night at 2am. The deal is almost done, I don't know the numbers, but I know that it's below the 15 mil. I think the only way Clowney signs back here is if Seattle offers 20mil or tells him we will give you a monster deal next regardless of your stats. Saints are very low in cap space,and they are going to have to reconstruct contracts and cut people.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
The amount of times "fan boy" is used in that posters post is hilarious. Just a very angry troll. Very angry.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Idk who your “source” is but as of right NOW from you’ve said or have relayed from your “source” which is very vague, A simple search of Twitter shows and says the same stuff you are. Your source is either Twitter, or your source is using Twitter.

Literally a simple a search of “Clowney Seahawks” and the results is what your “source” keeps quoting from various outlets on Twitter.
With that being said

We need to develop our own guys. Seattle hasn’t done so for a while nor have they needed to with the LOB. But once the LOB was gone the up and coming group didn’t get the development it needed, so here we are.
I mean if he ends with the saints great? Then it was All about the money. IMO Their chances of a SB are much lower than our IMO. So he’ll be across from Cameron Jordan.. we saw how that worked when he was across from JJ Watt.. Saints are going to a SB they’ll be lucky to get the playoffs IMO.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
hawks85":3vkvb92x said:
TraderGary":3vkvb92x said:
hawks85":3vkvb92x said:
TraderGary":3vkvb92x said:
Would be interested to know who your source is.

The fact that the Titans or any other interested team has been unable to have any meaningful engagement with Clowney or his agent indicates to me that he has already made up his mind, and all indications are it will be Seattle. It's widely known he hates training camp so I think he comes in over the weekend or early next week in time to be ready to play against Atlanta.

Please let this be true. In my mind, he's the last piece of the puzzle to another Super Bowl run. With Clowney and the recent news about Gordon, this team is absolutely STACKED! I just hope he's in playing shape and ready to go.
Well it's not a media person it's just someone I know who has info with inner circles. All he told me was Clowney wants to win a SB and everybody knows that, but he said with the defense additions and he really likes Wilson and the coaching staff here, he said his best shot at winning a SB is here. I asked about the money stuff and he said Clowney knows the market has tanked for his position and is willing to negotiate if the dollar amount is right. I'm taking this with a grain of salt. I'm not saying I don't believe him I'm just saying I'll believe when I see it, but he assured me Clowney will be back here, and I said Ok.

Thanks hawks85. Hope you're right.
Clowney is signing with the Saints. This is why I took this with a grain of salt. I got a text last night at 2am. The deal is almost done, I don't know the numbers, but I know that it's below the 15 mil. I think the only way Clowney signs back here is if Seattle offers 20mil or tells him we will give you a monster deal next regardless of your stats. Saints are very low in cap space,and they are going to have to reconstruct contracts and cut people.

That's's the media hot hype. Isn't like they're right every time. One thing is NO is close to Houston where he used to play. Don't know if that's any kind of draw. But the Saints are going to have a tough time trying to raise enough for both Kamari and Clowney. It ain't over til it's over.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Bring back Michael Bennett
For 1 yr vet minimum. He had a not bad year last year. Even though some thinks otherwise? He plays to win. I feel he still has some gas left in the tank at 34. And he seemed really sincere when he stated he wanted to finish his career here. I feel he learned from the last time and being around the league and how good he had it here. I feel he might be a team player that he should have been ?

hawks85

Reaction score
JPatera76":185c8e7a said:
Idk who your “source” is but as of right NOW from you’ve said or have relayed from your “source” which is very vague, A simple search of Twitter shows and says the same stuff you are. Your source is either Twitter, or your source is using Twitter.

Literally a simple a search of “Clowney Seahawks” and the results is what your “source” keeps quoting from various outlets on Twitter.
With that being said

We need to develop our own guys. Seattle hasn’t done so for a while nor have they needed to with the LOB. But once the LOB was gone the up and coming group didn’t get the development it needed, so here we are.
I mean if he ends with the saints great? Then it was All about the money. IMO Their chances of a SB are much lower than our IMO. So he’ll be across from Cameron Jordan.. we saw how that worked when he was across from JJ Watt.. Saints are going to a SB they’ll be lucky to get the playoffs IMO.
It's not really a source, but a friend. I don't know what he uses but I do know he knows certain people within inner circles. He doesn't give me every single detail. He told me a few days ago that Clowney is re-signing here in Seattle, and they were working out the details. Then he sends me a text last night saying NO moved in and they are signing him. I told him your all over the place here, and I'm not saying anything else about this Clowney situation. He'll sign where ever he wants to sign. IMO it will be NO if they can clear the cap for his salary.

rcaido

Reaction score
You went from 90% to not signing to he is signing w/ the Seahawks and now he is signing w/ the Saints.

I think its everyone's guess what happens. My guess, he signs w/ us 13-14million 1 year deal.

*edit*
Not sure why the Saints would try to sign Clowney, as im sure Kamara is a bigger concern right now.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Maybe tomorrow he'll be super close in signing with the Patriots, or Broncos. Someone will be sure it's a "done deal" and then maybe it can change again. We run through enough teams somebody will probably be right.

chris98251

Reaction score
But we are signing Carson Palmer still, we have been having trouble finding a Pen though.........

:p

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I maybe off by a day but I think IF he wants to play week 1. He needs to sign today to get into the covid protocol.

I imagine we'll see breaking news in about an hour or so.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
chris98251":29vyqws7 said:
But we are signing Carson Palmer still, we have been having trouble finding a Pen though.........

:p

We already have a franchise quarterback and his name is CHARLIE!!!!! *slams phone*

Chapow

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1vdpt09p said:
The amount of times "fan boy" is used in that posters post is hilarious. Just a very angry troll. Very angry.

One could say he's a "fan boy" of the term "fan boy". :p

Status
Not open for further replies.