See you in Seattle on January 19th

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1ccpydvh said:
GoPanthers":1ccpydvh said:
FlyingGreg":1ccpydvh said:
I wouldn't get ahead of yourself. You have 2 games against the Saints coming up, an angry Saints team back in the dome first up.

You guys wil be on the road in the playoffs. That's tough to win, especially three in a row as a Wild Card.

Actually the last few Super Bowl champs have done it by winning 2 or more on the road in the playoffs. I can't remember the last team to win the Super Bowl after getting home field advantage. (See Ravens-Broncos)

Which means squat. Comparative analysis is foolish. No team has a HFA like ours. 14-0 in the last 2 seasons included two destructions of the 49ers and one of the Saints.

Nobody is coming into C Link and winning. It's just not going to happen. Not hype or inflated hope, its the reality. We just win, no matter that circumstances.

You should focus on the Saints and winning in the dome this week instead of trying to get validation for your kittens in here. Panthers are a good team...but calm down.
So you think Miami's home winning streak is done just like Marino's 2 year record? If so, you're a smart man.

General Manager

Reaction score
The Saints fans were saying the same thing and look at them now. I expect we will play SF they have the best chance of advancing to the NFC title game imo. I'm not convinced you will even get past your first opponent.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't believe in Detroit and I do believe San Francisco is far better. They will be our dance partner on January 12/13.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
GoPanthers":3cghovkm said:
MontanaHawk05":3cghovkm said:
Newton has matured rapidly this year, that's for sure. Our defense was perfectly suited to handle him before; now it'll be an interesting adaptation.

How are your O-line and secondary doing?

The Saints are one dimensional. We have the ability to run the ball, play action, options etc. Its hard to defend that. Just ask New England.
Ask New England what? LOL
Okay you're kidding....right? I mean, New England is a shadow of what they were a few Years ago ,so using them as a measuring stick is pretty much useless.
The Seahawks ARE the best TEAM in the League ,and that right there sets them apart from the likes of the Patriots eh, but ESPECIALLY at home.
Lots of folks theorizing who they think has the most complete Team that can beat the Seahawks in Seattle, but so far the conjecturists have been panning sand in a river filled with gold.
It all sounds somewhat feasible if you say it with conviction, but you have to temper your enthusiasm with Realism, and better teams than the Panthers have tried, and failed at the CLINK.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks beat the Panthers in Carolina. That is all that needs to be said.

Rob12

Reaction score
GoPanthers":24uc2sp0 said:
The difference is we can the ability to control the ball/clock/crowd. We can go on those 10 play drives with ease. I don't even think that was true a few months ago.

No offense intended in the least, and despite my appreciation for what Carolina has done lately, I will be ecstatic if they are the team that we meet in Seattle on January 19.

I know that sounds rude, but that's not my intent... I just think that would be a great match up for the Seahawks.

Rob12

Reaction score
GoPanthers":1yg66mxu said:
If I'm not mistaken, the Bucs almost went up there and won. The Tampa Bay Bucs. You're not invincible.

Here's some education:

It's been nearly two years since the Seahawks have lost at home.

The Seahawks have won 13 straight games at home, the longest record in the NFL - with Russell Wilson at the helm.

In those 13 games, the Seahawks have outscored their opponents 439 to 179. Read that again.

In those 13 games, the Seahawks are averaging an astounding 33.7 points per game while only giving up 13.7 points per game. Read that again.

If you want to choose an outlier against Tampa Bay to make you feel better about your team's chances in coming here, be my guest. The Seahawks obviously weren't "up" for that game, but they put a terrible first half behind them and outscored the lowly Buccaneers 27-3 in the second half. A bad team outplayed us for one half of football and got destroyed the rest of the way.

I would halt the brakes on the confidence. We are a different beast here. We are loud and we get in the heads of opposing players - whether they want to admit it or not. At the very least, we make communication a nightmare for opposing offenses.

And we also have a pretty good team - the #1 defense and the #2 scoring offense in the league.

Be careful what you wish for.

Rob12

Reaction score
It should also be noted that Cam Newton's two worst games as a pro (yardage wise) have been against the Seahawks' D in Carolina's house.

I respect Cam and think he's a good talent, but to think that he's going to come up here in the playoffs and beat a team that has owned him is quite the tall order.

Rob12

Reaction score
NorCal":32l0tegz said:
I think both the Niners and CAR are the two teams who are built to win in SEA in January. And that is based off their defenses bc those defenses COULD keep it relatively low scoring and close. And close games in the playoffs can go any way. I don't think any other NFC playoff teams can do it.

Carolina's, sure... We have struggled against them on offense - 28 points in two meetings (where we won both).

San Francisco's? 71-16. 35.5 PPG in our house against that defense of yours. I find your comment hilarious.

Rob12

Reaction score
49ers":3kmsc1z4 said:
The Panthers game made me want to puke.

Most of your post was OK until this. You guys got beat in YOUR house by the Panthers, giving up more points and scoring less than we did against them - except we beat them, in THEIR house.

Also, you don't want Harvin to play, so stop lying.

If the game comes down to physicality, you guys will get stomped. The Seahawks are in the 49ers head, whether you acknowledge that fact or not.

It should be a great game with hopefully no injuries.

Just stop the hyperbole. The Panthers game comment you made was purely hypocritical and made you look like a fool.

Mindsink

Reaction score
I'm so tired of hearing the "shot ourselves in the foot" argument in that week 1 game @ Carolina. So we should all focus on your RB fumbling in the redzone, but Russell Wilson's fumble in the redzone in that very game doesn't count?

Also, even IF you had scored that go-ahead touchdown, it would have been either 13-12 or 15-12 (assuming you go for the 2-pt conversion).

Do you remember what happened after that fumble (which, btw, happened with over 5 minutes left in the game)? Our offense marched right down the field and took a few knees deep in your territory to end the game. What makes you think we couldn't have returned your score with a score of our own (which may likely have been game-winning)???

The fact is, the Seahawks DOMINATED that second half, even though the scoreboard may not necessarily show it in terms of points. There's a reason why Russell Wilson had 320 yards passing in that game.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I give this guy credit for coming in here and not just blathering away mindlessly for the most part. Slightly homer-ish but who isn't this time of year. But the reality of it is that everyone is sitting around right this very moment, trying to come up with some new cockamamie scheme (since nothing else worked) to stop Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch! The common mistake is that they completely overlook the rest of the receivers not named Harvin on this offense! BTW Wilson hit 9 of them the last two games! Which is to say nothing of our defense. At this stage I would put our front seven against any in football. And the Legion of Boom is legendary all on its own. And more recently our Linebackers are getting some recognition as well. Special Teams? We have the best kicker in Football and the Punter is top 10 as well. Coverage teams are pretty damn good also. The point is that Pete has built a Phalanx here, and built it in such a way as to respond to any threat! You better have your stuff together when you come in here with a plan to address only some of the people here. Oh and don't forget that the 12th man is practically indefensible!

Homer-ish? Of course! But it has been forged in the crucible of competition. And our Kung Fu is Strong indeed.

kjreid

Reaction score
History repeats, I would love to have Carolina come back to Seattle for the NFC championship game