See you in Seattle on January 19th

kearly

Reaction score
Newton hasn't changed. Watch him in the 49ers game from a couple weeks ago. He's still very much a defensive matchup QB. Some defenses will get killed by him, even some good defenses. But athletic defenses just have his number. Our defense has his number better than anyone.

They are a great team though, and though I wouldn't be nervous at all about Cam beating us, I do think they have a solid shot of making the NFCCG.

The team that worries me is actually a team out of the playoffs right now- Philly. The only QBs to have success against Seattle have been the young and reckless kind that are not afraid to take risks for explosive plays. Philly is dominating the league in explosive plays this season, and Foles is channeling vintage Brett Favre this year while miraculously throwing 0 interceptions over nearly 200 attempts.

Of course, I'd expect us to beat Philly too, but I think Philly is the one team with a real chance. The others, it just seems like a Seattle win is assured barring a freak "off" game.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Those freak "off" games can suck hard.
after running the league over that year, it all ended before mine eyes, January 9th, 1988 at the Stick.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Another Panthers fan that "knows" they only lost to us because they shot themselves in the foot.

Meh, whatever. We wrap up #1 seed, I don't see a team in the league that is going to hand us a loss in Seattle short of us getting some key injuries.

CANHawk

Reaction score
49ers":la79ylw2 said:
SFO is favored for a reason, most notably for the revenge factor, that it's in San Fran, and the entire team is healthy for the first time all year. I don't see one game that Seattle has played away this year that is entirely impressive. The Panthers game made me want to puke.

And why do some of you guys reference our last two losses @ Seattle as any kind of indicator of how this game is going to go? Crowd noise was obviously a HUGE factor in both of those games (kudos to you guys!).

Well I can do that too: In the last 2 games @ San Fran, YOU lost.

So? :p

Point is, this is a push game for the obvious reasons. It's going to be close, neither side will blow the other side away. I expect a great game from start to finish, yelling (and being amazed) at RW all game long, and injury free god damnit!

..... I wish Harvin was playing. :<

How in the chocolate has this site existed since 1998 and it's taken until today for somebody to register the username "49ers"? Given how many 9er trolls we've had to endure over the years, I find this to be mind boggling...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
GoPanthers":2lzhuaw5 said:
Sports Hernia":2lzhuaw5 said:
GoPanthers":2lzhuaw5 said:
MontanaHawk05":2lzhuaw5 said:
How are your O-line and secondary doing?

You want to know how bad our O-line is? We drafted a DT back in 2011. He is a bust, so we cut him. We brought him in a few weeks ago and played him Guard. To be fair though, they are holding their own, but..

Mike Wallace abused the secondary a few weeks ago, but other than that they've been decent. I don't your WRs would find much success against us, unless you're just running Harvin deep every play.
You must have missed last nights game? Seattle will score more than 14 points if they play Car here and car won't score more than 14. I like your team, but they will struggle here. Ask Steve Smith about the NFC championship game here in 2006.

2006, when we were down to our 5th string running back, and had Jake Delhomme as our QB.
Wouldn't have mattered if you had your starting RB and Cam was your QB your team got blown out. I don't think Cam has ever played here. If Brees struggles here CN will too!

I'm not trying to be a Richard Cranium, but there is a long list of fans that think their team can handle the noise, their QB will have success and their offense will flourish here. Ask SF(x2), NO, and any other team that came in here the past 2 years thinking the same way you do, how'd that turn out for them?

Hint: they all left c-link with a LOSS.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NorCal":1ohcznc8 said:
I think both the Niners and CAR are the two teams who are built to win in SEA in January. And that is based off their defenses bc those defenses COULD keep it relatively low scoring and close. And close games in the playoffs can go any way. I don't think any other NFC playoff teams can do it.
Read my sig.
And Carolina wouldn't win here either.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
49ers":r3wvuqwe said:
SFO is favored for a reason, most notably for the revenge factor, that it's in San Fran, and the entire team is healthy for the first time all year. I don't see one game that Seattle has played away this year that is entirely impressive. The Panthers game made me want to puke.

And why do some of you guys reference our last two losses @ Seattle as any kind of indicator of how this game is going to go? Crowd noise was obviously a HUGE factor in both of those games (kudos to you guys!).

Well I can do that too: In the last 2 games @ San Fran, YOU lost.

So? :p

Point is, this is a push game for the obvious reasons. It's going to be close, neither side will blow the other side away. I expect a great game from start to finish, yelling (and being amazed) at RW all game long, and injury free god damnit!

..... I wish Harvin was playing. :<

This post makes me want to :pukeface:. You come here claiming the Seahawks win against the Panthers made you want to puke? The Seahawks won in Carolina. What happened to the 49ers when they lost to the Panthers at home? I bet you have a long list of excuses for that one...eh? Take your weak-arse smack and leave....no one here will miss you.

CHawk

Reaction score
One thing you all forgot, Russel doesn't lose at home

HawkGANG

Reaction score
There's not a team in this league that can beat us at home, and if the Panthers even make it to CLink in the playoffs they will get the 49er/Saints treatment. :229031_victory:

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
GoPanthers":35l1k9nl said:
FlyingGreg":35l1k9nl said:
I wouldn't get ahead of yourself. You have 2 games against the Saints coming up, an angry Saints team back in the dome first up.

You guys wil be on the road in the playoffs. That's tough to win, especially three in a row as a Wild Card.

Actually the last few Super Bowl champs have done it by winning 2 or more on the road in the playoffs. I can't remember the last team to win the Super Bowl after getting home field advantage. (See Ravens-Broncos)

Which means squat. Comparative analysis is foolish. No team has a HFA like ours. 14-0 in the last 2 seasons included two destructions of the 49ers and one of the Saints.

Nobody is coming into C Link and winning. It's just not going to happen. Not hype or inflated hope, its the reality. We just win, no matter that circumstances.

You should focus on the Saints and winning in the dome this week instead of trying to get validation for your kittens in here. Panthers are a good team...but calm down.

White Devil

Reaction score
For the 49er Trolls:

I keep hearing the Hawks win because of crowd noise in Seattle blah, blah...no big deal.

The question is - What happens if Seattle does go to San Fran and win...what will be the excuse then?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The Panther fan in this thread seems to be suffering from SPS (small pussycat syndrome). I think that will be fixed this weekend.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
White Devil":w7e9275t said:
For the 49er Trolls:

I keep hearing the Hawks win because of crowd noise in Seattle blah, blah...no big deal.

The question is - What happens if Seattle does go to San Fran and win...what will be the excuse then?

I can hear them now....top players are injured, seahawks cheat, refs sucked, etc.....You just opened up a can of worms.

kf3339

Reaction score
GoPanthers":qf5haktd said:
First of all, thank you for slapping the Stains around last night. I'm 95% sure the Panthers and Seahawks will meet up again in Seattle for the NFL Championship. The last two times we've played you guys we shot ourselves in the foot, thus losing the game. I have no doubt it would be another tough game for both teams, as I think we're basically the same team (Our front 7 is better, your secondary is better) but the difference is Cam Newton has basically done what RW did last year. Grow at a rate we've never seen. I have no doubt we're capable of going into Seattle and winning based on QB play alone. Cheers, and goodluck.

Don't you think it would be better to worry about the two games coming up with the Saints than coming on this board talking about a playoff game you aren't even going to be a part of in January?

You really are delusional if you think Cam Newton is anything at all for the Hawks to worry about in this stadium. Just ask Crapernick what happened to him the last two times he played in our stadium.

hawker84

Reaction score
i'm still trying to figure out why Panther and SF fans are coming in here puffing their chest out, when the fact is neither of those teams have beat us in the last 4 games we've played them, carolina at their house two years in a row. you can't beat us at your house but you're going to come into CLink and beat us?

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Let me toss some truth at both trolls...

Cam Newton is 0-2 against Seattle in his own home...and those two games were the worst two games statistically in his career. Plus we're getting better...

Colin Krapondick has been bad in all three meetings against the Seahawks. He eked out one win early against Russell, when he was being guarded by the coaches, and even then it took major drops by our receivers for you to claim that.

Russell doesn't lose in the same building twice. We will kiss the stick goodbye with a double digit victory, and no chance in hell Cam and Co make it to the NFCCG, but thank you for straight up assuming and acknowledging without question that that NFCCG will be in Seattle. Be gone, trolls.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3tf9sbrw said:
Another Panthers fan that "knows" they only lost to us because they shot themselves in the foot.

Meh, whatever. We wrap up #1 seed, I don't see a team in the league that is going to hand us a loss in Seattle short of us getting some key injuries.
It is known. I just wonder if Pete is actually holding Percy in reserve until the playoffs? If so watch the tears run....for years 5 or so to be exact.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Panthers have absolutely no chance against Seattle in Seattle. I'm sorry man, your team isn't that good.

Newton has thrown 6 interceptions in the past 5 games, your receivers are not even average, the running game is average at best -- the front seven of the defense is pretty good and the secondary is opportunistic, but RW doesn't make the mistakes you guys can capitalize on. I like Ted Ginn Jr. a lot and I'm glad to see him take a bigger role and he's a matchup problem for anyone, but it's not enough. We don't play enough zone to make Cam's feet that much of a threat.

I'll throw a little more respect once you beat NO twice, not enough to suggest you could win.

Any given Sunday I guess.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":24v942tw said:
Let me toss some truth at both trolls...

Cam Newton is 0-2 against Seattle in his own home...and those two games were the worst two games statistically in his career. Plus we're getting better...

Colin Krapondick has been bad in all three meetings against the Seahawks. He eked out one win early against Russell, when he was being guarded by the coaches, and even then it took major drops by our receivers for you to claim that.

Russell doesn't lose in the same building twice. We will kiss the stick goodbye with a double digit victory, and no chance in hell Cam and Co make it to the NFCCG, but thank you for straight up assuming and acknowledging without question that that NFCCG will be in Seattle. Be gone, trolls.
Slight correction...... the Kraepper has never beat Seattle he's 0-2. Alex Smith was the QB last year at Candledump!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been pointed out already but:

Week 1:
Russell Wilson: 300 Yards, 1TD, 0 INT ; Cam Newton: 125 yards, 1TD.

This was a close game because Seattle decided not to turn on the offensive jets yet.