OP
OP
G

GoPanthers

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":r1b5f4cb said:
GoPanthers":r1b5f4cb said:
MontanaHawk05":r1b5f4cb said:
How are your O-line and secondary doing?

You want to know how bad our O-line is? We drafted a DT back in 2011. He is a bust, so we cut him. We brought him in a few weeks ago and played him Guard. To be fair though, they are holding their own, but..

Mike Wallace abused the secondary a few weeks ago, but other than that they've been decent. I don't your WRs would find much success against us, unless you're just running Harvin deep every play.
You must have missed last nights game? Seattle will score more than 14 points if they play Car here and car won't score more than 14. I like your team, but they will struggle here. Ask Steve Smith about the NFC championship game here in 2006.

2006, when we were down to our 5th string running back, and had Jake Delhomme as our QB.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
GoPanthers":2w2mcac9 said:
MontanaHawk05":2w2mcac9 said:
Newton has matured rapidly this year, that's for sure. Our defense was perfectly suited to handle him before; now it'll be an interesting adaptation.

The Saints are one dimensional. We have the ability to run the ball, play action, options etc. Its hard to defend that. Just ask New England.

New England's defense has been decimated with injuries. They have lost their two top DTs. The Texans put up 31 points on the NE defense. The Panthers haven't faced this Seahawk defense nor any team like it for that matter. When the Seahawks beat the Panthers in week 1, they were without - Cliff Avril, Chris Clemons, and Bruce Irvin. Yet they still grinded it out and won. They didn't by throwing it deep on your secondary which gives up about 209 per game passing. Care to check what the Seahawk pass defense does? Ask Steve Smith what happened the last time he was in Seattle
for a playoff game.

Here let me show you -

[youtube]E6ykGkf-g9Q[/youtube]

This team's defense is much much better than the 2006 team. Be careful for what you wish for.....
Part Deux on Jan 19th.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
GoPanthers":3uci31ci said:
If I'm not mistaken, the Bucs almost went up there and won. The Tampa Bay Bucs. You're not invincible.

Neither are the Panthers.

Especially when Wilson throws for 350 on your defense and Cam has another 125 yard day.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
GoPanthers":309bjsgs said:
If I'm not mistaken, the Bucs almost went up there and won. The Tampa Bay Bucs. You're not invincible.

Yes we are.

Seriously, the Seahawks wanted that game in the second half, and they went and took it. Comparing a game that Seattle didn't really bother to try with for a half (and where both starting tackles and I believe the starting center were out for the offense) to any playoff games? I would say that comparison rings false.

But I get it; Carolina fans are having fun with being hopeful, and I would too because at 1-2, it looked like y'all were going to have a coaching change, and since then, watching the Panthers has gone from painful to fun.

Polaris

Reaction score
GoPanthers":1qhpqj20 said:

True, but this would be a playoff atmosphere. That's a level above what the Bucs had to face. Besides, let's get there first (and this applies to both teams). Seattle hasn't clinched HFA yet, and you have to beat up on the Saints a couple of times yourself.

Plenty of time to compare notes later. ;)

OP
OP
G

GoPanthers

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3ana5vut said:
I wouldn't get ahead of yourself. You have 2 games against the Saints coming up, an angry Saints team back in the dome first up.

You guys wil be on the road in the playoffs. That's tough to win, especially three in a row as a Wild Card.

Actually the last few Super Bowl champs have done it by winning 2 or more on the road in the playoffs. I can't remember the last team to win the Super Bowl after getting home field advantage. (See Ravens-Broncos)

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Does he plan on joining us in chat on Jan. 19th? Panthers aren't getting to us in January lol.

Polaris

Reaction score
GoPanthers":1ivrr9vq said:
FlyingGreg":1ivrr9vq said:
I wouldn't get ahead of yourself. You have 2 games against the Saints coming up, an angry Saints team back in the dome first up.

You guys wil be on the road in the playoffs. That's tough to win, especially three in a row as a Wild Card.

Actually the last few Super Bowl champs have done it by winning 2 or more on the road in the playoffs. I can't remember the last team to win the Super Bowl after getting home field advantage. (See Ravens-Broncos)

Which matters until it doesn't. Let's get there first, then we can talk about it.

OP
OP
G

GoPanthers

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":149ggaji said:
Does he plan on joining us in chat on Jan. 19th? Panthers aren't getting to us in January lol.

I plan on being in Seattle.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Be sure to come back here next week after the Saints beat your team. Your chest will be noticeably less puffed out.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
GoPanthers":bgzyiq8q said:

I've seen several people on various boards point to that Bucs game as evidence that Seattle isn't all that, even at home.

The problem with that is that it takes a game that happened a month ago and extrapolates it to some future date. If that game was a blueprint, as some folks suggest, then it stands to reason that all games are blueprints, and all the Seahawks would have to do is do what they did in Week 1 against your Panthers. Boom, 5 point win.

Obviously, that's ridiculous, because teams change over time. They tweak personnel groupings, lose players to injury or gain players back from injury, change up the offense/defense to hide weaknesses and emphasize strengths, etc. So pointing to the Bucs game as evidence that the Seahawks can be beaten at home is just as bad as us pointing to, say, the Panthers vs. Cardinals game as evidence that your team can't win on the road.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm an Auburn alum and I absolutely love Cam Newton. So happy to see him maturing and expanding his game. I think the Panthers are going to be a tough team to beat for quite some time. But I don't think he'll have as much luck at the Clink if the Panthers and Seahawks should make it to the NFC Championship game. The Seahawks underestimated the Bucs a bit.. they won't make that same mistake with Carolina.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
This thread is just reinforcing the fact that i dont like the Panthers or their fans lol. I can respect a man that can say "Itll be a good game between our teams" but this kind of dude annoys the crap out of me. "We're gonna win, no one disagree with me or use reason"

495491 boy with fingers inb ears

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
GoPanthers":2j6739qu said:

Correct, no team is invincible. And to be sure, many of my fellow twelves are going to jump onto the "invincible" sub-wagon now, as happens with every fan base.

A few caveats to your statement, tho:

* The Bucs DIDN'T actually win.

* Mike Glennon is looking like a potential franchise QB, despite his showing this week.

* Tampa's defense has some talent on it, especially along the line, which was a good thing to take advantage of our lack of starting tackles at the time. (Our backup tackles are little more than curtains). I doubt that particular performance would ever repeat itself with Russell Okung and Breno Giacomini back at their spots.

Hawks46

Reaction score
GoPanthers":23f4inyv said:
MontanaHawk05":23f4inyv said:
Newton has matured rapidly this year, that's for sure. Our defense was perfectly suited to handle him before; now it'll be an interesting adaptation.

The Saints are one dimensional. We have the ability to run the ball, play action, options etc. Its hard to defend that. Just ask New England.

So does SF. They're a better running team than you guys are. Just ask them how they've fared up here.

I think the Panthers look great, and they're improving every week. They probably have the best chance to beat us in the NFC. I still think we're the favored team until time or injuries prove otherwise.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
GoPanthers":1ccw89rx said:
JGfromtheNW":1ccw89rx said:

I plan on being in Seattle.

Panthers need to worry about Dec 8 and Dec 22 before they can even think about Jan. 19th. The Saints aren't going to roll over and they are a much better team than they showed last night but then again they were playing the class of the NFC, the Seahawks. Seahawks have done that to a number of teams this year. If the time comes, they will do it to the Panthers too. I can visualize Steve Smith and Cam Newton pouting like a bunch of.... on the sidelines while their team is getting pummeled by the Seahawks, again. The Steve Smith pouting seems so real..it already happened in 2006. Move to 2014, same thing.

2_0_6

Reaction score
until you clinch a spot in the playoffs its a bit too early to stake claim to coming up here and winning. For all we know, the Saints could steam roll the Panthers both games and you would be watching the playoffs like all other years from your couch.

Go Hawks

seahawksny

Reaction score
I would predict a rematch. Carolina can beat Just about anyone.
The Wilson they saw in week 1, is not the same Wilson now, but neither is Cam so it would be a great one

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
volsunghawk":13517pj8 said:
GoPanthers":13517pj8 said:

I've seen several people on various boards point to that Bucs game as evidence that Seattle isn't all that, even at home.

The problem with that is that it takes a game that happened a month ago and extrapolates it to some future date. If that game was a blueprint, as some folks suggest, then it stands to reason that all games are blueprints, and all the Seahawks would have to do is do what they did in Week 1 against your Panthers. Boom, 5 point win.

Obviously, that's ridiculous, because teams change over time. They tweak personnel groupings, lose players to injury or gain players back from injury, change up the offense/defense to hide weaknesses and emphasize strengths, etc. So pointing to the Bucs game as evidence that the Seahawks can be beaten at home is just as bad as us pointing to, say, the Panthers vs. Cardinals game as evidence that your team can't win on the road.

Don't get me wrong, though. I'm an Auburn alum and I absolutely love Cam Newton. So happy to see him maturing and expanding his game. I think the Panthers are going to be a tough team to beat for quite some time. But I don't think he'll have as much luck at the Clink if the Panthers and Seahawks should make it to the NFC Championship game. The Seahawks underestimated the Bucs a bit.. they won't make that same mistake with Carolina.

Volsung with the kill shot.