See you in Seattle on January 19th

tdigitee

Reaction score
seahawksny":3cxshxyk said:
The Wilson they saw in week 1, is not the same Wilson now

Sort of - the Panthers in Week 1 of this season faced Russell Wilson 2.0, as he underwent a major software upgrade in the offseason. After each game, Paul Allen’s minions install a service pack that incorporates all of the lessons and necessary modifications from that game, so he knows how to deal with that defense and not make any of the same mistakes. It’s like that bad robot from The Incredibles, taking what he learns from each opponent to adapt in the next version (and never losing to the same opponent twice). IF the Panthers come to Seattle then, they’ll be facing Russell Wilson 2.17 or something like that.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Lol, QB play by Cam alone will beat us? Panthers shooting themselves in the foot were the only reason you lost? LMFAO!

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
GoPanthers":uuddxc4x said:
First of all, thank you for slapping the Stains around last night. I'm 95% sure the Panthers and Seahawks will meet up again in Seattle for the NFL Championship. The last two times we've played you guys we shot ourselves in the foot, thus losing the game. I have no doubt it would be another tough game for both teams, as I think we're basically the same team (Our front 7 is better, your secondary is better) but the difference is Cam Newton has basically done what RW did last year. Grow at a rate we've never seen. I have no doubt we're capable of going into Seattle and winning based on QB play alone. Cheers, and goodluck.

Bring it. There's not a team in the league that scares me right now, especially at home, and that includes yours. Don't get me wrong, the Panthers are a very good team. But Seattle is better.

Anguish

Reaction score
Carolina coming TO Seattle and winning in January!

1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

NorCal

Reaction score
I think both the Niners and CAR are the two teams who are built to win in SEA in January. And that is based off their defenses bc those defenses COULD keep it relatively low scoring and close. And close games in the playoffs can go any way. I don't think any other NFC playoff teams can do it.

Joey13091

Reaction score
NorCal":2fqh8tyc said:
I think both the Niners and CAR are the two teams who are built to win in SEA in January. And that is based off their defenses bc those defenses COULD keep it relatively low scoring and close. And close games in the playoffs can go any way. I don't think any other NFC playoff teams can do it.

Yeah because the 49er's last two showings here were great. Lol

Panthers have a better shot than th 49ers imo based off their recent visits to the C-Link.

beasthawk

Reaction score
Oh,gawd, please don't come here and start fights, Rule 1 in a other teams forum: you will never win a fight in another teams forum EVER...EVER, so if you come here to post do so with egg shell walking precaution...

NorCal

Reaction score
beasthawk":1pi49oak said:
Oh,gawd, please don't come here and start fights, Rule 1 in a other teams forum: you will never win a fight in another teams forum EVER...EVER, so if you come here to post do so with egg shell walking precaution...

How was I started a fight? I guess I should just congratulate you guys on going to the Super Bowl then huh. I guess my search for objective analysis/opinion on this site continues...

iigakusei

Reaction score
NorCal":p07n2vj6 said:

I tend to agree with you - but to be honest the team that would kind of scare me if they played right now would be Philly. Very unpredicatable and would play with a nothing to lose attitude (kinda like Tampa Bay in the 1st half).

NorCal

Reaction score
iigakusei":2lkqmxo9 said:
I tend to agree with you - but to be honest the team that would kind of scare me if they played right now would be Philly. Very unpredicatable and would play with a nothing to lose attitude (kinda like Tampa Bay in the 1st half).

Perhaps. But I think Philly's D is a problem for them. And I do think SEA's D would give them many problems. And honestly, if the Niners have to go to Philly for a WC game, I would feel pretty good about it. Have to see how they do down the stretch here.

hawker84

Reaction score
GoPanthers":b7cedy8k said:
First of all, thank you for slapping the Stains around last night. I'm 95% sure the Panthers and Seahawks will meet up again in Seattle for the NFL Championship. The last two times we've played you guys we shot ourselves in the foot, thus losing the game. I have no doubt it would be another tough game for both teams, as I think we're basically the same team (Our front 7 is better, your secondary is better) but the difference is Cam Newton has basically done what RW did last year. Grow at a rate we've never seen. I have no doubt we're capable of going into Seattle and winning based on QB play alone. Cheers, and goodluck.

The last place the Panthers want to be in January is in the PNW, not because you don't have a good team, but because we have a better team, and in this stadium, we aren't losing ...

But make it here first then we can talk in depth about how the Seahawks are just that much better than the Panthers... Till then good luck with a pissed off Saints team..

CANHawk

Reaction score
GoPanthers":7ntnfa96 said:
Mike Wallace abused the secondary a few weeks ago, but other than that they've been decent. I don't (think?) your WRs would find much success against us, unless you're just running Harvin deep every play.

I thought you had potential as a visitor, but you're clearly just a knucklehead after this comment. Percy Harvin has only played like 10 downs for us and 3/4 of the fanbase hardly even notices he's not there. Just because you haven't heard of any of them, Seattle has numerous weapons on offense that can do lots of damage. I'm not going to predict any butt whoopings, but our guys will more than hold their own against yours...

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
GoPanthers":23coxb4g said:
If I'm not mistaken, the Bucs almost went up there and won. The Tampa Bay Bucs. You're not invincible.

This is exhibit A that you havent done your homework. The Bucs played us when our starting LT, C & RT were still out. Russell had NO pass protection, but still found a way to come back and win. Your Panthers will meet with a Russell Wilson who has time to throw on top of his other abilities. You will come in roaring like lions and go home like kittens with migraines.

I predict the Hawk D will take Newton out of that comfort zone he's been living in lately. That said, Carolina should play us much closer than most teams do at C-link.

A

Anonymous

Three words for you:

Blanket. Steve. Smith.

This is the exact defensive formula used to destroy the Panther pipe dreams dreamt by Delhomme and co, in 2005. It sounds crazy to just cover one guy with the 2013 version of the cats in mind, but BION it will work again.

If Smith, being the go-to guy especially in third down situations, is eliminated from any opportunities, a multitude of negative things happen to the Panthers offense. First and foremost, when Steve Smith starts getting hit a lot at the LOS he gets frustrated. When Smith thinks he's open and doesn't get a ball he gets irritated. After he becomes irritated, he'll throw his helmet at the bench, get in the face on the OC and the QB, and generally cry and whine until an offensive implosion occurs and they go nowhere.

On offense, Bevell will simply draw up a tasty protection scheme similar to what we all saw last night that effectively negates that pass rush and has the safety scratching his head.

Cam can't save you.

Joey13091

Reaction score
NorCal":nukaapjd said:
beasthawk":nukaapjd said:

How was I started a fight? I guess I should just congratulate you guys on going to the Super Bowl then huh. I guess my search for objective analysis/opinion on this site continues...

I think he was referring to the op not you.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
GoPanthers":4pef6rpj said:
Sports Hernia":4pef6rpj said:
GoPanthers":4pef6rpj said:
MontanaHawk05":4pef6rpj said:
How are your O-line and secondary doing?

You want to know how bad our O-line is? We drafted a DT back in 2011. He is a bust, so we cut him. We brought him in a few weeks ago and played him Guard. To be fair though, they are holding their own, but..

Mike Wallace abused the secondary a few weeks ago, but other than that they've been decent. I don't your WRs would find much success against us, unless you're just running Harvin deep every play.
You must have missed last nights game? Seattle will score more than 14 points if they play Car here and car won't score more than 14. I like your team, but they will struggle here. Ask Steve Smith about the NFC championship game here in 2006.

2006, when we were down to our 5th string running back, and had Jake Delhomme as our QB.

And you guys came into town pounding your chests like world-beating road warriors...just as you are arrogantly doing right now. Go ahead and refuse to acknowledge your opponent. Think you are the only team with a multi-talented QB, a good D and running game? We have pretty damn good spec teams as well. I would give our secondary the edge without question.

49ers

Reaction score
SFO is favored for a reason, most notably for the revenge factor, that it's in San Fran, and the entire team is healthy for the first time all year. I don't see one game that Seattle has played away this year that is entirely impressive. The Panthers game made me want to puke.

And why do some of you guys reference our last two losses @ Seattle as any kind of indicator of how this game is going to go? Crowd noise was obviously a HUGE factor in both of those games (kudos to you guys!).

Well I can do that too: In the last 2 games @ San Fran, YOU lost.

So? :p

Point is, this is a push game for the obvious reasons. It's going to be close, neither side will blow the other side away. I expect a great game from start to finish, yelling (and being amazed) at RW all game long, and injury free god damnit!

..... I wish Harvin was playing. :<

2_0_6

Reaction score
49ers":8g2l7oo2 said:
SFO is favored for a reason, most notably for the revenge factor, that it's in San Fran, and the entire team is healthy for the first time all year. I don't see one game that Seattle has played away this year that is entirely impressive. The Panthers game made me want to puke.

And why do some of you guys reference our last two losses @ Seattle as any kind of indicator of how this game is going to go? Crowd noise was obviously a HUGE factor in both of those games (kudos to you guys!).

Well I can do that too: In the last 2 games @ San Fran, YOU lost.

So? :p

Point is, this is a push game for the obvious reasons. It's going to be close, neither side will blow the other side away. I expect a great game from start to finish, yelling (and being amazed) at RW all game long, and injury free god damnit!

..... I wish Harvin was playing. :<

:lol: Thanks for the chuckle today..

If the Panthers/Hawks game made you want to puke, what did it feel like when they came into YOUR house and dominated you guys? Or even better, how about the Colts when they came in and laid a whopping in YOUR house?

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Pretty sure Harvin is going to play. SF is favored because it's at the 'Stick, no other reason.

I'm not surprised you haven't been entirely impressed by Seahawk road wins, but don't talk down about them. We beat the Panthers in a similar fashion to how they beat you in your own stadium. @ the Cards we pulled away to a comfy win after a hard fought game. Dismantled the Falcons as expected from the first quarter on. You SHOULD be entirely impressed by our 11-1 record, however.

Bringing up the past few games is irrelevant, you're right. Both teams are in completely different places than they were week two this year, last year's games, etc.

After watching last night's game and watching how our team has travelled this season, I am pretty confident in a Seahawks win. From the sounds of it, the 9ers o-line is banged up and their receiving corps is good and healthy , but they're not as good as the Saint's corps - let's be real. Seahawks focus on shutting down Gore and it's lights out.