Second Best Team

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The world is not ready for a Niners/Hawks Super Bowl. It would be too much for the nation to comprehend.

Vegas would go berserk trying to make a line on a neutral field.

lucky49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":31qo59rp said:
The world is not ready for a Niners/Hawks Super Bowl. It would be too much for the nation to comprehend.

Vegas would go berserk trying to make a line on a neutral field.

what odds would you give me for a triple OT game?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
San Francisco probably was the 2nd best team.. but I think they were much more evenly matchup with Denver than we were. The 49ers weak link on defense is their secondary.. so I think Peyton would have had a much better performance against that defense than ours.

At the same time though, the Broncos would have been way over their heads defending the zone read and Boldin/Crabtree/Davis as well. So I think that Super Bowl would have been a hotly contested shootout like SB47 was.

On the flip side, I think New England would have played us closer and San Francisco would have blown them out. So there's that too.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Maybe on paper but the 9ers have come up short every year since Harbaugh arrived. Many starting to believe he is just not capable of winning on the big stage.

Sounds crazy but consider who was the better team on paper last year before the sulper bowl or the year prior the Giants had no Bussiness beating the Niners in San Fran.

Until the they prove other wise, Harbaugh is a coach version of Manning. Great in the regular season but not ready for the big stage.

getnasty

Reaction score
Niners secondary would have got torch, not saying the niners don't win but I think its a close game one way or the other

hawkfan68

Reaction score
My rankings would be like this:

1. Seahawks
2. 49ers
3. Saints/Panthers
4. Broncos
5. Patriots
6. Cardinals

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Niners pass rush would mess Peyton Manning UP. I don't think SF would destroy Den as much as we did. However if the SB was played over again I don't think we beat them as bad again.

Sunday was special.

NFLFanSweden

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3pjfswww said:
Maybe on paper but the 9ers have come up short every year since Harbaugh arrived. Many starting to believe he is just not capable of winning on the big stage.

Sounds crazy but consider who was the better team on paper last year before the sulper bowl or the year prior the Giants had no Bussiness beating the Niners in San Fran.

Until the they prove other wise, Harbaugh is a coach version of Manning. Great in the regular season but not ready for the big stage.

Well, in San Francisco, I can say we're pretty happy with Harbs. He's gotten the rep of bringing the team to the NFC Championship game every year since he's been the coach and each year the team does better in the game. The NFCCG was a great game and yep we lost but I'm thinking we ALMOST won and we didn't get blown out by the hawks, in Seattle. With that knowledge AND the victory against Seattle in SF, I'm looking forward to see how things play out next season.

I mean, no doubt your LOB is beastly and really impressive and that you were #1 this year but with what I said above the Niners could be knocking on your door again next year for the #1 spot.

candyman4881

Reaction score
There is a strong possibility that Denver goes 0-4 against the NFC West next year - I think they will lose @ Seahawks and @ Rams (yes I am a homer but we play better at home), and the 49ers and Cardinals are the type of team that can go into Denver and get a win. Is it probable? No, but a definite possibility.

lucky49

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1ven8jzv said:
Isn't having a real rival fun? It reminds me of St. Louis in 2000-2001.

were you guys even in that division then?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
lucky49":3lh9v4mp said:
MizzouHawkGal":3lh9v4mp said:
Isn't having a real rival fun? It reminds me of St. Louis in 2000-2001.

were you guys even in that division then?

Ouch. Should've been 2002 - 2004. (Maybe 2005? The Rams were starting to get crappy by then.)

Latest posts