Seattle Sounders 2019 Season Thread

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Was fun to watch.

Anyone see the Toronto game? DC tied it 3 minutes into injury time.

Toronto then scores 4 in extra time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Terrible first half, fantastic second half.

Go Fighting Zlatan's so we can have a home conference championship..............gonna be VERY hard to beat LAFC in LA.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":13sty0eq said:
These should be two legged ties

They changed the format this year, it's all single elimination matches with higher seed hosting....or do you mean they SHOULD be two legs like before?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1qi7z3a5 said:
Uncle Si":1qi7z3a5 said:

They changed the format this year, it's all single elimination matches with higher seed hosting....or do you mean they SHOULD be two legs like before?

The conference semi and finals should be two legs. I think it would be better imo.

Leave the play in round as a single game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2qynn3m5 said:
Sgt. Largent":2qynn3m5 said:
Uncle Si":2qynn3m5 said:

The conference semi and finals should be two legs. I think it would be better imo.

Leave the play in round as a single game.

I'm with you. Once you get to the conference finals, matches are too important to possibly be decided by a fluke goal or bad penalty getting someone sent off, etc.

I get why MLS is doing it, they want to create a more sense of urgency and attract sports fans that get confused by the whole aggregate goal style of soccer playoffs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not the result I was hoping for, we match up way better with the Galaxy, especially at home.

Gonna be a tall order to beat LAFC in LA.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3kmhfthi said:
Not the result I was hoping for, we match up way better with the Galaxy, especially at home.

Gonna be a tall order to beat LAFC in LA.

Yep. LAFC is just straight up the best team in the league, but you never know. That's the fun thing about sports. The best team doesn't always win.

That was a super fun, super entertaining game though.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Wow! Sounders just played their best match of the season. 3rd mls cup appearance in 4 years.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1qmdukz5 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/1189398661303656448[/tweet]

Yeah I don't know what Bradley was bitching about. Sounders outclassed his side from start to finish. Guess LAFC was suffering from a letdown after beating the Galaxy last week or something, idk.

What a time for the Sounders to decide to play their most complete match of the season, and what a time for us to take advantage of the new MLS playoff format............I still like the home/away aggregate better, but I'll admit these knockout matches make for some very exciting soccer.

PS. Ruidiaz is a pimp.

Latest posts