Seahawks waive WR Stephen Williams

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hawks46":2xs7ixcx said:
You're kidding right ? He's going straight to San Fransisco

Not gonna happen. Right now the 9ers have 7 WRs on the 53, one on the PS, and 2 more (Crabs and Manningham) scheduled to come back this season. There's no point in bringing him in and trying to get him up to speed when he'd just get cut anyway when those two are back.

The only person he could even possibly supplant would be Kasim Osgood, and that's not gonna happen because Osgood is exclusively on the team for ST, which Williams doesn't play.

He had a nice pre-season, but agreed with folks who have pointed out that he hasn't ever done jack in a regular game before. FWIW, IIRC he's not eligible for practice squads anymore.

SE174

Reaction score
Veilside":lzlqxaj4 said:
Bah that little girl was right! She predicted Williams would be gone when she named all the WRs and didn't mention him!
This is the first thing I thought of as well.

SE174

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1u3p12e4 said:
Not sure how you justify having more backs on your roster than receivers, but okay. The Daniels pick-up really doesn't look as good to me now.
We run the ball more than anyone in the league, and pass less than most.

OrFan

Reaction score
The guy was fun to watch when TJ would hook up with him. The problem is that was against backup players. If we all agreed to play our backups for a couple games, I'm sure he would still be here looking great.

He will get picked up by some team that has a need for his skill set. Who knows, he may pan out yet.

Best of luck to you, Williams, you were fun to watch when the games got a bit boring. You were a difference maker when we needed a bit of a confidence builder with everyone else out.

I had to edit this to say that in no way was I being sarcastic. He was really fun to watch.

A

Anonymous

Meh.

This waiving doesn't surprise me, Williams was not that special.

Lockette, 2.0

m0ng0

Reaction score
maybe there is another move coming? maybe TJack is going to be starting somewhere else very soon?