Grading Seahawks 2024 Free Agents

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Who is Pete Prisco?? Another click baiter?
Essentially yes. He's some baffoon that gets off on trashing the Seahawks.

As criticial as I've been of Schneider this off season, I wouldn't give us an F -.
I'd give us a solid B grade. As I've stated in past posts, I'm personally just not sold or sure what direction the team is going, but my opinion is merely that.

toffee

Reaction score
A few areas that I humbly disagree with Schneider:
1. Failure to address the IOL, we have no starting guards and questionable centers.
2. Re-signing of Darrell Taylor.
3. Failure to move on from Lockett.

A few areas that I like:
1. Signing of George Fant, if we had Fant last season, we might be in the playoff.
2. Trading for Sam Howell, a younger and cheaper Lock, maybe more.
3. Replacing Bobby and Brook with LBs better in coverage.

As is, we may have Phil Haynes (if we re-sign him), Anthony Bradford and Olu as our starting interior linemen, or we hope the guards we draft will be ready to start and provide an instant improvement over Lewis & co. We could again waste our probowl QB, WR, RB, when our line couldn't block.

xray

Reaction score
They're trying to put a team together that can still compete ; but also have no illusions of winning the division or going deep in the playoffs . They would take 9 or 10 wins , and be happy with that ; in year one of the build . imo

bileever

Reaction score
There were pundits who gave the Seahawks better grades for free agency. Garrett Podell, who like Pete Prisco, is with CBS Sports, gave the Seahawks a B+:

The splashier moves get the higher grades. You don't get as much credit for re-signing your own players, even though that's just as important.

I understand the reasons for the Seahawks' low grades from some people. The Seahawks, for the most part, made under-the-radar signings. Jerome Baker, Tyrel Dodson, and George Fant are not household names. Another reason for the low free agency grades are the pundits' over valuing of players we lost like Bobby Wagner and Jordyn Brooks. As much as we might like them, most of us here would not have been happy if the Seahawks had signed Brooks and Wagner for the kind of money they got.

CactusJack

Reaction score
A few areas that I humbly disagree with Schneider:
1. Failure to address the IOL, we have no starting guards and questionable centers.
2. Re-signing of Darrell Taylor.
3. Failure to move on from Lockett.

A few areas that I like:
1. Signing of George Fant, if we had Fant last season, we might be in the playoff.
2. Trading for Sam Howell, a younger and cheaper Lock, maybe more.
3. Replacing Bobby and Brook with LBs better in coverage.

As is, we may have Phil Haynes (if we re-sign him), Anthony Bradford and Olu as our starting interior linemen, or we hope the guards we draft will be ready to start and provide an instant improvement over Lewis & co. We could again waste our probowl QB, WR, RB, when our line couldn't block.
Agree for the most part aside from the Lockett bit.

The IOL remains the biggest weakness of the roster. It's a giant concern at the moment. But there's still time to address it.

The George Fant signing is one that will fly under the radar for most. But it was a very shrewd move by John. Given what we know about Lucas.

I thought they did a decent job of salvaging the LB situation. They were probably caught off guard by Brooks departure. But bringing in both Baker & Dodson were solid moves, that could pay off.

I'd probably give them a B or B-, so far. If they add a quality Guard in free agency, then I might bump it up to a B+.

Last edited:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Apparently that photo I posted with Prisco giving us an F- was a fake. He gave the Seahawks a C-. Sorry about that. My error for trusting this Facebook picture

chris98251

Reaction score
Apparently that photo I posted with Prisco giving us an F- was a fake. He gave the Seahawks a C-. Sorry about that. My error for trusting this Facebook picture
Ban him for incitement and giving Pickso clicks to bitch about the F-

Latest posts