Seahawks waive WR Stephen Williams

Seaswab

Reaction score
I thought we were all excited when we signed Williams? Id rather have williams over kearse

seabowl

Reaction score
Now the question is would you rather have Williams or BJ Daniels?

IMO Williams is more valuable now.

HawkWow

Reaction score
We all love the underdog, so it was easy to get caught up in this guy. But it was starting to be apparent he was sort've a one trick pony. With our line decimated, his one trick doesn't fit well in this offense. I wish him well but don't think we will miss him.

OP
OP
Killa Kam

Killa Kam

Reaction score
Seaswab":iwcrkh0x said:
I thought we were all excited when we signed Williams? Id rather have williams over kearse
Kearse is a special teams stud and caught the game winning td against Carolina. What exactly has Williams done in regular season play to be excited about?

No way he gets to the 49ers, a weaker team will claim him before they have the chance

HawkWow

Reaction score
seabowl":1je06vdf said:
Now the question is would you rather have Williams or BJ Daniels?

IMO Williams is more valuable now.

Hard to answer that because we have no idea of the plan Pete has for BJD. I won't be stunned if we see him come in from time to time to run the read option, wildcat, etc. BJD has a much broader skillset than Williams. So if Pete is not going to just let him sit unused on the bench (forever), I'd take BJD over Williams. Our WRs don't get enough targets as it is. Here's to their health.

Veilside

Reaction score
Bah that little girl was right! She predicted Williams would be gone when she named all the WRs and didn't mention him!

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
Williams does one thing and that's go routes. He doesn't play special teams like Morgan and Kearse. Both those guys are also younger. The move seems to make sense.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seaswab":291epat7 said:

Go back and watch the Carolina game. Look for the WR that dropped a TD pass before Kearse caught one.

I liked Williams as much as anyone in the pre-season. But we're talking our #4 and #5 WR when we need to make room for Harvin. Can't keep everyone.

Johnny

Reaction score
Williams looked great in the preseason, but he was unable to make those same down the field catches in the reg. season.... He had to be the one to be released we can't afford to release O-linemen or D-linemen at this point... and our linebacker depth is thin even with Irvin coming back.

razgriz737

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3oht6rbc said:
I really don't know what everyone was excited about with him. But I'm sure he'll remain on their speed dial unless he's snatched up.
I have to agree. He was good in preseason, but we've seen preseason heroes come and go many times.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I was excited about Stephen Williams. I was hoping he would make an impact.

I think the thing with Mike Morgan is that he is good on Special Teams, can play linebacker and they are also putting him at LEO, so that makes him a very flexible player for spot duty and in case of an injury.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Veilside":xgaud0nl said:
Bah that little girl was right! She predicted Williams would be gone when she named all the WRs and didn't mention him!
Shh! Don't let Pehawk hear that.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Not sure how you justify having more backs on your roster than receivers, but okay. The Daniels pick-up really doesn't look as good to me now.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
We suddenly have a lot of pretty lackluster dudes at the very bottom of the roster.

Will I

Reaction score
I would think the other 31 teams have "pretty lackluster dudes" at the bottom of their rosters too. Some throughout the whole thing.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
This makes sense when Harvin gets back, maybe we wanted to just get it over with now.

Latest posts