Seahawks veterans call meeting over PEDs

gspin2k1

Reaction score
The Radish":1e16c8h1 said:
gspin

Well you've made that point about 20 times now. We get it!

I personally don't think you know shit about it and neither do any of the rest of us. A mistake was made and he got off. Why do you and some others have to keep harping about how he got off?

Are you Steve Harper maybe?

Its over and done with. He got off. End of story. None of us know any more. If you have any "real" information and I don't mean the same talking head stuff you're saying then bring if forward.

If not,,,then please find it in your heart to stop and see if you can find some upscale news. You can't change what happened so why keep harping on it.

Let me use an example perhaps everyone will understand.

Driver A is not paying attention very well while driving but at the last second wakes up and avoids a massive collision that would surely have done damage or even killed him and several other drivers.

If this was your example then you are sure he was texting/talking on his phone and he should have suffered the collision killing a couple of people rather than everyone being ok. All this because "you personally" think he's guilty but your opinion is not supported by any facts.

That finding is not any different than your blatant statement that you say he was using and was just lucky.

:141847_bnono:

radish.

I think YOU'RE missing the point.

Regardless if Sherman or Browner were guilty or innocent. They both got busted (one got off) last season. It's not about Sherman, it's about IRVIN. The fact is by Sherman and Browner both being busted, it's obvious the NFL was starting to keep a closer watch on the Seahawks regarding PEDs. And to be the next guy to get busted is just plain stupid. Again going back to the same point YOU KEEP MISSING. It's like having your two buddies getting busted for speeding through the same speed trap (one got off). Then you're the third guy through the same speed trap and got busted. You're an idiot if that was the case. It's like really dude? two people JUST got pulled over, you really wanted to try and speed through the same trap thinking you wouldn't get pulled over either? It's not like all three tests were taken at the same time and his is just coming to light now. Then yes that would be a different scenario.

IRVIN is the point, not Sherman. Move on. :141847_bnono:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
gspin2k1":gjdgyshv said:
Sarlacc83":gjdgyshv said:
gspin2k1":gjdgyshv said:
They should have (and probably did) have the meeting after Browner and Sherman got caught. Lets face it Sherman got off from a technicality.

I think that's why I'm just disappointed with Irvin and any other player who gets caught from this point on. It's like you have a whole bunch of buddies who just got caught speeding through a specific stretch of road, yet you decide to try your luck anyway.

When the tester screwing up the test and lying about it is a technicality, let me know so I can change my definition of technicality accordingly.

As much as we love Sherman because he's a Seahawk. Lets try to pretend this was the case for someone else, hell even pretend it was Kaepernick that this happened too, and lets see if you suddenly don't feel like things were a little different.

Technicality: the use of technical methods or terms.

They were technically supposed to write on the report that the original piss cup was leaking and the sample was transferred. They did not do that.

1) It is possible the tester transferred the leaking sample to a cup that was previously used from another person
- Lets think honestly think about, really? you think a tester would really grab someone else's used cup to transfer into? or maybe we wanna go all conspiracy theory here and say maybe the tester was trying to get Sherman suspended because he/she was paid off. but really?

2) The fact that both Sherman and Browner were both tested positive and Browner didn't appeal kind of shows at least one was for sure guilty of taking Adderrall. Now the only person who really knows if Sherman took Adderrall or not is Sherman. I can again go all conspiracy theory here and say Sherman probably poked a hole in his cup, but maybe he just got lucky, his cup did have a leak, the tester transferred it, forgot to write the transfer in the report. Sherman got a good lawyer, caught the mistake, and had the whole case thrown out on a TECHNICALITY.

Just because Sherman didn't get suspended doesn't mean he's innocent. You know OJ didn't go to jail for murder due to technicalities with how the evidence was handed as well. Having a good lawyer doesn't mean you didn't commit your crime/infraction.

Sorry, I think Sherman took Adderrall, based on what little information is out there. And based on what little information is out there, I don't think you can prove 100% prove his guilt or innocence. Forgive me if I'm one of the few Seahawk fans out there that may actually not view this instance with Hawk vision.

Those are some impressive mental gymnastics to prove your point. Congratulations. (Especially the use of technicality which has NOTHING to do with what you meant. You meant this definition: a petty formal point arising from a strict interpretation of rules.)

1) You've missed the point completely. Sloppy work by the technician (who's been guilty of sloppy work before) followed by a CYA moment. Kind of a huge no-no, don't you think?

2) OJ was set free by a jury. Sherman went up against Goodell who is judge, jury, and executioner. Big difference there, and if Goodell wanted to suspend Sherman for something he did, despite a compromised test, he was going to do it, lawyering be damned.

In conclusion, you've started with the conclusion that Sherman is guilty and then worked to find angles to support it. The rest of us made our conclusion based on the fact that Sherman was released from punishment by the NFL.

The Radish

Reaction score
gspin, got your PM.

I have your quote here.

radish.

I think YOU'RE missing the point.

Regardless if Sherman or Browner were guilty or innocent. They both got busted (one got off) last season. It's not about Sherman, it's about IRVIN. The fact is by Sherman and Browner both being busted, it's obvious the NFL was starting to keep a closer watch on the Seahawks regarding PEDs. And to be the next guy to get busted is just plain stupid. Again going back to the same point YOU KEEP MISSING. It's like having your two buddies getting busted for speeding through the same speed trap (one got off). Then you're the third guy through the same speed trap and got busted. You're an idiot if that was the case. It's like really dude? two people JUST got pulled over, you really wanted to try and speed through the same trap thinking you wouldn't get pulled over either? It's not like all three tests were taken at the same time and his is just coming to light now. Then yes that would be a different scenario.

IRVIN is the point, not Sherman. Move on.

If Irvin is the point then why are you talking about Sherman???

Again, we all get your point that Irvin made a stupid move. Is there something else here I've missed or is that it? I'm perfectly willing to admit that point. I just don't understand why Sherman has to be added to it so many times.

As I said answering your PM we allow you your opinions without getting all insulted so how about giving us the same right?

:roll:

TJH

Reaction score
You're either a massive homer or lieing to yourself if you really think Sherman wasn't on somehting.

Latest posts