Throwing over the middle?

seabowl

Reaction score
It is beyond perplexing that this team hardly ever throws over the middle. How many times last night again did we see balls sail out of bounds giving the receiver no shot to make the catch? Even on the last fourth down play there were five guys going out in patterns and not one of them, not one, was anywhere on the screen over the middle. I get not wanting to get intercepted however when you let the defense know your intentions play in and play out, it’s hard to get first downs and sustain a drive.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Pete’s always said throwing over the middle has higher chances of a turnover. And every team in the league knows that so they stop Seattle O easily. I was hoping one of the SF players would be honest and admit playing the Seahawks is an easy win and they don’t even have to try.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
It is beyond perplexing that this team hardly ever throws over the middle. How many times last night again did we see balls sail out of bounds giving the receiver no shot to make the catch? Even on the last fourth down play there were five guys going out in patterns and not one of them, not one, was anywhere on the screen over the middle. I get not wanting to get intercepted however when you let the defense know your intentions play in and play out, it’s hard to get first downs and sustain a drive.
It’s frustrating and infuriating…

Jase

Reaction score
Game plan is to absolutely force the ball to an overgrown manchild no matter what. Stick to the script when the opposing defense has already read the last page.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Pete’s always said throwing over the middle has higher chances of a turnover. And every team in the league knows that so they stop Seattle O easily. I was hoping one of the SF players would be honest and admit playing the Seahawks is an easy win and they don’t even have to try.
Well then, it truly won't matter who coordinates this offense, it will never get better under PC because he's not bold enough to use the whole field. He's so afraid of turnovers that he severely hampers his offense...great plan Pete! He could learn a lesson from a former rival coach (Bruce Arians), no risk it no biscuit.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
They don’t throw over the middle because they are afraid of disrupting Jack Harlows halftime show

Xxx

Reaction score
Combine that with watching other teams throw for first down over the middle at will and it gets pretty nauseating