Seahawks veterans call meeting over PEDs

tubbs51

Reaction score
Dammit. I was just about to post this too. You beat me Bennett :p

Good to see Kam stepping up into a leadership/veteran roll to let the rest of the players know that the Adderall issue cannot continue.

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
Hats off to the Hawks (and Kam) for stepping up and addressing it in the locker room (amongst themselves as a team). I would love to see a one time, 100% of all the players surprise drug test by the league...and I'm willing to wager the hawks would not have as many players busted as people think.
Any of these trash-talkers who thinks these guys out in Seattle are not an exceptionally talented team or just jumping on the "Pete the Cheat" bandwagon, listen to way too many sensationalized stories and are just plain ignorant. Richard Sherman might have a big mouth, but I haven't seen him say anything that wasn't true (and he definitely backs up what he says). Who knows who will win, but some of the teams who have been great in the past are pretty worried about the Hawks and the NFC West this year. My money is on the Hawks, I like these players a lot and how I see them handle things as a team (as well as "handle" other teams).

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Didn't Kam also call out Percy Harvin on Twitter over the weekend for not being a man of his word? Something about agreeing to show up at a camp Kam was hosting in his hometown? I don't twit, but that's what I was told.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
bestfightstory":u21auz2c said:
Didn't Kam also call out Percy Harvin on Twitter over the weekend for not being a man of his word? Something about agreeing to show up at a camp Kam was hosting in his hometown? I don't twit, but that's what I was told.

He didn't call him out by name...I think people are putting two and two together.

Harvin is from Va Beach, right next to Norfolk...so I would have figured he would be there.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
bobincovington":1um3ceeg said:
Hats off to the Hawks (and Kam) for stepping up and addressing it in the locker room (amongst themselves as a team). I would love to see a one time, 100% of all the players surprise drug test by the league...and I'm willing to wager the hawks would not have as many players busted as people think.
Any of these trash-talkers who thinks these guys out in Seattle are not an exceptionally talented team or just jumping on the "Pete the Cheat" bandwagon, listen to way too many sensationalized stories and are just plain ignorant. Richard Sherman might have a big mouth, but I haven't seen him say anything that wasn't true (and he definitely backs up what he says). Who knows who will win, but some of the teams who have been great in the past are pretty worried about the Hawks and the NFC West this year. My money is on the Hawks, I like these players a lot and how I see them handle things as a team (as well as "handle" other teams).

That about covers it.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2lh4sgug said:
bestfightstory":2lh4sgug said:

He didn't call him out by name...I think people are putting two and two together.

Harvin is from Va Beach, right next to Norfolk...so I would have figured he would be there.

Are they coming up with the sum of 4? And if there is already a thread about this, then my apologies. As I said, I don't tweet. I was told that he first apologized to the camp goers whom he had told Percy would attend. And later he complained about people not following through with what they said they would do. Is my information correct?

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3or8ub96 said:
FlyingGreg":3or8ub96 said:
bestfightstory":3or8ub96 said:

Are they coming up with the sum of 4? And if there is already a thread about this, then my apologies. As I said, I don't tweet. I was told that he first apologized to the camp goers whom he had told Percy would attend. And later he complained about people not following through with what they said they would do. Is my information correct?

I don't think there is a thread. The only thing he posted on Twitter was a non-attribution statement:

"One thing i hate is when someone tells me one thing but backs out last minute and do another. I lose so much respect for them."

I haven't heard anything about him apologizing to people for Harvin not being there, but it sure seems like that's the case considering his above statement on Twitter and Harvin not being there.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1nby32q0 said:

Ugh. I really wish fans would stop speculating over tweets.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3phkpmlr said:
bestfightstory":3phkpmlr said:

Ugh. I really wish fans would stop speculating over tweets. He did no such thing. That's stupid.

Is it? I will be certain to pass that along, if you say so. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I will spank my friend with a wet noodle.

Kameron (@Kam_Chancellor)
5/24/13 8:42 AM
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Percy Harvin will not be attending this weekend. He will be here in spirit.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
bestfightstory":34m46r3j said:
DavidSeven":34m46r3j said:
bestfightstory":34m46r3j said:

Ugh. I really wish fans would stop speculating over tweets. He did no such thing. That's stupid.

Is it? I will be certain to pass that along, if you say so. Thank you for clearing that up for me. I will spank my friend with a wet noodle.

Kameron (@Kam_Chancellor)
5/24/13 8:42 AM
Due to unforeseen circumstances, Percy Harvin will not be attending this weekend. He will be here in spirit.

Yeah, I saw that. The other tweet came on a different day. Could have been referring to anything and Percy has been to his cookout in the past. Again, just fans engaging in salon gossip.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I think pro athletes should be more direct or stay off Twitter. It's stupid.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1hcfh0hq said:

Direct about what? That tweet was probably about one of his friends, business associates or a vendor. Why do you ned to know their name? This thread is the first time I've seen someone try to connect that tweet to Percy. I follow them in real time, and it was obvious he was talking about something else. Like I said, fans should stop speculating. No problem then, because we're not entitled to every detail of their non-football life.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
DavidSeven":g267bdt6 said:
bestfightstory":g267bdt6 said:
Like I said, fans should stop speculating. No problem then, because we're not entitled to every detail of their non-football life.

I'm not the one following pro athletes on Twitter. That would be you. (And my friend)
And FlyingGreg.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3romuh0k said:
DavidSeven":3romuh0k said:
bestfightstory":3romuh0k said:
Like I said, fans should stop speculating. No problem then, because we're not entitled to every detail of their non-football life.

I'm not the one following pro athletes on Twitter. That would be you. (And my friend)

Didn't say there was anything wrong with following them on Twitter.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I came to Seahawks.NET for the TRUTH. And you, DavidSeven, were here to provide. I have texted my friend not to be such a salon-gossiping Nancy and he replied with a request for YOUR Twitter handle so he can get the straight story in the future. Much obliged, brohemigo.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1w2r6kuj said:
bestfightstory":1w2r6kuj said:

Direct about what? That tweet was probably about one of his friends, business associates or a vendor. Why do you ned to know their name? This thread is the first time I've seen someone try to connect that tweet to Percy. I follow them in real time, and it was obvious he was talking about something else. Like I said, fans should stop speculating. No problem then, because we're not entitled to every detail of their non-football life.

I find it hilarious for some reason that you say it is "obvious he was talking about something else" since you saw the tweets in "real time", and you then go on to say, "Like I said, fans should stop speculating."

So does that mean 'fans' should stop speculating, now that you just finished up with your speculating? Or, does it mean that you are NOT a fan, so you are entitled to speculate? Or, does it mean that you're just a hypocrite who is calling out people for asking a simple question because they are not a user of twitter and therefore were looking for clarification?

Inquiring minds....

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This is very good. Now if one of the players continues to use the drugs, it is clearly a betrayal of their teammates...even more than it was before. Should help for some accountability.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
You know you've got a young team when Kam Chancellor is "the veteran". And I mean that with absolutely no disrespect to Kam, just pointing out that he is still a pretty young whippersnapper himself.