Seahawks veterans call meeting over PEDs

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
the real thing to think about is...how many other teams call a team meeting for something like this, let alone a young team? You usually hear about it from a QB of a winning organization (or maybe the occasional team on a losing streak). I applaud them taking the Bull by the hands... Now if they put their money where their mouth is and don't get busted for PEDs this year, then we are on to something good. We are all "shaped" by our mistakes, hopefully they learn the lesson here and we can just focus on watching actual football.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
bobincovington":28hgov0r said:
the real thing to think about is...how many other teams call a team meeting for something like this, let alone a young team? You usually hear about it from a QB of a winning organization (or maybe the occasional team on a losing streak). I applaud them taking the Bull by the hands... Now if they put their money where their mouth is and don't get busted for PEDs this year, then we are on to something good. We are all "shaped" by our mistakes, hopefully they learn the lesson here.

Since when do bulls have hands?

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
LOL just using Mike Salks line from when he was on with Brock Huard... I think it was actually Mike's wife's line

NYCoug

Reaction score
Scottemojo":37xa6cuu said:
bobincovington":37xa6cuu said:
the real thing to think about is...how many other teams call a team meeting for something like this, let alone a young team? You usually hear about it from a QB of a winning organization (or maybe the occasional team on a losing streak). I applaud them taking the Bull by the hands... Now if they put their money where their mouth is and don't get busted for PEDs this year, then we are on to something good. We are all "shaped" by our mistakes, hopefully they learn the lesson here.

Since when do bulls have hands?

Oh, you didn't know, Scott?

1321678986ycL1rV.jpg

Seriously though, I like this. No, I love this. I love how this team responds to adversity, both on and off the field, and it's that ability to deal with adversity that is one of my absolute favorite elements about the culture change Pete and John brought with them to Seattle when they started this thing. Hopefully this only serves to make the team stronger, down the road. No pun intended.

Jville

Reaction score
Better late than never I suppose.

The team could have been ...... should have been ... much more vocal last year ... early on ..... beginning with Winston Guy. I'm not confusing the recent Portis release as a suffcient warning or deterent. Why should fans have any confidence that we have seen the last of this?

I think there is the possibility of Bengal sized epidemic as a possible outcome.

I am, however, hoping for a better outcome.

hawker84

Reaction score
Holy crap there's a lot of trolls leaving comments under that article.. This just in .. There are some really stupid people in this world..

JesterHawk

Reaction score
This is impossible. I remember reading on this very forum that the reason we have so many PED problems is because we don't have any vets to step up and handle the locker room.

Just like we heard when Lofa left, and when Matt left. Somebody always steps up, unless you're the Oakland Raiders.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
They should have (and probably did) have the meeting after Browner and Sherman got caught. Lets face it Sherman got off from a technicality.

I think that's why I'm just disappointed with Irvin and any other player who gets caught from this point on. It's like you have a whole bunch of buddies who just got caught speeding through a specific stretch of road, yet you decide to try your luck anyway.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I speculate that Kam is stepping up into more of a leadership role now that he's extended and knows he's going to be around for quite a while. I'm also guessing the locker room tenor is that if a guy does get rewarded with a lucrative extension, that engenders some respect, as the organization is putting it's trust in you to perform and be tenured with the team for a good bit.

I kind of hope this puts another chip on the team's collective shoulder. They play so much better when it's an "us against the world" mentality; I was wondering if there would be slightly less motivation when more pundits and media are picking us to win the division over San Fran (thus giving them a sizeable chip and motivation as well).

As per the Harvin deal, if Percy did stand Kam up, I'm willing to bet Kam is going to have a little something for Percy over the middle in TC. The LoB may talk some smack, but they settle sh*t on the field.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
gspin2k1":17wajrz0 said:
They should have (and probably did) have the meeting after Browner and Sherman got caught. Lets face it Sherman got off from a technicality.

I think that's why I'm just disappointed with Irvin and any other player who gets caught from this point on. It's like you have a whole bunch of buddies who just got caught speeding through a specific stretch of road, yet you decide to try your luck anyway.

Sherman got off on a technicality? I must have missed the big reveal on that. I know it makes for better TV your way, but it's just possible he really was innocent.

This whole PED scandal is being blown way out of proportion. PED use is widespread in professional sports, like it or not, the only thing our guys need to do is not get caught, or just spend 10-14 hours a day in the film room / practice field.

chris98251

Reaction score
The majority of our issues to date have been on the defensive side of the ball so I can see why Kam stepped up, looking around him and Earl are two that have not had any issues and are other then Mebane and Bryant the elder guys on that side of the ball.

Hope it has an impact on the rest of the team also, these things can derail a good run and create a big distraction if they continue to surface.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
gspin2k1":r4htngqd said:

When the tester screwing up the test and lying about it is a technicality, let me know so I can change my definition of technicality accordingly.

Jville

Reaction score
Wealth is driven by a diversity of opinion.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
This is a problem when you have younger players on team. Younger players tend to be immature. However, there are also types like Wilson who is mature, professional, and handles himself well I hope that rubs off on the other players moving forward.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bobincovington":1ux0iryj said:
Hats off to the Hawks (and Kam) for stepping up and addressing it in the locker room (amongst themselves as a team). I would love to see a one time, 100% of all the players surprise drug test by the league...and I'm willing to wager the hawks would not have as many players busted as people think.
Any of these trash-talkers who thinks these guys out in Seattle are not an exceptionally talented team or just jumping on the "Pete the Cheat" bandwagon, listen to way too many sensationalized stories and are just plain ignorant. Richard Sherman might have a big mouth, but I haven't seen him say anything that wasn't true (and he definitely backs up what he says). Who knows who will win, but some of the teams who have been great in the past are pretty worried about the Hawks and the NFC West this year. My money is on the Hawks, I like these players a lot and how I see them handle things as a team (as well as "handle" other teams).

Why is it public knowledge that the players called a meeting? If it was handled properly noone would know about it.

While in the end it may do some good, this is just a PR stunt at damage control

gspin2k1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3a76hf39 said:
gspin2k1":3a76hf39 said:

When the tester screwing up the test and lying about it is a technicality, let me know so I can change my definition of technicality accordingly.

As much as we love Sherman because he's a Seahawk. Lets try to pretend this was the case for someone else, hell even pretend it was Kaepernick that this happened too, and lets see if you suddenly don't feel like things were a little different.

Technicality: the use of technical methods or terms.

They were technically supposed to write on the report that the original piss cup was leaking and the sample was transferred. They did not do that.

1) It is possible the tester transferred the leaking sample to a cup that was previously used from another person
- Lets think honestly think about, really? you think a tester would really grab someone else's used cup to transfer into? or maybe we wanna go all conspiracy theory here and say maybe the tester was trying to get Sherman suspended because he/she was paid off. but really?

2) The fact that both Sherman and Browner were both tested positive and Browner didn't appeal kind of shows at least one was for sure guilty of taking Adderrall. Now the only person who really knows if Sherman took Adderrall or not is Sherman. I can again go all conspiracy theory here and say Sherman probably poked a hole in his cup, but maybe he just got lucky, his cup did have a leak, the tester transferred it, forgot to write the transfer in the report. Sherman got a good lawyer, caught the mistake, and had the whole case thrown out on a TECHNICALITY.

Just because Sherman didn't get suspended doesn't mean he's innocent. You know OJ didn't go to jail for murder due to technicalities with how the evidence was handed as well. Having a good lawyer doesn't mean you didn't commit your crime/infraction.

Sorry, I think Sherman took Adderrall, based on what little information is out there. And based on what little information is out there, I don't think you can prove 100% prove his guilt or innocence. Forgive me if I'm one of the few Seahawk fans out there that may actually not view this instance with Hawk vision.

gspin2k1

Reaction score
JesterHawk":1l6hcu27 said:
gspin2k1":1l6hcu27 said:
This whole PED scandal is being blown way out of proportion. PED use is widespread in professional sports, like it or not, the only thing our guys need to do is not get caught, or just spend 10-14 hours a day in the film room / practice field.

There are no doubts that PEDs are widespread in professional sports. I'm not going to fault Sherman and Browner for trying...or at least Browner since there isn't 100% proof that Sherman is innocent OR Guilty. BUT how could you not be disappointed with Irvin. He was around to see his two teammates get suspended (or almost suspended). So he should have known better. Again this is that same argument, everyone speeds. Lets say two of your buddies goes down a stretch of road yesterday, one of them got a ticket, the other one got off. Now if you speed down that same road and get busted and get a ticket. Do you really think it's normal for people to have any sympathy for you. They would tell you "did you not just learn from your two friends' mistakes? how stupid are you?". The second Sherman and Browner got into trouble, the team should have (and most likely did) make it a point to tell the team "alright guys, we know we're competitive, we do things to be competitive, we also perhaps have fun outside of the locker room with things that could be banned by the NFL. Cut the sh*t. Because now they're watching us closer. End of story".

The Radish

Reaction score
gspin

Well you've made that point about 20 times now. We get it!

I personally don't think you know shit about it and neither do any of the rest of us. A mistake was made and he got off. Why do you and some others have to keep harping about how he got off?

Are you Steve Harper maybe?

Its over and done with. He got off. End of story. None of us know any more. If you have any "real" information and I don't mean the same talking head stuff you're saying then bring if forward.

If not,,,then please find it in your heart to stop and see if you can find some upscale news. You can't change what happened so why keep harping on it.

Let me use an example perhaps everyone will understand.

Driver A is not paying attention very well while driving but at the last second wakes up and avoids a massive collision that would surely have done damage or even killed him and several other drivers.

If this was your example then you are sure he was texting/talking on his phone and he should have suffered the collision killing a couple of people rather than everyone being ok. All this because "you personally" think he's guilty but your opinion is not supported by any facts.

That finding is not any different than your blatant statement that you say he was using and was just lucky.

:141847_bnono:

Latest posts