Seahawks painting end zones Action Green for Thursday night?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":8ifpdbjf said:
Siouxhawk":8ifpdbjf said:
Anyone else getting sick of this color rush bologna like I am? The Hawks pull it off because they've used that nuclear reactor waste green before in games and in practice, but some of these other teams' jerseys just look gimmicky. Hell, they didn't let Zimmer coach the Vikings last week because they figured his eye hadn't healed enough to be subjected to that mad dog purple.

:snack:

Yep, more BS marketing nonsense se from the NFL when what we really want to watch is football. The games look like college games from bottom tier schools with some of the Colorado rush uniforms :pukeface:

Sell more jerseys, sell more boner pills, or trucks, beer, or whatever by colour blinding the fans to a game where the referees are now getting more play time than the actual football. The league should focus upon improving the officiating, or at least making the crews more consistent so there is equity game to game. BS is after simply BS.

The league has got to know that the public is starting to turn games off because there is so much rubbish being foisted on them in the guise of a pretence of 'getting it right', or to make a quick buck, the football is getting harder to watch.

We as fans of the Seahawks, a team publicly boned in XL or by Vinnie's helmet know BS or bad bologna when we see it. However, if they think you can make a buck by doing something other instead of showing us football it will happen unless we as fans reject this rubbish.
Good post Jammer. What's next, 3D glasses to watch the game?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":37iwbf6p said:
:lol: ...people even hate colors these days.
Likely because they happened to see your wardrobe in the 80s, Largent :)

seahawksny

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":364fnmzl said:
Anyone else getting sick of this color rush bologna like I am? The Hawks pull it off because they've used that nuclear reactor waste green before in games and in practice, but some of these other teams' jerseys just look gimmicky. Hell, they didn't let Zimmer coach the Vikings last week because they figured his eye hadn't healed enough to be subjected to that mad dog purple.

Yes- In fact I will not be watching the game because of it.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Crizilla":2mzmgj6v said:
i'd much rather have "throwback" thursdays where the teams where their inaugural jerseys and colors

That's a great idea. I was thinking during the philly game a few weeks back that their old Kelly green and silver unis were much better then todays.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Also action green <> grass green. No grass I know of is fluorescent.

What would be really awesome is if they mixed in some black light to make our colours really pop.

What will really piss people off is that the Rams will be wearing navy blue - in our house.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":3brxykan said:
Siouxhawk":3brxykan said:

Hilarious. When did Hawk fans become this pretentious?

Seanhawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":2j3kjs9b said:
Siouxhawk":2j3kjs9b said:

Good God.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":mmi1s1w6 said:
seahawksny":mmi1s1w6 said:
Siouxhawk":mmi1s1w6 said:

Hilarious. When did Hawk fans become this pretentious?

Not pretentious.
The color rush is not bigger than the game itself.
I was apalled that even a team like Green Bay gave in this year, even though there's werent so bad.

I have great respect for Penn state, and the Yankees for not giving into this stupidity of having 5 different unforms.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
Not a fan of color rush.

First time I saw any game with them was Jets-Chiefs. I wonder what it looked like to someone who is color blind.

Looked like navigation buoys fighting to me. Stupid.

Throwback would be a much better option, and the helmet item is solved by a wrap on the players primary helmet - whatever that is. Easy.

Just like all the printed wrap advertisements you see on cars. Who cares if it comes off - you only need it for one game at a time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It does look stupid. Typical NFL trying to change stuff and make some $. We don't need this toxic avenger crap. :pukeface:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
My eyes already hurt...........But for the dude who said he's either not going or not watching??? Good.

253hawk

Reaction score
I think it's great. Turn down the color saturation on your TV if it's that big of a deal. It's only for one game per year on Thursday anyway.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'll be at the stadium, I can't avoid it. But hey, at least all the aliens will be able to watch the game from space w/that bright green :2thumbs: