Seahawks interested in Richie Incognito?

huskylawyer

Reaction score
He's been a train wreck since high school.

And Tannehil has permanent tread marks on his back in part because if his bad play.

No thanks.

nepahawk

Reaction score
Since 2010, Incognito has only committed 2 personal fouls. The foolish penalties are a thing of the past for him.
He is not the same player he was with the Rams.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
White Devil":1m7gc2mq said:
MadSweeney":1m7gc2mq said:
White Devil":1m7gc2mq said:
In a heartbeat.

This is football people, not a beauty pageant or ice-skating.

To say he can't play just isn't true. Every line needs an enforcer and the Seahawks lost theirs when the big Russian went to the Jets. Bring him in. With the shape the O-Line is in right now, we need him. Badly.
The guy's a walking personal foul. Can't possibly be worth the risk based on nothing more than his production on the field.

What's the difference between what he does and that of the Russian last season?

That's who they are. That's how they play.
Breno cleaned up quite a bit the last two seasons and even at his worst, he was nowhere near what Incognito is. Last season didn't exactly raise Richie's stock very much. So basically, massive differences to go along with different directions in their play.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/499721086137692161[/tweet]
MadSweeney":35lshym6 said:
One of the worst offseason moves for me was when he left StL.
Just a technicality, but he didn't leave STL in the offseason. The Rams cut him with 3 games remaining in the season because they finally had enough.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I don't know if he would be good for the Hawks but no doubt the Hawks would be good for him. Seattle would probably be the best possible place for the guy.

OP
OP
seahawk12thman

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1cz16izn said:
I don't know if he would be good for the Hawks but no doubt the Hawks would be good for him. Seattle would probably be the best possible place for the guy.
Agreed

TXHawk

Reaction score
All the locker room crap aside, Incognito just wasn't very good last year. I wouldn't have any problem with signing him because he knows he's on his last shot and would probably be on his best behavior, but I just don't think he could help us.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3b5k623j said:

Maybe. Not sure how he'd be received by our players, the Hawks have a very tight close knit group of proud players.

IMO Incognito was average in his prime, as a 31 year old player who hasn't played in a long time bringing a ton of baggage? No thanks.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
the-office-o.gif

MadSweeney

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":80jo20ah said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/499721086137692161[/tweet]
MadSweeney":80jo20ah said:
One of the worst offseason moves for me was when he left StL.
Just a technicality, but he didn't leave STL in the offseason. The Rams cut him with 3 games remaining in the season because they finally had enough.
Thx, didn't remember the details.

Escamillo

Reaction score
I wouldn't be opposed to signing Incognito, assuming he was good enough to help the team, because he would not be a leader of the team. He wouldn't be able to do his antics, he'd have to know his place at the bottom of the pecking order in the locker room and in practice. On the Dolphins he was one of the team leaders, so he could get away with his antics. He couldn't get away with that here, as there are already established leaders on the team. He knows that, so I figure he would behave himself.

As for whether he's actually good enough to help the team, that's a different question, one I know not the answer to.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Didn't he also play for the Colts before the Rams?

I can't believe he's still NFL eligible after his Hate Crime conviction.

The weakest link during this buildup of a championship team has always been the offensive line. You gotta admit it's never risen to elite status.

Who oversees the offensive line? Is Pete afraid of getting punched in the nose?

Subzero717

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":befcg5ru said:
I can't believe he's still NFL eligible after his Hate Crime conviction.

Ray Rice knocked a woman out and got two games. Dante Stallworth and Leonard Little both killed people and returned to play.

I dont know what HC conviction you're refering to. I quit keeping track of that ordeal or was it something else?

RiverDog

Reaction score
If our coaching staff is comfortable with Incognito, then I have no problems whatsoever with bringing him in. The guy is, or rather was, a jerk, but after reading some of the reaction, you'd think the guy was guilty of raping someone's sister. They've brought in characters that were known locker room cancers before, such as T.O., so why not bring in Incognito? Honestly, I don't see the harm.

Our OL needs depth, and we are lacking experience. Bring him in and let him compete and push the others.

Omahawk

Reaction score
I would have loved this. The guy is a complete a-hole and a total moron. But he's a former Husker and a heck of a good lineman. I hope it still could be a possibility.

Latest posts