Seahawks interested in Richie Incognito?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Bring him in.

Why not? Our OL needs more depth and competition.

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't comment often on this type of story. 90+% of the stuff that goes on off the field is really of no concern to me whatsoever. Even in youth I never had any notion that athletes were choir boys. Nor are they as bad as a lot of the so-called "thugs" are made out to be. Just about all of them are somewhere in between, and the locker room has a way of policing itself, to allow all sorts of personalities to co-exist. But this guy is a bad person. And he's a lunatic. I don't think there is any truth to this story, but if there is, he is one of maybe two or three in the world we could sign that would make me think less of the front office.

kearly

Reaction score
I could see it. Seattle kicked the tires on T.O. and Lendale White. When T.O. showed poor effort (and worse hands), he was quickly let go. White didn't even make it to the preseason before he was cut for attitude problems. If they signed Incognito he would be on the thinnest of thin ice.

The rumor does make some sense. Carpenter and Sweezy are getting good reviews, but Seattle's backup guards looked replacement level at best vs. Denver. Carpenter has an injury history and the Hawks are very thin at guard, especially after losing Bowie.

Everyone that reads the other forums knows that I think Incognito is a crappy person who has reaped what he sowed. But I am totally not worried about him coming in here and being a locker room detriment, because if he is, he'll be gone the next day.

Largent80

Reaction score
This guy is out of work for multiple reasons. If we are looking to add a body then I can see it, however....his PLAY lacks, and beyond his ridiculous actions is not worth even considering. He stinks as a player and as a person.

PASS.

White Devil

Reaction score
In a heartbeat.

This is football people, not a beauty pageant or ice-skating.

To say he can't play just isn't true. Every line needs an enforcer and the Seahawks lost theirs when the big Russian went to the Jets. Bring him in. With the shape the O-Line is in right now, we need him. Badly.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tical21":3bnlhhzk said:
I don't comment often on this type of story. 90+% of the stuff that goes on off the field is really of no concern to me whatsoever. Even in youth I never had any notion that athletes were choir boys. Nor are they as bad as a lot of the so-called "thugs" are made out to be. Just about all of them are somewhere in between, and the locker room has a way of policing itself, to allow all sorts of personalities to co-exist. But this guy is a bad person. And he's a lunatic. I don't think there is any truth to this story, but if there is, he is one of maybe two or three in the world we could sign that would make me think less of the front office.
Agree on all accounts. Dude is a giant POS as a human and a dirty, penalty prone football player. NO THANK YOU!

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I really don't care that he verbally abused a grown man. I mean there are guys who have been accused of rape, beating their wives, dog fighting, DUI, firing guns into the air to get people to leave their house...these guys are still on NFL rosters, but the guy who bullied a grown man isn't?

My concern is that I don't remember him being all that good between personal fouls in St. Louis. I don't mind a few penalties a year, as long as you're a good player outside of that.

hoxrox

Reaction score
:pukeface:

With that being expressed, I really hope our o-line is up to snuff this year - especially with some of the d-lines we'll be facing.

MadSweeney

Reaction score
White Devil":clzdx85x said:
In a heartbeat.

To say he can't play just isn't true. Every line needs an enforcer and the Seahawks lost theirs when the big Russian went to the Jets. Bring him in. With the shape the O-Line is in right now, we need him. Badly.
The guy's a walking personal foul. Can't possibly be worth the risk based on nothing more than his production on the field.

White Devil

Reaction score
MadSweeney":1z1ny0m3 said:
White Devil":1z1ny0m3 said:
In a heartbeat.

The guy's a walking personal foul. Can't possibly be worth the risk based on nothing more than his production on the field.

What's the difference between what he does and that of the Russian last season?

That's who they are. That's how they play.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
The bullying was bad, but what's also hurting his job status was those racist remarks while acting crazy. Wasn't ill intended remarks, but don't know how his potential teamates are goona take to that. Riley Cooper still has a job, so who knows.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
Doesn't make any sense. We need depth at tackle. Incognito is a guard, and we are set there with Carp and Sweezey, unless there is a problem with Carp of which we are unaware. Also he is much more of a power guard rather than a ZBS guard schematically. Just doesn't seem like a fit on any level. I wonder how some of the veterans would feel about him being brought in if it happens. He can't possible be any better than the heaps of spares we already have competing for roster spots like Schilling, Hauptmann, Van Roten, etc. I just don't see any upside here.

Latest posts