Seahawks have a chance to get an equalizer for the fans

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
How often do niner fans like to troll us and bring up "how many superbowls do the Seahawks have?"
"You can talk trash when the Seahawks have 5 rings like us"
All that blah blah blah.
As if our team having a chance at getting one of those rings by winning this game wasn't sweet enough....BUT they can help us shut the annoying niners fans up when they bring this up.
By doing work and winning on Sunday we now would have a nice comeback of "have the niners ever beat the Seahawks for a NFC championship? "
I know it's not 5 superbowls.
But it is THIS team directly beating them for a championship and keeping them from playing for one and get us our first ring.
I know it's something everyone on here had thought about before...but thinking about it made me so pumped I JUST had to type it..
GO HAWKS!!!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
True. It's true that the 49ers have 5 rings but none since the turn of this century and more important, none since the Seahawks have joined the NFC West.

Pak40.

Reaction score
I do not think it has to do with the 5 rings themselves. To me it has more to do with knowing the feeling that goes along with the season you get the ring. The highs, the lows, the feeling that this is "your year", and the elation of winning it all. For whatever reason some fans of teams that have gone through that many times seem to want to look down on fans of teams who are just going through that the first time. Mostly it has to do with a current rivalry. 49er fans seem to want to act high and mighty because they know and have known many times what seahawks fans are feeling this year, and at the same time seahawks fans egg on the 49er fans to act like that by trying to dismiss the rings 49er fans cherish so much altogether. It is a cycle. Will it end if the seahawks win it all? Probably not. The fans like to diss on each other, it is part of the rivalry.

chris98251

Reaction score
The great equalizer is hearing Rings Rings Rings Rings Rings and Ahhhhhhhh hoooooooo and then a 42 - 13 or something to that effect.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
San Fran won its Super Bowls when its NFC West opponents were LA Rams, New Orleans Saints, and Atlanta Falcons, and all three teams were mediocre. In 1995, when they won their fifth, the division added the Carolina Panthers, who were an expansion team. Boasting about dominating the NFC West back them is like me boasting about beating up UFC Champ Cain Velasquez back then, which I did not do, but probably could have since he was seven years old in 1989 and I was in my 20s.

Ah, who am I kidding? Even at seven, the kid would've owned me.

OP
OP
S

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":3lchyqbc said:
In no way is that an equalizer
Niner fan "we still have 5 superbowl rings"
"20 years ago. Have you ever beat the Seahawks for the NFC championship...because our current team has"
If they win they
It would give us something over them that they don't have on us.

muxpux

Reaction score
49ers took 31 years of existence to REACH the super bowl, Saehawks took 29 years. if we had their dynastys SB wins, wed be looking ahead to one more ring in 4 years.

Skyboy71

Reaction score
OMG!!! 26 playoff appearances and we only went 2 times in the first 20 years! That means from 81 till 02 we went almost every year! Then a 8 year drought until we got Harbough!!! Now three NFC championships in a row and one trip to the Super Bowl! You would be proud too! Only a child would argue!

I'm looking forward to watching 49er football while 28 other teams get to watch from home!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Not sure but a 49er fan I would think know how to spell Harbaugh, Roland would be proud of me :)

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
So what you're saying is that your team was utter trash when it was the same age as the Seahawks are now. Seems like we're right on track.

muxpux

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":am26b2n9 said:
So what you're saying is that your team was utter trash when it was the same age as the Seahawks are now. Seems like we're right on track.

that is my ONLY point. the 9ers of the 80's had a great run and team. no doubt, i dont think ANYONE could try to argue that. im just saying that were pretty much even as far as age goes. for us to have 5 rings, wed have to have won a SB every 7.6 years. get real. add another 30 years, im sure we will be on par. with where they are now.

also, im excluding their 4 years in the AAFC

Zorn76

Reaction score
I live in 49er (and Raider for that matter) country, so I'm used to this stuff.
It is what it is.
All I care about is winning this Sunday, then get ready for the Super Bowl.
The Seahawks are good team, and so is SF.
In the end, though, the home trend continues and Seattle takes it, 31-20.

OP
OP
S

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Ill be honest, if someone told me " well you can have the seahawks win vs the Niners on sunday. And go on to win the superbowl...BUT the niners will win the 2 after"
I would take it in a heart beat.
I dont care about numbers. I just want a superbowl win. WIN THIS GAME...GET TO THE SUPERBOWL AND WIN IT.
The niners could have 47 superbowl wins for all i care, i want number 48 to be the Seahawks.
This season has been great. Great times watching the games. even the 3 we lost was just like an " eh, we'll be fine" there was not a single painful loss. Painful in the sense that through every single game, it felt like this team was special and going to do it.
I know football is just a sport and in the big picture, just entertainment.
But we've invested years into this, and MAN would if feel good to see this team go through the niners, to become NFC champions on the way to winning the superbowl. The wait will be more than worth it.
I want a season for when even things look down for Seahawks football i can look back at this season and feel happy to have seen it.
This is that season. We need this.

Seeker

Reaction score
Arguing with any niners fan under 20 about rings and explaining to him that he wasn't there. priceless.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
For me, it's not ALL about having the ring... but rather it's all about the feeling that I get when my team is winning games... whether in preseason, regular season or the playoffs.

If the Hawks keep winning, I'm happy.

If they go to and win the Superbowl this year, I'll be ecstatic cuz it'll be the frosting on top of the cake.

jordan723

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":1cqlvx7j said:
How often do niner fans like to troll us and bring up "how many superbowls do the Seahawks have?"
"You can talk trash when the Seahawks have 5 rings like us"
All that blah blah blah.
As if our team having a chance at getting one of those rings by winning this game wasn't sweet enough....BUT they can help us shut the annoying niners fans up when they bring this up.
By doing work and winning on Sunday we now would have a nice comeback of "have the niners ever beat the Seahawks for a NFC championship? "
I know it's not 5 superbowls.
But it is THIS team directly beating them for a championship and keeping them from playing for one and get us our first ring.
I know it's something everyone on here had thought about before...but thinking about it made me so pumped I JUST had to type it..
GO HAWKS!!!

Niner fan here. I NEVER bring up the 5 superbowls as a fan. To me it is irrelevant to NOW. I look at recent history and as of the past couple of years (just 3) has been making noise. Going to 3 straight NFC championship games (losing one in OT and losing a close superbowl) is pretty good for a team that just made the turnaround. To be really honest the Niners and Seahawks are both damn good. WHoever wins on Sunday will win the Superbowl...no doubt in my mind. I think whoever wins Sunday and the SUperbowl will have the edge in talking smack to the other fanbase.

I JUST CAN'T wait....feels like a WAR!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Niner fans who hate the Seahawks will find something else to go to, just like the Seahawks fans who hate the Niners.

i.e. if we win this game 42-3, and then win the superbowl. The next thing will be... 5>1. You got lucky, didn't get called on these game changing things. Oh if the Saints call didn't happen we would have had HFA and would have won because the Hawks can't win at the Stick.

I give up.

Latest posts