Seahawks coaches will not attend the combine

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
This doesn’t bother me.

Schneider still has his scouts and other personnel to assist Schneider with the Combine.

The coaches will be aware of who Seattle will evaluate and interview with Schneider and the scouts at the Combine.

As long as the Schneider’s scouting unit does a their full due diligence, Seattle, doesn’t have to be worried.

The combine will get the measurement and technical raw data but you gotta believe the college scouts has seen a lot of film and seen players in person and they know who Schneider likes and what the coaching staff is seeking.

You still have individual pro days and gotta think instead of seeing and attempting to talk with 20 plus players at the combine, Schneider has narrowed down his players list in which he ultimately likes, down to possibly 12 or so.

What’s the point of having all coaches there when Schneider and Macdonald know, they may only like 10-12 guys and the scouts can handle this process.

This maybe somewhat a new thing Seattle is doing just cause the entire coaching staff is new but the Combine process is anything but new to Schneider and we should trust Schneider knows exactly what he is doing….

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
For sure but I think as fans we think coaches are great talent evaluators. And that’s not necessarily true.

Look no further than Belichick in New England.
It’s too hard to do everything as a head coach. If you also gotta be GM and evaluate players well, how much time do you have to get everything done?

I remember Mike Holmgren having a very hard time juggling duties as head coach and being able to effectively evaluate college talent.

Just cause you’re head coach, yes, I agree, it’s not automatic that you are also a great talent evaluator…

Hell, I’d even go as far as saying Pete Carroll may not be a great talent evaluator either….look at all the whiff draft picks he made….

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I would think the last season off college football will tell you so much more than the underwear olympics ever would , but that's just me
If only 5 of those players were to make the roster is it that big a deal , I don't think so and udfa's won't even be there will they ?
So I believe if they say they have more important things to do than that's what they should be doing
Go Hawks

Fade

Reaction score
Makes sense to me. They got a lot of installation to do, they are playing catch up.

Besides, John has already pointed out, even though he is no doubt the trigger man, he is not going to pick players the coaches don't like.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Couldn't care less. This isn't something out of the ordinary. There will be scouts there, they will do their work before the draft. Yet another Meh burger.

OP
OP
B

bigcc

Reaction score
Probably murdering the pets and loved ones of Seahawks fans who post on the internet, if guessing based on some of the posts and Tweets about him
I would be stunned if Pete reads that stuff

He really doesn't strike me as a social media guy.... I don't really have anything in particular to base that on, just have a hard time picturing him sitting there scrolling through whatever trash is trending

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
On the way in to work this morning, Schefter was on ESPN talking about this. He said that SEVERAL head coaches are not attending. And that this will continue to be the norm. It's a nothing burger.
Just saying that not EVERYTHING has to be some traumatic event and drama town.......

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just heard on 710 that McVay, Shanahan and several other coaches also won't be at the combine. Just more proof that this is a non-story.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
JS putting his stamp on things. “I’m in charge of personnel and hiring coaches.”

Latest posts