Schneider says 'Trust the process'

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Pretty simple really.

We thought the Seahawks would be a contender because they had the best FO in the league besides the Patriots. So it was reasonable to expect the team would be one of the best in the NFL.

The past 3-4 years have shown it to be an average FO. Other teams have FOs trying to win too. They have their own plans and processes and there is literally nothing to project ours will be materially better than theirs.

We won because we had better players than the other team. Now we don't and so we probably won't win as much. Since our process will be to try to get better players but so will every other team, there is no reason to expect this team will be anywhere near great for some time.

Jville

Reaction score
It is inevitable that there be multiple views of the Carroll/Schneider era.

In my eyes, the reason we won was because the players and coaches were "all in"... on a unified program. The historic chemistry and brotherhood demonstrated over a four year period was extraordinary. Evidence of that chemistry coming apart showed it's ugly head in early 2016. Individual self interest became more important. Support for program and the importance of what unified them was neglected by much of the leadership. The chemistry and "football program" fractured and disintegrated before our eyes. There can be little question that there were multiple disappointments with regards to leadership focus.

So far, the essence of what has happen in 2018 has been that of a "great culling" for the purpose of resetting the program with what once provided the foundation for great success. As fans with no direct control over decisions, we can only hope or trust the process is back on track for 2018.

As Ivar Haglund would say ...... Keep Clam!
DY6XCMhX0AcCmFZ
......................................... Trust the Process

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":z9fndpet said:
Pretty simple really.

We thought the Seahawks would be a contender because they had the best FO in the league besides the Patriots. So it was reasonable to expect the team would be one of the best in the NFL.

The past 3-4 years have shown it to be an average FO. Other teams have FOs trying to win too. They have their own plans and processes and there is literally nothing to project ours will be materially better than theirs.

We won because we had better players than the other team. Now we don't and so we probably won't win as much. Since our process will be to try to get better players but so will every other team, there is no reason to expect this team will be anywhere near great for some time.

If it were as simple as having better players, we wouldn't be cutting Sherman.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":38uwmaom said:
TwistedHusky":38uwmaom said:
Pretty simple really.

If it were as simple as having better players, we wouldn't be cutting Sherman.

Not sure we should have.

Atradees

Reaction score
(Russell Wilson) cough cough cough

(Tom brady) cough cough

we would've won 11 games if it weren't for the liquored up kicker.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":17f3nato said:
Cyrus12":17f3nato said:
I will trust him when he can start drafting better and stop throwing away picks for rentals.

If only we had Timmy back! :les:

If Timmy came back the team would quickly become the Browns (western edition).

I know that had to be a sarcastic comment, b/c you’d need to shoot yourself if you believed it to be true.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Good luck.

We have struggled for years to find a suitable corner opposite Sherman. That was ONE position and JS has been fairly average in his ability for that one.

We also struggled to fix the line and he has been terrible at that.

Finally we struggled to get a good RB since we lost Lynch. He has been average at that.

Considering how he has been pretty underwhelming at replacing what we lost so far and considering what we lost, you still think JS and Carroll can just turn the scouting machine on? Rebuild?

They haven't been that good at it for years.

Seymour

Reaction score
Decimation":2hk4jwb1 said:
djb28":2hk4jwb1 said:
This kinda crap didn't happen when The Walrus was in charge!

Which is why we need to be thankful for what he can and will do. Ruskell had his downfalls obviously, with the poison pill and stuff, but I believe JS can replicate the success our team really needs.

I 100% believe he "can" also. My issue is more based on the last 5 years history that tells me it is more likely that he doesn't replicate that success. Especially given our draft position and depleted picks (this year at least) that stand in the way.

I will trust more what I see, not what I'm told.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3ow03oep said:
GeekHawk":3ow03oep said:
Cyrus12":3ow03oep said:
I will trust him when he can start drafting better and stop throwing away picks for rentals.

If only we had Timmy back! :les:

If Timmy came back the team would quickly become the Browns (western edition).

I know that had to be a sarcastic comment, b/c you’d need to shoot yourself if you believed it to be true.

I was pretty much the first person to post a "Ya know, this Tim Ruskell guy doesn't seem to be very good at this" comment way back in the day. I got roasted for it at the time, as well. I don't feel the same way about JS, and firmly believe people who feel JS can't be trusted are trying to play Madden/fantasy football in real life.

That's not how it works. That's not how any of this works.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":36bhdn0y said:
Good luck.

We have struggled for years to find a suitable corner opposite Sherman. That was ONE position and JS has been fairly average in his ability for that one..

Two years we struggled, that's not exactly a damning indictment of Pete and John's ability to find talent...................on the defensive side of the ball.

And believe me, I totally agree for as good as they've been on the defensive side, they've been downright awful on the offensive side.

Some say that was a Cable thing? Too much trust was put in Cable? Idk, we'll see this draft won't we.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Seymour":dt2daois said:
Decimation":dt2daois said:
djb28":dt2daois said:
This kinda crap didn't happen when The Walrus was in charge!

Which is why we need to be thankful for what he can and will do. Ruskell had his downfalls obviously, with the poison pill and stuff, but I believe JS can replicate the success our team really needs.

I 100% believe he "can" also. My issue is more based on the last 5 years history that tells me it is more likely that he doesn't replicate that success. Especially given our draft position and depleted picks (this year at least) that stand in the way.

I will trust more what I see, not what I'm told.

Maybe having fewer picks will be better, based on how years with more generally have worked out.

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3r20jegm said:
I was following along with him and then he mentioned Kelly Jennings.....that instantly dropped his point a couple of notches.

Why? He traded Kelly Jennings. He also traded Josh Wilson. I don't see either one of those guys in the NFL.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":387ax21i said:
God forbid we judge the product on the field this fall when we can judge in the off-season.

Very true. Then again, until there is a "product" on the field again we're stuck with remembering the mess that was last season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
OneLofaTatupu":172ww3l4 said:
RolandDeschain":172ww3l4 said:
God forbid we judge the product on the field this fall when we can judge in the off-season.

Very true. Then again, until there is a "product" on the field again we're stuck with remembering the mess that was last season.

Fan criticism is reactionary, we saw the product on the field last year............it stunk.

Therefore we criticize accordingly this off season. IF the product is better once the games matter again? Then we fans will react accordingly.

It'd be a pretty boring forum if we were only allowed to have opinions from September to January.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":xg5r0wm5 said:
Good luck.

We have struggled for years to find a suitable corner opposite Sherman. That was ONE position and JS has been fairly average in his ability for that one.

We also struggled to fix the line and he has been terrible at that.

Finally we struggled to get a good RB since we lost Lynch. He has been average at that.

Considering how he has been pretty underwhelming at replacing what we lost so far and considering what we lost, you still think JS and Carroll can just turn the scouting machine on? Rebuild?

They haven't been that good at it for years.

What about Bmax, Lane, and Shaq. I would call Williams the exception not the rule. That's a couple of 4th or so and maybe a 3rd rounder. Pretty darn good.

Crizilla

Reaction score
The Tate situation was....unique. I didn't like the move on the field, but off the field it may have been justified. We might never know. Schneider's worst move IMO was the Unger for Graham trade. The line was never the same after that.

kidhawk

Reaction score
As long as this team has players like RW and BW and ET, I can't call what they are doing a rebuild. We still have a lot of proven talent, and at some point, the guys on the sideline need to take the field if they are ever going to prove their worth.

A team needs to be able to combine young talent with experienced talent to keep competitive year in and year out. We didn't make the playoffs last season, but we had a lot of injury issues that helped play a small part in that, and it's not like we went 3-13 or some other nonsense. This team may not be a juggernaut, but it is far from a total rebuild.

chris98251

Reaction score
kidhawk":2kyds6kl said:
As long as this team has players like RW and BW and ET, I can't call what they are doing a rebuild. We still have a lot of proven talent, and at some point, the guys on the sideline need to take the field if they are ever going to prove their worth.

A team needs to be able to combine young talent with experienced talent to keep competitive year in and year out. We didn't make the playoffs last season, but we had a lot of injury issues that helped play a small part in that, and it's not like we went 3-13 or some other nonsense. This team may not be a juggernaut, but it is far from a total rebuild.

You can rebuild a Transmission, a Engine and keep the chassis, it's still a rebuild.

Last time I looked we need at least 22 guys to field a defense and offense not to mention special teams, tell me when 3 guys can cover all of that, or maybe 2 when we trade Earl on draft day.

The rebuild may be on the roster granted, but until they are under fire we don't know and it is still guys that have yet to prove anything and have not stood out enough to take the position by their own merit but having to have guys released or injured.

So those Tranny's and Engines are still in the garage for all intent and purposes and we won't know till installed and fired up whether were going to meet the same numbers we had before we replaced them.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If Carroll can win without a materially better roster than the opposing team?

Then we might have a chance.

To this point he has not demonstrated he can do that. And the Rams look like they boatraced us already but for us to have a chance, he is going to have to learn to win with a roster that is not heads & shoulders above the opposing team.