Santa Clara 49ers trade 4th round pick for Stevie Johnson

SF49r

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2p7twd9v said:
Beast Mode":2p7twd9v said:
Phantom whistle? Nah...I'm pretty sure Smith bit hard on a hard count that particular play.

If the whistle blew the play is dead so I don't know what he is talking about.
Play should have been dead because there was a whistle blown, but instead they kept it going. Thats why there was no effort in the 49ers front seven on that play because they thought the play was dead. Similar to the punt blocked against seattle in week 2.

SF49r

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1la1lmd7 said:
SF49r":1la1lmd7 said:
HansGruber":1la1lmd7 said:
There is ONE reason San Francisco will never seriously contend with Seattle.

One of these QBs is a champ, the other is a chump. Good luck with all your new receivers. LOL

kearse23.gif

dssqde.gif
Quite the interesting comparison, lets see... Wilson gets a free play against an average secondary with almost no pass rush because of a phantom whistle meanwhile Kap has to pass on one of the best secondaries in NFL history dealing with thousands of screaming assholes while sherman makes a superhuman play probably 90 percent of the corners in the league doesnt make that play. Thats not a biased comparison at all.

Oh and btw take away those big runs by lynch and Wilson probably wouldnt have won against the saints
Excuses, excuses! SMH! And now you know why your fanbase is refered to as the whiners, that's all you do.

Lots of wishful thinking and "if" statements there.

If the epic choker Kraepper doesn't have 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter, SF goes to XLVIII in New York.

If your Aunt had a set of balls she'd be your uncle ....

I can play the "if" game all day long!
Right.... I reread my post and did not see a single "if" in there.. are you dyslexic by any chance? Also you call us whiners but yet after the colts, 49ers, and arizona losses this forum was filled with whine and excuses.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3gby36mp said:
Beast Mode":3gby36mp said:
Phantom whistle? Nah...I'm pretty sure Smith bit hard on a hard count that particular play.

He doesn't know what he is talking about either, Alldumb bit on the hard count.
Smith was offsides often that game, just the others were not as blatant .

bigtrain21

Reaction score
SF49r":35pbqy0r said:
bigtrain21":35pbqy0r said:
Beast Mode":35pbqy0r said:

Play should have been dead because there was a whistle blown, but instead they kept it going. Thats why there was no effort in the 49ers front seven on that play because they thought the play was dead. Similar to the punt blocked against seattle in week 2.

49ers fans always have to have some excuse. You are full of it too. If the whistle blew they would have stopped the play. Your front 7 stopped playing because they anticipated a whistle being blown. It didn't matter anyway. That was a quick play and the pass rush wouldn't have made a difference.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SF49r":c0f9wp2o said:
Sports Hernia":c0f9wp2o said:
SF49r":c0f9wp2o said:
HansGruber":c0f9wp2o said:

One of these QBs is a champ, the other is a chump. Good luck with all your new receivers. LOL

kearse23.gif

dssqde.gif
Quite the interesting comparison, lets see... Wilson gets a free play against an average secondary with almost no pass rush because of a phantom whistle meanwhile Kap has to pass on one of the best secondaries in NFL history dealing with thousands of screaming assholes while sherman makes a superhuman play probably 90 percent of the corners in the league doesnt make that play. Thats not a biased comparison at all.

Oh and btw take away those big runs by lynch and Wilson probably wouldnt have won against the saints
Excuses, excuses! SMH! And now you know why your fanbase is refered to as the whiners, that's all you do.

Lots of wishful thinking and "if" statements there.

If the epic choker Kraepper doesn't have 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter, SF goes to XLVIII in New York.

If your Aunt had a set of balls she'd be your uncle ....

I can play the "if" game all day long!
Right.... I reread my post and did not see a single "if" in there.. are you dyslexic by any chance?
No, I live in the land of reality, unlike you. Shouldn't you have dug out your raiders gear to have on "standby" as the digits take the gaspipe early this year? New stadium, same old chokers!

HansGruber

Reaction score
SF49r":2rpv9i39 said:
HansGruber":2rpv9i39 said:

kearse23.gif

dssqde.gif

I sometimes wonder if the average 49er fan can sense when they are saying really stupid things. Like when you have bad breath and you can't smell it but everyone around you is grimacing, so you figure it out.

Maybe you could answer that one for me...

HansGruber

Reaction score
SF49r":2x5i2vf9 said:
bigtrain21":2x5i2vf9 said:
Beast Mode":2x5i2vf9 said:

There was no whistle. I was at the game. You're getting confused with the jagoff 49er fan who blew a whistle in our first matchup in Seattle, leading to a bad snap and turnover by the Seahawks.

Oh wait... I just realized what you meant by "phantom" whistle. It was a "phantom" because it never happened. Gotcha...

HansGruber

Reaction score
SF49r":2eh09ve1 said:
Right.... I reread my post and did not see a single "if" in there.. are you dyslexic by any chance? Also you call us whiners but yet after the colts, 49ers, and arizona losses this forum was filled with whine and excuses.

And after the Superbowl Championship, this forum was filled with blue and green confetti.

But you wouldn't know anything about that because the last time the 49ers won a Superbowl, the internet didn't even exist.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
SF49r":2yg8wwwf said:

OOOOOOOH AAAAAAAAH?

The best part about that gif is Kaep has a wide open guy on the left. With time, and and open guy, he challenges Sherm? Moron. This thread is about more weapons for Kaepernick, but the guy can't find the open receivers he already has. He even said after that he had made up his mind before the play when he saw single coverage. In other words, I ain't making no reads after the snap on this play.

The biggest challenge for the Niners offense, the one thing that has kept them from quite likely 2 more rings, is Kaep's ability to make good decisions FROM THE POCKET. Getting him more weapons is all good and nice, but it's kind of like getting an illiterate kid more books. Until he learns to consistently scan the D from the pocket AFTER the snap, he will continue to take his team to the edge of the promised land.

On the Russ play, he hard counted Aldumb on 4th and 7. There is only one thing you can't do if you are Aldumb on that play, and it is to jump off sides. The most accurate deep passer in the league, yes that would be Mr Wilson, dropped it into the bucket. Yeah, it was a free play (please just stop with your conspiracy theory, I can't believe you are regurgitating the nonsense from that video) THAT RUSS CREATED WITH A WILY VET MOVE, tricking Aldumb into jumping. He didn't think he heard a whistle, he hoped there would be a whistle. Big difference. Since there was no contact, there was no need for a whistle. BTW, Aldumb's lack of hustle on 4th and 7 was contrasted nicely by the hustle of Malcom Smith on that Kaep pick, the guy was covering a RB leak in the flat and hustled 20 yards while the ball was in the air to get the game sealing INT.

But why stop there? In a 4th quarter filled with mistakes by both teams, Russ made none, and your guy combined displays of athleticism with head scratching stupidity. The pass that Kam picked off? Kaep knew his default read vs cover 3 was that sideline out, he used it all game long, but he failed to see a safety watching him try it one too many times. The fumble? What was that, like 6 or 7 seconds after the snap? If your guy can't find somebody after that long, throw the damn ball away! Or how about hanging Davis and Crabtree out to die on passes that led them into massive hits from Chancellor? Crabtree didn't even try to catch the one thrown to him (didn't even try seems to be a theme on your team in critical moments, doesn't it?) When Kaep is forced to actually play quarterback, it is astounding just how bad he can be. Look up his career stats vs Seattle in the red zone. It will bring a tear to your eye.

Stevie Johnson will have some nice moments in SF. But he isn't going to fix Kaepernick's QB issues.

As for your last stupid statement, IF Gore doesn't have a 51 yard run against us in SF, we go 3-0 on your team last year. PUH-leaze. IF, IF, IF. When your reasoning begins with hypotheticals, you are an idiot. In fact, here is what I got from your last sentence. you sat there for an entire game, watching the Saints and Seahawks, wishing like hell the Saints would win so you didn't have to play the big bad scary Seahawks. When Lynch tore off his run for a TD, you died a little inside. And that little dead piece of you just cried some more as you reminisced about what would have happened if the Saints had been a better team. IF.

TheGOAT#80

Reaction score
Admits that his team can't beat us. Hopes the Seahawks will "melt down". Accuses 12th Man of being fairweather (which is highly ironic considering Candlestick has been a ghost town since the early 90's).

Don't know where you got this from. 9ers have sold out every home games since 1981. Nice try though.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
TheGOAT#80":2qhs7lmg said:
Admits that his team can't beat us. Hopes the Seahawks will "melt down". Accuses 12th Man of being fairweather (which is highly ironic considering Candlestick has been a ghost town since the early 90's).

Don't know where you got this from. 9ers have sold out every home games since 1981. Nice try though.

Oh yeah, always such a supportive fanbase. Yeah right. Just because it's a sellout in the books doesn't mean you have always filled the stadium.

http://m.sfgate.com/sports/article/FADE ... 622172.php

gydedume.jpg

ZagHawk

Reaction score
bigtrain21":38igxh2a said:
TheGOAT#80":38igxh2a said:

Oh yeah, always such a supportive fanbase. Yeah right. Just because it's a sellout in the books doesn't mean you have always filled the stadium.

gydedume.jpg

Because similar photos have been taken for the Hawks. Just want to say I hate these stupid photos because there is no context behind them other than an empty stadium. Could have been taken pre-game. Could have been taken 2 minutes left into the 4th quarter while the team is down 30 points and everyone just wants to beat traffic at that point.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
SF49r":1gax1yqv said:
-The Glove-":1gax1yqv said:
SF49r":1gax1yqv said:
lvnginhwktwn":1gax1yqv said:
I can't wait to see the "12th man" meltdown next year when your precious Hawks don't live up to your expectations. Go ahead keep talking crap, you have til next season to get it out of your system.

And just to be clear, I am NOT comparing how your team will do against mine. I simply mean when your team does not do as well as this last season, it will be fun to watch the meltdown, your fair weather fans go back to talking shit about their own team like I use to hear here in Seattle 5 years ago, your new bandwagoneers jump ship and abandon the "12th man". And speaking of the '12th man" I really can't wait to see how much A&M charges the Hawks for the use of that name when they raise the price from 5000 a year to ? in 2016

But until then enjoy your crap talking and generalizations "Super Bowl Champs" :pukeface:
And when that happens all of the seahawk trolls will disappear from existence again on nfl.com articles and 49er highlight videos. Also this message board will start to lose activity. They will all migrate to the next winning team.

Lol... That's funny coming from your fanbase

Go to every NFL.com article involving the 49ers

1S7hI

That's all you will see in the comment sections.

Hate to burst your bubble bro, but every fan base has trolls. Go to ever Seahawk article anywhere, and you'll have Niner fans trolling Hawk fans on there. The thing is most articles involving either team, mention the other team so they actually show up in both team's article pages. I think it's intentionally done to have rival teams fans reading articles about each other and duking it out in the comments section.

Brahn

Reaction score
Stevie Johnson is a legit talent. He makes the Niners offense better, by making it more difficult to to key in on what single target Kaep is single reading. Yes that sounds like a negative, and it is in some forms. But in the end you still need to cover Crabtree, Boldin, Johnson, Davis, (possibly Latimore/Gore and QP). The Seahawks match up fairly well still vs that receiving core. The rest of the league save a few teams will not. In the end we still need a better record.

I feel the Niners will be better on offense as a whole, the defense depth based on actual field time vs speculation is where they take a step back along with a large drop off in DB play overall. We are in a similar position with a few rosters spots, the main difference is that we have NFL game tape on many of our back ups we hope fill in roles of most critical departed starters. Along with a once in a generation backfield.

Also from the Article (I know it was from 2005):

The 49ers' season-ticket community may be shrinking for reasons other than losing seasons and unpopular management.

"A lot of hardcore fans who have been with them for years are dying," said Laureen Burke, 52, of Petaluma.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
ZagHawk":19f9fzgw said:
bigtrain21":19f9fzgw said:
TheGOAT#80":19f9fzgw said:

gydedume.jpg

Because similar photos have been taken for the Hawks. Just want to say I hate these stupid photos because there is no context behind them other than an empty stadium. Could have been taken pre-game. Could have been taken 2 minutes left into the 4th quarter while the team is down 30 points and everyone just wants to beat traffic at that point.

That's why I posted a link to the story in which the reporter said when the picture was taken and that it was a poorly attended game. A poorly attended game that counted as a sellout. The link gave the picture context.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I do think that Johnson will help the Niners, but how much more will he add? I know this much, if the Niners had an accurate slinger at QB, they would be scary. With Papaki they are not getting the value out of those weapons that they should. They are going to go as far as Kaeperstank can take them.

I said the same thing after they signed Manningham and Moss. What is it the digits are going to change to take advantage of a guy like Johnson? Is Papaki going to really change that much in the offseason? Are the Niners going to revamp their offense?

Johnson is a great player, but how much is he going to help a defense that is already down their best player and potentially down their next best player in Smith? (save for PWilly who I should note is entering his 8th season) With a QB like Papaki, does the addition of Johnson make up for that? It is still a good trade IMHO, but with a secondary still in question that has a good chance of playing behind 50% of the Niners strongest area on defense I have to think that the Niners should be more concerned with their defense than anything. Aldon, PWilly, Brooks and Bowman make up the best LBing group I have ever seen together at one time. Brooks and PWilly are both aging quickly and have the potential of being without their very explosive brothers. Alone they are not the same guys. That group is so damn good at everything that they hide the defects in the back.

I have read posts from Niner nation assuming their youth is going to fill in without a drop off, but we are talking about Bowman and Maybe Aldon here, that is a tall order when guys like Cowboy are aging and the secondary is in transition. Great trade, but what does it do for the overall impact on the field?

This might sound crazy, but if I was Baalke, I would look into what kind of defender I could get in a trade with Choketree, who is nearing a big payday.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Uh, who is he supposedly a redundant clone of? Stevie is a great route-runner that gets open a lot. Boldin? No, he's good at making catches in traffic. Crabtree? I don't see it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2sctawl1 said:
Couldn't find the thread where people were calling me a "fool" because I said that Johnson was redundant, would have a minimal impact, and that the 49ers should have gone out and picked up a burner.

So I'll just link it here:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... eiver-role

You didn't hear that shit from me Z... I am right there with you. You already pointed out the fact K-Choke is not going to be able to utilize him, but Harbadouche has been trying to add "weapons" every season, that ultimately take catches away from the other receivers. Even when Smith was there, Hardouche went for Manningham (Ninerfans told us how that was going to add to their game) and Moss.. LMAO. So what do the Niners do? Add another "weapon" that cant be used. I have read some commentary about K-Choke going through his progressions, which to Niner fans means dumping the ball to Bruce Miller and that was in extremely limited time in the preseason.

What good is the bullet without a gun to shoot it? Or even more importantly, the mentality. I will believe the Niners can take advantage of more "weapons" when I see it. I'm not saying they won't be able to generate offense, K-Choke will zero in on his receiver in the huddle and he will do his best to get that guy the ball, but it there won't be many 3+ catch guys on that team outside of the first guy. Good thing he is only cost them a 4th rounder, but if the dude doesn't play it was a total waste,

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3i15ygpg said:
Uh, who is he supposedly a redundant clone of? Stevie is a great route-runner that gets open a lot. Boldin? No, he's good at making catches in traffic. Crabtree? I don't see it.

He is redundant because they don't use what they already have... Like you buying a box of condoms. :mrgreen: