Santa Clara 49ers trade 4th round pick for Stevie Johnson

Jville

Reaction score
There are questions in San Francisco whether Johnson has even locked up the No. 3 receiver job. .......... Reporter Matt Maiocco cited a lack of chemistry between Johnson and Colin Kaepernick. Roman admitted that Johnson needs to "develop" that chemistry. Even Johnson knows that he's no longer a featured part of the offense.
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000381621/article/stevie-johnson-trying-to-lock-down-no-3-receiver-role[/urltargetblank]

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Jville":g7upbif6 said:
There are questions in San Francisco whether Johnson has even locked up the No. 3 receiver job. .......... Reporter Matt Maiocco cited a lack of chemistry between Johnson and Colin Kaepernick. Roman admitted that Johnson needs to "develop" that chemistry. Even Johnson knows that he's no longer a featured part of the offense.
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000381621/article/stevie-johnson-trying-to-lock-down-no-3-receiver-role[/urltargetblank]
Jesus now we know why Hurlbaugh wants out, what a trainwreck.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":10eyuktb said:
Jville":10eyuktb said:
Not sure that guy is a member of the denialzone niner trolls trusted media club, so tread carefully Mizzou. 8)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":evht6ljh said:
He is redundant because they don't use what they already have... Like you buying a box of condoms. :mrgreen:
Just don't run a DNA test between you and your kids. :mrgreen:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":18ua73et said:
loafoftatupu":18ua73et said:
He is redundant because they don't use what they already have... Like you buying a box of condoms. :mrgreen:
ouch! :snack:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1nxgpygf said:
loafoftatupu":1nxgpygf said:

I did have it coming, but I am sure it would prove that they are your siblings. [emoji47]

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Off topic.. I can't stand fricking STL man.. been here all week, jacked up humidity and damn Ferguson is just a few miles away...

listening to the radio here on the commute about the Rams gives a lot of perspective to how the Hawks are viewed. The quote today was "They won't beat Seattle if they aren't practicing harder and playing like they did in the last preseason game"(Demarco Farr)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3kw1s5fp said:
I think you'd have been better off remaining silent than responding with that kind of a weak reply, Loaf.
It was as weak as the trigger that generated it.

Now this Stevie Johnson thing... Was he not the feature receiver in Buffalo? How does a guy like that NOT have the rapport with KaeperSpaz?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3vzco59h said:
MizzouHawkGal":3vzco59h said:
Jville":3vzco59h said:
Not sure that guy is a member of the denialzone niner trolls trusted media club, so tread carefully Mizzou. 8)

Pretty sure Matt was on the "I am lap dog" journalist that Niner fans have approved; apparently he can only take so much. Whenever this ship sinks, it is going to Titanic like. I like many others, said that Johnson was overrated and he is not letting us down. When the journalists ask Colin why it just isn't happening between the two of them, he can say it was because of his foot injury week 2.

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1xkt9o5g said:
Sports Hernia":1xkt9o5g said:
MizzouHawkGal":1xkt9o5g said:

Pretty sure Matt was on the "I am lap dog" journalist that Niner fans have approved; apparently he can only take so much. Whenever this ship sinks, it is going to Titanic like. I like many others, said that Johnson was overrated and he is not letting us down. When the journalists ask Colin why it just isn't happening between the two of them, he can say it was because of his foot injury week 2.

Sigh...

Do I need to go over the approved reading list again? :D

Its just about anyone outside of Lowell or Grant Cohn or Tim Kawakami. Matt Maiocco is a very good Beat Writer.

BTW, in response to the article, all Roman is saying is that they put different receivers in different packages based on different talents...IE, if they are going to have a guy go deep, they may look to use Lloyd over Johnson.

I can totally understand the commentary above tho and I agree that not naming Johnson the #3 WR would totally be a reason for Harbaugh to want out. I mean seriously...who wouldn't?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^LOL

Johnson not being named #3 means one of two things:

1) Harbaugh very rarely names people starters or gives them jobs. He regularly gets this same question about NT, about the DE rotation, about outside CBs, all the time about slot CB, about Aldon's fill-in, about Bowman's fill-in, about the use of a 2nd TE versus third WR, and about backup QB. He never definitively answers any of these questions and never has. Last year he wouldn't even hint that Reid would be starting at FS (and had him second on the depth chart behind Dahl through the whole pre-season) until the season had already started, and everyone knew Reid was going to start.

2) If it's true that Stevie won't be the 3rd receiver, so what? Baalke manipulated the draft so the 9ers basically got him for nothing, and if he's not #3, it means that unlike last year he got beat out by somebody. On last year's team Stevie would have been battling Boldin for the #1 role. Heck, the 9ers have four guys on the roster who probably would have been the #2 last year behind Boldin. If he does get leapfrogged, it's a testament to how much improved the WRs are this year.

(FWIW I've always thought Stevie was a classic case of over-producing on a bad team due to a lack of other options. Given that Baalke already got the pick back and after this year Stevie can be cut without penalty I don't really care if he gets beat out or not).

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1d8xoro5 said:
^^^^LOL

Johnson not being named #3 means one of two things:

1) Harbaugh very rarely names people starters or gives them jobs. He regularly gets this same question about NT, about the DE rotation, about outside CBs, all the time about slot CB, about Aldon's fill-in, about Bowman's fill-in, about the use of a 2nd TE versus third WR, and about backup QB. He never definitively answers any of these questions and never has. Last year he wouldn't even hint that Reid would be starting at FS (and had him second on the depth chart behind Dahl through the whole pre-season) until the season had already started, and everyone knew Reid was going to start.

2) If it's true that Stevie won't be the 3rd receiver, so what? Baalke manipulated the draft so the 9ers basically got him for nothing, and if he's not #3, it means that unlike last year he got beat out by somebody On last year's team Stevie would have been battling Boldin for the #1 role. If he does get leapfrogged, it's a testament to how much improved the WRs are this year.

(FWIW I've always thought Stevie was a classic case of over-producing on a bad team due to a lack of other options. Given that Baalke already got the pick back and after this year Stevie can be cut without penalty I don't really care if he gets beat out or not).

SPIN!!!! SPIN!!!!!

Don'cha know that the failure to name Stevie as the #3 WR three weeks before the first game of the season is clearly a sign that Kaepernick sucks and Harbaugh is so frustrated that he's ready to leave?

Duh. I don't see any other way you could look at it. All other attempts are just spin.

hawker84

Reaction score
niner boys getting a little testy?

johnson a legit talent, and a reciever that has given us fits in the past. I for one do not doubt his talent or potential on that offense, i do however doubt Roman/Kap's ability to utilize him properly. I could be very wrong here and Roman has learned to acutally call a good (complete) game, and Kap has learned to progress through all his reads, but i'll reserve the right to believe that when i see it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawker84":33b2zlo3 said:
niner boys getting a little testy?

johnson a legit talent, and a reciever that has given us fits in the past. I for one do not doubt his talent or potential on that offense, i do however doubt Roman/Kap's ability to utilize him properly. I could be very wrong here and Roman has learned to acutally call a good (complete) game, and Kap has learned to progress through all his reads, but i'll reserve the right to believe that when i see it.

Not testy at all. :D Just having fun with it.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":10fwc04j said:
SPIN!!!! SPIN!!!!!

Don'cha know that the failure to name Stevie as the #3 WR three weeks before the first game of the season is clearly a sign that Kaepernick sucks and Harbaugh is so frustrated that he's ready to leave?

Duh. I don't see any other way you could look at it. All other attempts are just spin.

Popeye doesn't typically spin.. you do. With that comes the likelihood that his comment will be taken seriously. I think there is a lot of accuracy in what he said pertaining to the possibility of SJ not being the #3 guy. How it doesn't matter to the financial and draft picture.

Now you like to mock posts that you don't appreciate, but the funny part is that in jest what you said could very well be accurate.

If Johnson isn't playing above the others, why would anyone want him around with that salary? It doesn't matter what his name is or what he hasn't done before, if he isn't productive with K-Choke, the Niners can't afford to have him on the roster while they wait for things to "click". In other words, the money could be used elsewhere.

I just get a laugh because when the trade happened the expectations were really high, some even referring to Johnson as a #1 guy.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2q79y7la said:
1) Harbaugh very rarely names people starters or gives them jobs.
The number of rookie starters that Harbaugh has played from week one in any given year since he has been in SF says otherwise. I know 49ers fans like to say that the lack of playing rookies in his tenure is just because the 49ers have been so Godly talented that it's impossible for anyone short of a future first-ballot Hall of Famer to crack the starting roster, but...Call me skeptical. :)

Marvin49":2q79y7la said:
SPIN!!!! SPIN!!!!!

100% serious and honest question for you, Marvin. Why would you not make a concerted effort to get a lot of targets to the only receiver in the NFL to school both Darrelle Revis and Richard Sherman? While having a crap QB, to boot. I do not understand the negativity toward him from some of my fellow Seahawks brethren, the guy's a one-man wrecking crew when it comes to getting open. Stevie Johnson has had a nice number of good days against Revis, and he had a good day against Sherman the one time we played Buffalo, but seriously; I want to know what the answer to this question is.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The answer to that question is probably that, if KrapperChoke stares him down the whole time, he most likely won't be schooling anybody. He's like buying a silver bullet for a pop gun.