Saints fans were chanting "WE WANT SEATTLE"

drdiags

Reaction score
brettb3":16zrqzi2 said:
Lawyer Milloy was our starting SS then, and Earl was a rookie. And if Sherman's style of play allows him to get beat just twice in 11 games, then he needs to keep doing what he's doing.

I know who was in the starting lineup. Kam was in on some packages, actually had a defensed pass late. Doubt Sherman has only been beaten twice. And if his team mates are asking him on the sideline to give up the curl instead of getting beat over the top, maybe keep doing what he is doing isn't the team oriented move?

CANHawk

Reaction score
brettb3":s8s8hf5o said:
drdiags":s8s8hf5o said:
The day you see a group of fans for a division leading NFL team bow down to an upcoming opponent is the day the sport has died. Good for the Saints fans at the game that wanted to revel in beating their division rival and talk some smack to the Seahawks fans and team.

Will be interesting to see what Ryan does this time around against Wilson, since he wasn't able to rattle him the first time around with the Cowboys. Seems the Saints are better at stopping the run along with getting after the passer. Will the young buck replacing Greer hold up to being attacked? He made some plays the past 2 games and hasn't been a total liability.

Protect Wilson and battle Brees. Last time they played a Pete Carroll defense with Earl and Kam, Brees did okay. Better corners this time around, though no Browner is a bummer. Maxwell and Lane can be had. Watching Sherman's Turning Point episode, didn't realize how much free-lancing he is doing. It seems to have cost the team twice so far in big plays with TY Hilton and the WR from the Vikings. He may want to curtail that a little?
Lawyer Milloy was our starting SS then, and Earl was a rookie. And if Sherman's style of play allows him to get beat just twice in 11 games, then he needs to keep doing what he's doing.

Yeah... both teams are drastically different from the wild card game a few years ago. Practically the only things that are really the same are Lynch and Brees, everything else has either grown up (like Earl Thomas and Pierre Thomas) got a little closer to being over the hill (like Marquis Colston and Chris Clemons) or been replaced/upgraded (like Hass for Wilson or Shockey for Graham or Roman Harper for Kenny Vaccaro or any number of the new and improved guys on our team).

As much fun as it is to remenisce about it, that "beastquake" game can't really be used as a point of reference for this year's tilt. I don't know about NOLA because I don't watch them every week, but even our schemes are quite different. We don't really use the "bandit" package anymore and we can throw some funky read option stuff at them. They have Rob Ryan now, so their defense is a completely different animal. It's a whole new ball game... though I still expect Marshawn to run it down their throats, so maybe it isn't all that different... ;)

Hawks46

Reaction score
CDN_C_Hawk":2zukh8f3 said:
Guess Saints fans don't know, Seahawks have the best MNF record ..ever, they have the best HOME field record over the last 2 years.

Some on their board claim, last time they had no running game ( Bush and Julius Jones ), and no Graham , or P.Thomas. LOL
Hawks didn't have, Mr. Wilson , P.Harvin, and Optimus Prime, R.Sherman

Yea I was reading that on their boards, and it was pretty amusing. They are basing this on prior injuries and Drew Brees's good record on MNF.

What they don't get is that we're the best team in the NFL on MNF, and our defense is entirely different from the last time they've played us. We've upgraded literally every position.

quail man

Reaction score
why is anyone in here comparing a game from three years ago to what's going to happen next sunday? it's laughable.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
quail man":1y1hczsx said:
why is anyone in here comparing a game from three years ago to what's going to happen next sunday? it's laughable.

It is laughable comparing that 2011 game to what will happen next Sunday. Neither of the two teams being discussed are even playing on Sunday. :mrgreen:

But as for common players between the two games, David Hawthorne and Will Herring will be back on Seattle turf a week from Monday.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":4vpc1k79 said:
Kam was in on some packages, actually had a defensed pass late.

That play was funny because the announcer had no idea who Chancellor was. "Knocked away by... the Seahawks defense!"

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Saints fans can't wait to play the Seahawks in Seattle?

e9sy.jpg

Exittium

Reaction score
the fact the falcons held them.. by what a 3 or 6 point difference says a lot about them imo. I don't they'll be as big of an issues as everyone thinks. If they look good its not because of brees or graham, it'll be because the ref's are helping in every way possible. I expect sherman to blanket all over graham and shut him down because I don't see thurmond being physical enough

Johnny

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":221in3tn said:
i5roadrunner":221in3tn said:
Did anyone catch the Saints fans after the game tonight in Atlanta chanting, "WE WANT SEATTLE."--Well, you called down the thunder, well now you've got it! :icon_new:
Really now? Well prepare for the thunder and lightning (Lynch/Harvin) Saints faithful.

We have thunder & lightning on both sides of the ball, You forgot about (Chancellor/Thomas) :D

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I wonder if we'll see some Bandit looks? From my recollection, we haven't seen a lot of Bandit this year, in any game, just a few snaps here and there... seems like the off week would be a great time to dust this off, if the Saints don't run the ball much, and like the short passing game, and we want to have extra DBs out there both for coverage and rushing the passer, I'd love to see the six or seven DB package out there.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Falcons very well could have had that game won if the idiots had gone for the 1st on 4th down instead of a field goal attempt at 52 yards, down by 4. SMH. Dumbest decision I've seen in a while. Well, since Schwartz trying the fake field goal against the Stealers that lost them that game, haha.

JonRud

Reaction score
Don't read too much into anything happening to the Saints in a Thursday night game coming off a physical game w/ SF just a few days earlier.

Thu. night games are a joke and not a good indicator of how good or bad a team is.

Coming off 11 days rest the Saints will look very different on Dec. 2nd.

Laloosh

Reaction score
JonRud":110tc8qi said:
Don't read too much into anything happening to the Saints in a Thursday night game coming off a physical game w/ SF just a few days earlier.

Thu. night games are a joke and not a good indicator of how good or bad a team is.

Coming off 11 days rest the Saints will look very different on Dec. 2nd.

How about almost losing to SF at home? Can we judge them based on that performance?

formido

Reaction score
drdiags":27lh8x8a said:
The day you see a group of fans for a division leading NFL team bow down to an upcoming opponent is the day the sport has died. Good for the Saints fans at the game that wanted to revel in beating their division rival and talk some smack to the Seahawks fans and team.

Will be interesting to see what Ryan does this time around against Wilson, since he wasn't able to rattle him the first time around with the Cowboys. Seems the Saints are better at stopping the run along with getting after the passer. Will the young buck replacing Greer hold up to being attacked? He made some plays the past 2 games and hasn't been a total liability.

Protect Wilson and battle Brees. Last time they played a Pete Carroll defense with Earl and Kam, Brees did okay. Better corners this time around, though no Browner is a bummer. Maxwell and Lane can be had. Watching Sherman's Turning Point episode, didn't realize how much free-lancing he is doing. It seems to have cost the team twice so far in big plays with TY Hilton and the WR from the Vikings. He may want to curtail that a little?

The Saints are horrible at stopping the run. They're 29th in the NFL by DVOA. They tailored their defense to stop SF's running game because SF can't throw the ball. I would LOVE for them to play the same defense against us that they did against SF. Have fun tackling Harvin and Tate with all those dudes overcommitted to the run! :D

Can we attribute the plays Sherman got beat on to free lancing? I think the Hilton one he made a mistake on what the coverage was. On the one last game, he just got beat, although perhaps because he was erring to far toward jumping the out route for a pick. I suppose you could say that being lackadaisical about his assignments and core principles led to getting beat, so if that's a loose sense of free lancing it might fit.

However, he's still got 4 picks, at least 3 of which were pretty critical, and he's holding QBs to a passer rating of ~68 on his targets, so it's not like he's playing badly. By comparison, Revis is holding QBs to ~42, so that's a lot better. However, there sure is a lot of room for judgment calls in what counts as a player getting beat. For example, Revis was beat for a TD against Tampa Bay, but it wasn't counted against him by PFF because a safety should have been behind it. A safety should have been behind Sherman last game, too, so why the discrepancy?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
formido":2wdpfuhf said:
Can we attribute the plays Sherman got beat on to free lancing? I think the Hilton one he made a mistake on what the coverage was. On the one last game, he just got beat, although perhaps because he was erring to far toward jumping the out route for a pick. I suppose you could say that being lackadaisical about his assignments and core principles led to getting beat, so if that's a loose sense of free lancing it might fit.

I think you can attribute what happened last week on the fact that Sherman had no faith that Ponder could beat him, so he was cheating.

My guess is he won't make that mistake with a QB like Brees, he'll play much more straight up.

HawkWow

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ygijjao said:
Falcons very well could have had that game won if the idiots had gone for the 1st on 4th down instead of a field goal attempt at 52 yards, down by 4. SMH. Dumbest decision I've seen in a while. Well, since Schwartz trying the fake field goal against the Stealers that lost them that game, haha.

Not many 4th and 15s end well, though Roland. I know you know this, just a reminder. The Saints would have brought everybody and Ryan was already looking uncommonly skittish. I think kicking the FG, with basically 4 TOs and 2:30 left was their only option. Had they forced the punt, they should have got the ball back with about 1:30 left, as well as a TO. Ball likely near their own 40, needing just 20-30 yds to kick the game winner, ample time to do so. God knows we've seen Ryan do more with less. :/

Kennewick_Man

Reaction score
OrFan":1xzl7j33 said:
Are they really sure they want to face the team with the best record in the NFL? They want to face the team with the best record, all time, on Monday Night Football? They want to face the team that has the best record at home, and the toughest crowd, in the entire NFL?

Are they really that stupid?

Take it from someone who lived in Louisiana for 3 years and worked there for nearly a decade; Yes. Yes they are.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Kennewick_Man":1gqo0hu0 said:
OrFan":1gqo0hu0 said:
Are they really sure they want to face the team with the best record in the NFL? They want to face the team with the best record, all time, on Monday Night Football? They want to face the team that has the best record at home, and the toughest crowd, in the entire NFL?

Are they really that stupid?

Take it from someone who lived in Louisiana for 3 years and worked there for nearly a decade; Yes. Yes they are.

LOL!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkWow":18p11vm6 said:
Not many 4th and 15s end well, though Roland. I know you know this, just a reminder. The Saints would have brought everybody and Ryan was already looking uncommonly skittish. I think kicking the FG, with basically 4 TOs and 2:30 left was their only option. Had they forced the punt, they should have got the ball back with about 1:30 left, as well as a TO. Ball likely near their own 40, needing just 20-30 yds to kick the game winner, ample time to do so. God knows we've seen Ryan do more with less. :/

Oh, I know; and if you have a very good defense that has been playing well in this game, it's a totally different story. However, when you have a mediocre - to be polite - defense, why on Earth do you make this decision? There are plenty of circumstances where going for field goal would be the right move, but it absolutely was not for the Falcons in that game, with that time left on the clock.