Saints fans were chanting "WE WANT SEATTLE"

The Radish

Reaction score
Mick063":252vyngo said:
They will come in to stop Lynch at all costs.

Play action to Harvin. Practice it all week.

Yes, remember Lynch made NFL history the last time they played in Seattle.

:les:

plyka

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I can't really take this seriously. After watching the Saints thus far this season, and especially over the last 2 games, I see nothing for Hawks to worry about. The Panthers and 49ers are much bigger worries in my opinion. As you saw with the 49ers, when they went into the "hardest place to play" Superdome and came away with an unlucky loss. The Saints really have no place in the playoffs. They are NOT a playoff team. The Cardinals and Rams may give them issues.

They have ZERO and i mean ZERO run game. They are just not good in the running game, despite the numbers which they rack up, due to late game runs. They have 1075 rush yards so far this season, yet have had 1231 yards rushed AGAINST them. They have absolutely horrible running backs and their line just cannot run block. They average 3.9 yards per rush. Again, this is mostly due to runs broken due to defenses caught in defending the pass.

What about their defense? Well, that's one of the most overhyped defenses in football. They hold Krapernick to 100 total yards and all of a sudden they are the 2002 Ravens. Please. As said above, they have 1231 yards rushed against them, and this is by their soft schedule. They allow 4.8 yards per rush --that is a freakishly high number, especially when we are talking about their average opponent.

They have no rush, they have no defense against the rush. These are HUGE keys in the playoffs. Pass defense isn't much to speak of either. Their one strength is Drew Brees and their passing game. And even in that department, you have a few people to stop. Graham of course is #1. He is a beast. I drafted him in my keeper league like 3 years ago in the 100's. I keep him every year, and every year he puts up MONSTER numbers. He is more like a powerforward playing TE. An incredible athlete with incredible size. He puts our TEs to shame. 2nd, Sproles. This is their guy out of the backfield that can turn 2 yard passes to 40 yard gains. It's one thing when Brees throws it down the field for 30 yards, another thing entirely when they get 40 yard chunks from screen passes. The screen is one of their biggest weapons. Outside of those two, the rest of their WR core is average. With Brees average can be good, but not dominant.

All in all, Saints = a team i personally like a lot, but one of the most overrated teams in teh NFL. They are the type of team that dominates in the regular season and shit's the bed in the playoffs. I don't expect them to make the NFCC game.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I have to make sure that all my breakables are safely in place before the game starts. Those beast quakes can be brutal.

HawkWow

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3thfbxr3 said:
HawkWow":3thfbxr3 said:
Not many 4th and 15s end well, though Roland. I know you know this, just a reminder. The Saints would have brought everybody and Ryan was already looking uncommonly skittish. I think kicking the FG, with basically 4 TOs and 2:30 left was their only option. Had they forced the punt, they should have got the ball back with about 1:30 left, as well as a TO. Ball likely near their own 40, needing just 20-30 yds to kick the game winner, ample time to do so. God knows we've seen Ryan do more with less. :/

Oh, I know; and if you have a very good defense that has been playing well in this game, it's a totally different story. However, when you have a mediocre - to be polite - defense, why on Earth do you make this decision? There are plenty of circumstances where going for field goal would be the right move, but it absolutely was not for the Falcons in that game, with that time left on the clock.

I don't argue that. But Brees looked less than cool most of the night and holding them to 17 had to inspire false hope in Atl. But this is an argument you cannot lose, Roland. Turns out they should have went for it on 4th down. I think Mooch said the odds of converting a 1st down on 4th and 14 is 8%. Unsure if he pulled that out of his okole or not, but sounds about right to me.

In the end, the better team won and I suspect they won't pose a real threat to our cause anyway. But damn, imagine how loose we would be playing with a 2 game lead next Monday(?). OTOH, we might have become too comfortable and got caught looking south. All good. Everything is going better than planned...or even hoped. This might even be the favored scenario for our young team. They crave the big game and that's what they're gonna' get. Like myself...I am sure they are ridiculously confident. ; )

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't take much out of how the Saints played against SF or ATL. I expect them to have some mojo passing the ball. Maybe even the most the Hawks have given up all year. That will likely also lead to some INT action. If the Saints do play like they have the last 2 games? That won't work here in the Clink.

The defense is going to be tough on NOLA, but the offense is going to be the killer. The Saints haven't played anyone like Seattle this year. I either see a very weighted TOP towards Seattle or I see a ton of points for the Hawks. Getting the return of injured players last week is going to pay off big time against the Saints. The OLine is going to be very ready to run the ball and then there is that Harvin guy. He looks like he might be a pretty good football player. ;)

The Saints fans should be wanting a shot at Seattle, you can't win if you don't play, but Seattle is going to be extremely jacked for this game. MNF in Seattle with a healthy team? I like the Hawks chances.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Also.. if Breesus thought the fans were loud in 2010, he is going to be shell shocked come MNF. If the Saints win this game, they will certainly have earned it.

sc85sis

Reaction score
CDN_C_Hawk":2a1jkhms said:
Guess Saints fans don't know, Seahawks have the best MNF record ..ever, they have the best HOME field record over the last 2 years.

Some on their board claim, last time they had no running game ( Bush and Julius Jones ), and no Graham , or P.Thomas. LOL
Hawks didn't have, Mr. Wilson , P.Harvin, and Optimus Prime, R.Sherman
Yeah, our team is a bit different now.

Guys not on the Seahawks last time we played New Orleans:

- Wilson, Harvin and Sherman (as mentioned)
- Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse and Ricardo Lockette
- Robert Turbin and Christine Michael
- Zach Miller and Luke Willson
- Most of the offensive line players we have now
- Bennett, Avril, McDonald and others who rotate into the d-line
- Browner, who fortunately for NO is injured
- Quite possibly all of our LBs (can't remember for sure)
- Several other secondary guys who rotate in
- Hauschka

I think I may have missed someone...

Edit: I am in no way suggesting this means the game will be a cakewalk for the Hawks. I have no clue how it will go. But for those few Saints fans thinking they're facing the same team--uh, no.