RW the most polarizing player to ever play for Seattle?

Wartooth

Reaction score
Don't know, don't care about all the personal stuff...
All I really know is that Russell is the best damned QB this forever Seahawk fan has gotten to watch, period.
I don't care if he's a closet "Furry', or collects rare Fabergé eggs...
Just keep ball'in Russell, that's what I care about.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
I never really noticed the "rah-rah" attitude from him until after the SB loss and he's maintained that attitude throughout.....

and the team's done progressively worse every year since.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":39kgljfl said:
Scorpion05":39kgljfl said:
Just saw a stat on ESPN showing Tom Brady is 6-6 in recent years when pressured more than 5 times. His numbers dip drastically when he gets pressured. Shows just how idiotic at times the Russ criticism is

My guess is most QB's in the NFL are even worse than this.

My only criticism of Russell is I think he hesitates and doesn't trust his reads as often as he should. Since 2015 he has less and less scripted play completions.........................meaning he's no longer throwing to windows trusting his reads and receivers to come open, and more relying on his scrambling and making sure the receiver is wide open.

Not surprising, he's also been under pressure, hit and sacked more. So makes sense that this stat is WAY down.

Perhaps, but the actual numbers show Russell is better than Brady under pressure. Sure Brady is great, but many Qbs can function when there's no pressure in their face. That's the point. I know so many people who are Dolphins and Jets fans....and they've always felt he's overrated because he has all day to throw. When he gets pressured, he folds like a cheap tent. Just like he did against the Jets in the playoffs years ago, just as he's done against the Chiefs, just as he's done against the Dolphins. People come up with generic reasons for why Brady is so great rather than watching film. Unlike Russ, he CANNOT handle pressure

Scorpion05

Reaction score
brimsalabim":10w9kran said:
Why do you doubt it? Did you ever hear that sentiment spoken before the former public school inner city virginia kid arrived to play for the former Virginia private school star? No you didn't. Percy planted those seeds. He labeled Russell as an enemy of the black players, ginned it up and the race baiting bunch in the locker room clung to it. Never related? Go back and look at some film. No one relates the Lynch or Percy. Some tolerate them but no one relates to them.

"Race baiting" is a simplistic form of it. Unfortunately, it's a dynamic that exists that many Americans of all races buy into in different ways. Reminds me of the Russ vs Kaep, Russ vs Cam, McNabb vs Vick dynamic where you have two Qbs of completely different personality types that some relate to or despise for different reasons

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":199f6aor said:
Why do you doubt it? Did you ever hear that sentiment spoken before the former public school inner city virginia kid arrived to play for the former Virginia private school star? No you didn't. Percy planted those seeds. He labeled Russell as an enemy of the black players, ginned it up and the race baiting bunch in the locker room clung to it. Never related? Go back and look at some film. No one relates the Lynch or Percy. Some tolerate them but no one relates to them.

Marshawn Lynch owned this team and was the leader of this team.

Countless current and former players have attested to this in public interviews. They tolerate Russ.

Stop confusing YOUR ability to relate to him with actual players :lol:

THE TABS

Reaction score
I’d say that title belongs to Richard Sherman, and it will be a long time before anybody takes that title away from him. :D

adeltaY

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1gp9w4as said:
Just saw a stat on ESPN showing Tom Brady is 6-6 in recent years when pressured more than 5 times. His numbers dip drastically when he gets pressured. Shows just how idiotic at times the Russ criticism is

Uhhh I'm not sure about that. Please post a link if you can find it. This is what I got when searching for Brady under pressure.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/NFLMatchup/status/946137504616534016[/tweet]

Brady was the best QB under pressure this year by far.

Also vin, who was calling for Russ to carry the offense with no run game? I'd like to see if someone did. Blaming him for us squeaking by the Vikes seems unfair, they played that game in some of the worst conditions of all time for an NFL game.

I support the seahawks but I like players better than the org. Humans >> corporation.