RW the most polarizing player to ever play for Seattle?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Lordship? Worship? Meh. He's just one of the best QB's in the league who literally carries the team often. He can and will perform better in the future. They need him to take it next level just to win under this current roster and coaching staff. Comments like yours just sound like you're talking down to people. And they show how much you truly don't like Russ, and that's fine. Is it really important to tell people they don't know about football and/or put them down? So, if we don't put the guy down every game and/or take personal shots at him. Or shots or anyone who believes in the guy, you feel better to just act like you know more than anyone who sticks up for Russ? Just curious.
Why does it bother you so much how other people see Russ?

mrt144

Reaction score
vin.couve12":19w42xuw said:
What I see is a lot of people who really don't know football all that well and people who almost can't not worship things.

Your contributions to .net seem to increasingly revolve around only you and you alone possessing this esoteric insight.

Can you...I don't know...do better? You want me to help?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1mo35mp8 said:
Lordship? Worship? Meh. He's just one of the best QB's in the league who literally carries the team often. He can and will perform better in the future. They need him to take it next level just to win under this current roster and coaching staff. Comments like yours just sound like you're talking down to people. And they show how much you truly don't like Russ, and that's fine. Is it really important to tell people they don't know about football and/or put them down? So, if we don't put the guy down every game and/or take personal shots at him. Or shots or anyone who believes in the guy, you feel better to just act like you know more than anyone who sticks up for Russ? Just curious.
Why does it bother you so much how other people see Russ?
Exhibit A right here talking about how I don't like Russ. It's not about Russ. It's regarding lies about the QB position in general. Glad you used the word belief because it has nothing to do with that, which is why Elway was relevant. "Believing" in a player means absolutely nothing. It's the ultimate team sport.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
mrt144":1zofs6qq said:
vin.couve12":1zofs6qq said:
What I see is a lot of people who really don't know football all that well and people who almost can't not worship things.

Your contributions to .net seem to increasingly revolve around only you and you alone possessing this esoteric insight.

Can you...I don't know...do better? You want me to help?
This particular subject...yeah, it isn't sacred to me and I'll take a dump all over it. Overrated first round picks too.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
G'head though. I'll stay out and y'all keep talking about running the Hawks into the gound just to prove something for one guy. RW will have a better career if it's not all about him, but go right on ahead...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
vin.couve12":13joqj1t said:
One of the things that bugs the living hell out of me is what people would like to see for the sole purposes of Russell Wilson or trying to prove something on behalf of Russell Wilson.

Damn the team, let's make it about one guy.

That's what I hear. It's hero worship that undermines the Seattle Seahawks as a team.

The irony is that with a balanced offense, the Seahawks are more effective on offense because there is a multidimensional approacg instead of one dimensional. RW buys half of a second of time in the pocket by default strictly because the defense has to honor the run by reading run vs pass.

You literally make RW a less effective, less efficient QB by worshiping him so much that you want to prove RW's lordship even if forsaking the greater offense.

RW will never win another superbowl if fans get their way in celebrating his holy lordship. The psycho idiot cult fans see that statement as a slight, but I guarantee you that Elway would be ringless without Terrell Davis, for instance. Watched that dude choke out of the playoffs for years until Davis got there. He was never going to be a champion, which is hilarious to me considering what he acts like now, in particular.

I'm here quite frequently, I've yet to see a forum poster or fan say that he/she hates having a balanced offense and a good run game again.

I don't care how good your QB is, it's very hard to win being one dimensional.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":32kz28fp said:
Any place I go or read....

It's rw is a god or rw is a bum.

Because he truly is one or the other. Look at his stats Q1 vs Q4. Or hell even look at his end game stats in games won vs games lost. There's no middle ground with his play. If he finds ways to improve on his "glaring weaknesses" he will be unquestionable as a future HOFer. If his backyard football god-mode play diminishes with age, then his critics are right that he is a bum that survives off of "luck".

If there is ONE thing I would like to see more of from all aspects of our Hawks (outside of Bevell's offensive game plans) it's consistency.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Frank Clark before he even played here = most polarizing
Percy Harvin = most polarizing

In hindsight, Bosworth was more hella funny than polarizing.
44 Boz Inc. selling "Ban the Boz" T-Shirts to Denver fans--priceless!

Right now, Warren Moon has unfortunately become polarizing.
Subject for the non-football related section. I love the guy, but he has become polarizing to some.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Harvin begat this ridiculous argument when he labeled Russell as being “Too white"... A racist sounding comment for sure but his resentment of Russ goes all the way back to their high school days in Virginia.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Just saw a stat on ESPN showing Tom Brady is 6-6 in recent years when pressured more than 5 times. His numbers dip drastically when he gets pressured. Shows just how idiotic at times the Russ criticism is

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2h1fxmhc said:
Harvin begat this ridiculous argument when he labeled Russell as being “Too white"... A racist sounding comment for sure but his resentment of Russ goes all the way back to their high school days in Virginia.

I doubt Harvin started that train of thought. I think he was just a mouthpiece for that train of thought.

Russ just never related to the guys on the SB teams.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Why do you doubt it? Did you ever hear that sentiment spoken before the former public school inner city virginia kid arrived to play for the former Virginia private school star? No you didn't. Percy planted those seeds. He labeled Russell as an enemy of the black players, ginned it up and the race baiting bunch in the locker room clung to it. Never related? Go back and look at some film. No one relates the Lynch or Percy. Some tolerate them but no one relates to them.

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah all that time Lynch and Sherman spend together for inner City kids must be for media promos.

Fade

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":38nzsq49 said:
Wow, if Lord Brady is 6-6 w/a little pressure........how would he be behind THIS line? :?

A measely 5 times huh.

Welcome to RW's world where he is pressured on nearly 40% of his dropbacks. 40%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is truly miraculous RW can function at an MVP level behind that O-Line, and he has to be his own running game as well. I think most people around the league, let alone fans are not truly aware of how much Russ has been masking how bad it has been.

A lot of the mediots & fans were saying Dak was better than RW after one year, until his O-Line had some injuries this year, then they Homer Simpson'd back into the hedge.gif

What Russell did this year I have never seen before in 30 years of watching NFL football. Function at an MVP level w/the worst protection, no running game, and terrible gameplans. That is a lot to overcome.

Most QBs would just be thankful that made it through all 16 games and survived given the circumstances.

QBs suck when they are under constant pressure. No matter who it is.

So that is what is polarizing I guess is.
Casual fans be like "Why isn't RW making the perfect play every time, inspite of being under constant pressure, with his receivers blanketed, and no running game, what a scrub, Overrated!"

Yes, Russ still has things he needs to improve on, but that is small potatoes compared to the major issues, which is the O-Line & the running game. Which PCJS are currently focusing on.

Seymour

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":3s30kql5 said:
brimsalabim":3s30kql5 said:

I doubt Harvin started that train of thought. I think he was just a mouthpiece for that train of thought.

Russ just never related to the guys on the SB teams.

It came from Harvin without question.

To say Russ never related to "guys on the SB teams" is just sad and pathetic hate. I thought you had your own Wilson hate thread with pictures and all to attend to?

djb28

Reaction score
He appeared in one of my dreams once. No other Seahawk has ever made an appearance. For that reason alone he is my GOD!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Scorpion05":31ggs90e said:
Just saw a stat on ESPN showing Tom Brady is 6-6 in recent years when pressured more than 5 times. His numbers dip drastically when he gets pressured. Shows just how idiotic at times the Russ criticism is

My guess is most QB's in the NFL are even worse than this.

My only criticism of Russell is I think he hesitates and doesn't trust his reads as often as he should. Since 2015 he has less and less scripted play completions.........................meaning he's no longer throwing to windows trusting his reads and receivers to come open, and more relying on his scrambling and making sure the receiver is wide open.

Not surprising, he's also been under pressure, hit and sacked more. So makes sense that this stat is WAY down.

TreeRon

Reaction score
I like Russell Wilson and I admire his positive spin on almost everything. That said I do find it (his attitude) irritating. I mean does the guy ever get down? Does he ever feel depressed? Is that normal?
We've all know people like that in our lives and we used to call them "goody two shoes" or something to that effect.
I have a hunch Russell's mom and dad raised him that way. They were probably that way. Good for them. Frankly I wish I could be more like that.
I think his attitude is why some people just don't like the guy, his kind of guy. We're jealous.