RW the most polarizing player to ever play for Seattle?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
inda2o6":28iiy8rm said:
I would say Shaun Alexander. He didn’t run as hard unless they were in the red one or playing in primetime. Once he got his extension & Mack Strong retired. It was crap to watch. Holmgren wouldn’t trust him for 3rd and long plays. It was 3rd and long, hand to Mack Strong on a draw play. :sarcasm_on: the good old days. :sarcasm_off: The Seahawks paid him after losing Hutch to the Vikings. Bad investment at the time.

I thought about Alexander, but truthfully, by the end, there were very few hawk fans left supporting him after his stab in the back comment and his soft run out of bounds to avoid every possible hit style.

Alexander probably had the biggest fall from grace ever (sans Arod), which is tough in ever loving, always forgiving Seattle.

hawk45

Reaction score
I don't think RW is even close to the most polarizing player. We had Hass flame wars as I recall.

There are one or two who are quick to jump on when he doesn't play well, but the vast majority see him as a very good player who helped author the best years of the franchise.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Shaun Alexander and Lofa Tatupu come to mind.

Russell Wilson should be the least polarizing player ever. Battles through injuries like a warrior. Spends his off-time at a children's hospital cheering up sick kids. Leads the league in TDs. Finishes every game as strong as any QB in football history. Never complains.

calinator

Reaction score
His lows are very low and his highs are very high. That being said if he had a good OL and gameplan he'd be a monster.

Jville

Reaction score
Don't most fans evey where over react to quarterback performances?

When things are good and the numbers impressive they are placed on lofty pedestals and showered with excessive credit. But, when things come apart and numbers disappoint, they are knocked off those pedestals with a shower of blame.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jville":4moakjvr said:

When things are good and the numbers impressive they are placed on lofty pedestals and showered with excessive credit. But, when things come apart and numbers disappoint, they are knocked off those pedestals with a shower of blame.

You could say this about owners, GM's, coaches and.............................wait for it..................offensive coordinators.

Jville

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":23xyawr5 said:
Jville":23xyawr5 said:

You could say this about owners, GM's, coaches and.............................wait for it..................offensive coordinators.

Yes you could. Lots of examples around the league of that going on today.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Its just crazy.

Ppl in my family think he is good but not top 10.

Ppl I run into think same and got carried by lynch or defense.

Then some think he is perfect and its everyone else.

He is talked about a lot. I understand as he is a top QB but ppl arent usually in the middle.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I think Dave Kreig. I could ask 100 seahawks fans while he was playing and I honestly believe that 50% say he sucks and 50% would say he was a very good QB.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
hgwellz12":ag9w5kfu said:
Russ is awesome. The thing with Russell Wilson is that he would be polarizing if he was the night janitor at a McDonald's. He's just that type of person.

Would they let him into the Childrens Hospital every Tuesday if he was the night janitor at Mcdonalds though?

Threedee

Reaction score
Russell doesn't come close to Boz, Stevens, Tate, Sherman, or Bennett in terms of controversy. The first two were already public pariahs when they arrived, and Tate went out for doughnuts the minute he hit town (rumor has it Lacy did, as well, but it didn't make the police report).

AgentDib

Reaction score
Russ is about as far from polarizing as it gets for Hawks fans, unless by polarizing you are contrasting fans who love him with those who really like him.

At the same time, he is human. It's not hate to point out areas in which he could improve, and it isn't the result of an agenda from people who secretly hate him but just pretend to like him. If you're trying to look at how a complicated machine like an NFL offense can succeed and fail it's important to be honest about how the various parts are functioning and where breakdowns occur in specific situations. Being overly sensitive about this discussion is the real insult to Russ, because it assumes that he has hit an early cap on his growth and cannot improve further.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Said it before, but at the NFL level Wilson is the most high variance very good QB I've ever seen in my life, and it's not really close.

All to say that because he's so, so, so high variance, those who really love him and think he's the most effective QB in the NFL are right some of the time, and those who are really frustrated by him and think he's just an average QB or worse are right some of the time too.