The Best Player in the Draft Mock

Seahawker

Reaction score
#5 RB Bijan Robinson

A 5 star player with top 5 talent that many evaluators see as the highest rated player in the entire draft.
I think Robinson will have Adrian Peterson-like impact on the league. I also won't be surprised if his rookie debut & first contract years end up being nothing short of eye popping, dare I say Dickerson-esque, but with total recieving yards added to the stat line. Forget what the prognosticators & media say about him being a mid 1st rounder, positional value or "them" deciding his place in the draft. This kid will be a field tilting force, he has top character, work ethic and he loves football. No trading down & getting him, he will be top 10, probably top 5, I could see the him going to the Cards at #3. The only way he doesn't go off the charts is if a bottom 5 O-Line team drafts him, even then he will plow & drag his way to the Pro Bowl. Robinson is a 6', 225lb version of Marshall Faulk, GM's Know and we would be lucky to get him at #5.
But... we already have Kenneth Walker lll, yes and he is a nice RB but Robinson is a different animal, a cowbell back you can ride to the playoffs & further. Remember Lynch 24's & Alexander 37's contributions to our SB runs. This would give us the best RB tandem in the NFL and remember, Rashaad Penny is coming off a broken leg and is a FA. I know, defense... but Robinson is the best defense you can get. You can't score against it & it gives you time of possession, 1st downs, points and keeps opposing offenses off the field.
Ask yourself this question, who would the 49ers want us to draft at #5, Tyree Wilson, Robinson or anyone else?
This is the last big gift from the RW3 treasure trove and I want someone who tilts the field and has real impact on the league.

#20 If Anthony Richardson was here... but he won't be. Time for defense.
Pick a DT. Mazi Smith.

2 #37 LBer Noah Sewell.

2 #52 Another DT. Keeanu Benton, Gervon Dexter or Siaki Ika.

3 #83 Center. Luke Wypler, JM Schmitz or Joe Tippman.

4 #123 DE. The best every down DE who is good against the run & has some pass rush ability.

Two 5ths & a 6th. BPA.

Sign Geno to the fairest contract we can give him, pick up a FA DT and/or LBer and lets work on winning the NFC west back.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I had us taking him with pick 20 in my mock draft. Paired with Walker, they would be tough to stop.

Pff mock results 17

OP
OP
Seahawker

Seahawker

Reaction score
One more note on Robinson. In my opinion there is about a 50% chance that Bijan Robinson wins rookie of the year award and 50% odds for someone else in the the entire draft class of winning it. I'd bet money on it.

James in PA

Reaction score
Would love to land Robinson. Elite back. #5 is awfully high for a RB. if the player we truly want isn't there at five , I wouldn't mind trading back a few slots and picking him up. I wouldn't trade back too far though. I could see him going in the teens.

OP
OP
Seahawker

Seahawker

Reaction score
Would love to land Robinson. Elite back. #5 is awfully high for a RB. if the player we truly want isn't there at five , I wouldn't mind trading back a few slots and picking him up. I wouldn't trade back too far though. I could see him going in the teens.
I think Robinson goes top 10, even top 5, this kid is a rare talent, there are a lot of teams who need an upgrade at RB and average QB's who need help in the running game. Owners, GM's and coaches will pound the table to get this rare specimen & talent in their facility.
All this 'positional value' & RB's don't belong in the top 10 is crap. Oh sure, don't draft Adrian Peterson or Walter Payton until the 12th pick... please. Watch Arizona take him (sadly) at #3 to help Kyler Murray out of his recent slump, or a team with similar need.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
No thanks. You are greatly overrating Robinson. I would rather build the DL/OL. Robinson is good I wouldn’t consider great

12forlife

Reaction score
No thanks. You are greatly overrating Robinson. I would rather build the DL/OL. Robinson is good I wouldn’t consider great
Agreed trenches are our #1 need, but dude wake up Robinson is Special all day every day.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Robinson is rated the 6th best back in 2022 stat-wise.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
One more note on Robinson. In my opinion there is about a 50% chance that Bijan Robinson wins rookie of the year award and 50% odds for someone else in the the entire draft class of winning it. I'd bet money on it.
What's crazy is that this could be true and there are still people who wouldn't draft him in the first round. And I should add that this is mostly just fans. I think coaches and GMs value the position higher.

Heck, Ken Walker was the #2 rookie of the year and, in a re-draft scanario done by each team's local media, he still fell to the Seahawks 41st pick. I don't get it. People don't see the value in running backs even when they obviously change the entire offense for the better.

Chevy

Reaction score
That's the case pretty much every year, for the position most likely to win the offensive rookie of the year...either QB or RB, then WR. Our own Ken Walker should have won it this year, he had the most #1 votes for offensive rookie of the year.

It would be crazier if you thought a WR, TE, LT, LG, OC, RG, or RT was going most likely to win offensive rookie of the year.

Last edited:

12forlife

Reaction score
Robinson is rated the 6th best back in 2022 stat-wise.
Yes and if you payed any attention to college football you would already know that Texas also had Roshon Johnson, which is also going to get drafted rd 4-7. So Robinson wasn't required to be a bell cow. So don't look to far into his stats, watch the video, if you still don't think he is special, please contact your physician asap!

getnasty

Reaction score
Robinson is a stud but Top 10 i just don't see. CMC, Zeke, Fournette and Barkley are all nice players but success with there teams has been hard to come by.

jeremiah

Reaction score
#5 RB Bijan Robinson

A 5 star player with top 5 talent that many evaluators see as the highest rated player in the entire draft.
I think Robinson will have Adrian Peterson-like impact on the league. I also won't be surprised if his rookie debut & first contract years end up being nothing short of eye popping, dare I say Dickerson-esque, but with total recieving yards added to the stat line. Forget what the prognosticators & media say about him being a mid 1st rounder, positional value or "them" deciding his place in the draft. This kid will be a field tilting force, he has top character, work ethic and he loves football. No trading down & getting him, he will be top 10, probably top 5, I could see the him going to the Cards at #3. The only way he doesn't go off the charts is if a bottom 5 O-Line team drafts him, even then he will plow & drag his way to the Pro Bowl. Robinson is a 6', 225lb version of Marshall Faulk, GM's Know and we would be lucky to get him at #5.
But... we already have Kenneth Walker lll, yes and he is a nice RB but Robinson is a different animal, a cowbell back you can ride to the playoffs & further. Remember Lynch 24's & Alexander 37's contributions to our SB runs. This would give us the best RB tandem in the NFL and remember, Rashaad Penny is coming off a broken leg and is a FA. I know, defense... but Robinson is the best defense you can get. You can't score against it & it gives you time of possession, 1st downs, points and keeps opposing offenses off the field.
Ask yourself this question, who would the 49ers want us to draft at #5, Tyree Wilson, Robinson or anyone else?
This is the last big gift from the RW3 treasure trove and I want someone who tilts the field and has real impact on the league.

#20 If Anthony Richardson was here... but he won't be. Time for defense.
Pick a DT. Mazi Smith.

2 #37 LBer Noah Sewell.

2 #52 Another DT. Keeanu Benton, Gervon Dexter or Siaki Ika.

3 #83 Center. Luke Wypler, JM Schmitz or Joe Tippman.

4 #123 DE. The best every down DE who is good against the run & has some pass rush ability.

Two 5ths & a 6th. BPA.

Sign Geno to the fairest contract we can give him, pick up a FA DT and/or LBer and lets work on winning the NFC west back.
Bijan, SOLD. He is very special. Plus the hands... I hope he is there at 20 because 5 will be judged too high for a RB.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Bijan, SOLD. He is very special. Plus the hands... I hope he is there at 20 because 5 will be judged too high for a RB.
A trade is an option, if the Eagle's don't take him at 10 there isn't really a team in need of an RB until the Buccs at 19, if we want him a trade with the Lions for 18 could be in order though many Drafts have Bijan going to to the Cowboys at 26.
Having said that in K9 we have a top RB, we need another for rotation and back up but a 3rd or 4th rounder is fine for that. I think our first 4 picks should be on defence and WR (maybe an OL in the second)

Chevy

Reaction score
RBs almost always win rookie offensive player of the year. So you are not going to make much money on that bet (if you were to use Vegas odds).