Russell Wilson

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2fjjq4u0 said:
Given that we are a running team and fundamentally a play action zone blocking offense the qb'srelease time wont be as quick as it would be from shotgun. Run plays and play action allows more congestion in the middle of the field too thats probably why we are passing more from a spread this year. To be a quicker passing team the offense must be committed to working on it on. The timing/chemistry isnt quite there and it can be any combination of reasons besides just Wilson. We have some new receivers, unproven O line talent, and conservative playcalling that contributes to poor play.
No doubt we can improve our quick passing game with consistent personnel and a commitment to developing these plays. However, we cant forget that Wilson has beaten pressure when he holds the ball. He's won many games doing this just as Rodgers has.
Because he had some success when holding onto the ball, Wilson does it habitually. The Rams didn't even bother to cover short routes, because they know our tendencies, and Wilson's tendency is not to throw the short routes.

On a 1st-and-17 Bevell called a play that used 5 receivers all running short routes, taking advantage of the Rams playing so far off, so Wilson can get the ball out quickly and avoid the pass rush. Wilson held onto the ball instead of delivering a quick throw, and the play ended with a sack.

Sack0400

Notice the bottom of the screen where Lockett is coming out of his break. Wilson has a clear throwing lane, and the defender is nearly 10 yards away from Lockett. How does this end in a sack? If Wilson sees the route and how far away the defender is and delivers the ball so that it arrives as Lockett makes his break, I'd rate Lockett's chances of eluding a single defender, and then there's a whole lot of green ahead of him. Opportunity lost.

mrkyle

Reaction score
True his rollout has won some games, The lions he rolled out and nailed a 20 yarder to seal the deal.

Stand in there qb's like flacco have major flaws. If wilson could use an example Rodgers, should be his emulation

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3k7wq4gd said:
Russ Willstrong":3k7wq4gd said:
Given that we are a running team and fundamentally a play action zone blocking offense the qb'srelease time wont be as quick as it would be from shotgun. Run plays and play action allows more congestion in the middle of the field too thats probably why we are passing more from a spread this year. To be a quicker passing team the offense must be committed to working on it on. The timing/chemistry isnt quite there and it can be any combination of reasons besides just Wilson. We have some new receivers, unproven O line talent, and conservative playcalling that contributes to poor play.
No doubt we can improve our quick passing game with consistent personnel and a commitment to developing these plays. However, we cant forget that Wilson has beaten pressure when he holds the ball. He's won many games doing this just as Rodgers has.
Because he had some success when holding onto the ball, Wilson does it habitually. The Rams didn't even bother to cover short routes, because they know our tendencies, and Wilson's tendency is not to throw the short routes.

On a 1st-and-17 Bevell called a play that used 5 receivers all running short routes, taking advantage of the Rams playing so far off, so Wilson can get the ball out quickly and avoid the pass rush. Wilson held onto the ball instead of delivering a quick throw, and the play ended with a sack.

Sack0400

Notice the bottom of the screen where Lockett is coming out of his break. Wilson has a clear throwing lane, and the defender is nearly 10 yards away from Lockett. How does this end in a sack? If Wilson sees the route and how far away the defender is and delivers the ball so that it arrives as Lockett makes his break, I'd rate Lockett's chances of eluding a single defender, and then there's a whole lot of green ahead of him. Opportunity lost.
Cant tell you why Bevell called a play for all short routes on 1st and 17 but yes Wilson looked like he was not on the same page as the receivers on that play. It could have been that Wilson was looking for a longer route. Maybe a presnap look at Lockett for double move that never happened. Frustrating to watch.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
LymonHawk":1dt81dnb said:
Giblien":1dt81dnb said:
It amazes me how many people on here poke fun at Wilson for his abstinence. As if him abstaining from sex outside of marriage is a bad thing...you know, because nothing bad ever happens when people have sex when they aren't married...

:roll:

Anyone who has tried can tell you it takes more of a man to RESIST temptation than to give in (especially with a woman as good looking as Ciara...come on...). I give him a TON of credit for abstaining, and even more so for saying it publicly. Good on him. But if you think that the Seahawks, and Wilson are struggling due in major part because he isn't having sex...you have lost your mind.

There might be a correlation between stress, anxiety and sexual release, but it's not causing Kam to whiff on coverages, the O-line to be inconsistent or the run game to be plagued with injuries...not to mention we do have a guy named Darrell Bevell making the play calls :pukeface: . Wilson is actually on pace for a higher QB rating this year than last.

So stop with this nonsense...please. You are just showing yourself to not be good at that whole "thinking" thing.

Sorry you have lost your sense of humor. Recent surveys have proven people with an active sex life have a better sense of humor.

Why do you think his throws seem so weak this year? Where's the zip we used to see in his throws? Couldn't be because his right arm is tired from.....?

Let's face it, he's always had problems leaving the pocket to soon (reason for his divorce?), but doesn't it appear even more so this year? Could it be because he's out of practice concerning staying power?

Two cents.

And substantially overpriced at that...

mrkyle

Reaction score
I like stat people, Weeden has good "stats' got benched because he cant move the ball.

Wilson is having problems getting down the field, and mid range in the pocket

2 stats that should be on every qb is, 3rd down conversions, completion percentage over 15 yards.

Stats are getting skewed these days because of all the screens, and dump passes we are seeing.

Weeden his three games percentage was

81 percent 232 yards
61 percent 246 yards
66 percent188 yards

LymonHawk

Reaction score
BadgerVid":hqi8avg6 said:
LymonHawk":hqi8avg6 said:
Giblien":hqi8avg6 said:
It amazes me how many people on here poke fun at Wilson for his abstinence. As if him abstaining from sex outside of marriage is a bad thing...you know, because nothing bad ever happens when people have sex when they aren't married...

Anyone who has tried can tell you it takes more of a man to RESIST temptation than to give in (especially with a woman as good looking as Ciara...come on...). I give him a TON of credit for abstaining, and even more so for saying it publicly. Good on him. But if you think that the Seahawks, and Wilson are struggling due in major part because he isn't having sex...you have lost your mind.

There might be a correlation between stress, anxiety and sexual release, but it's not causing Kam to whiff on coverages, the O-line to be inconsistent or the run game to be plagued with injuries...not to mention we do have a guy named Darrell Bevell making the play calls :pukeface: . Wilson is actually on pace for a higher QB rating this year than last.

So stop with this nonsense...please. You are just showing yourself to not be good at that whole "thinking" thing.

Sorry you have lost your sense of humor. Recent surveys have proven people with an active sex life have a better sense of humor.

Why do you think his throws seem so weak this year? Where's the zip we used to see in his throws? Couldn't be because his right arm is tired from.....?

Let's face it, he's always had problems leaving the pocket to soon (reason for his divorce?), but doesn't it appear even more so this year? Could it be because he's out of practice concerning staying power?

Two cents.

And substantially overpriced at that...

BTW: Have you heard the rumor about how RW now locks the door when goes into the film room? Remind at all of your early teen years? Assuming of course your not still in you early teen years and still locking bathroom doors.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Davidess":1zobev83 said:
RW is playing terribly? you realize hes passing better then he has his whole career right?

2012 stat line-
Att-393
Comp- 252
Comp%- 64.1
Att/G-24.6
YDS- 3,118
AYP- 7.9
YDS/G 194.9
TD 26
INT-10
INT %-2.5
Rating- 100.0

Att-407
Comp-257
Comp %-63.1
Att/G-25.4
YDS- 3,357
AYP- 8.2
YDS/G 209.8
TD-26
INT-9
Rating-101.2

ATT-452
Comp- 285
Comp %- 63.1
Att/G 28.2
YDS- 3,475
AYP 7.7
YDS/G 217.2
TD-20
INT-7
Rating-95.0

2015 (through 5 games)
ATT-150 =480
Comp-106 =339
Comp %-70.7
Att/G-30.0
Yds-1,192 =3814
AYP-7.9
Yds/G-238.4
TD-6 =19
INT-3 =9
Rating-99.1

** '=' means what hes on pace for.
Career highs in comp%, Attempts and completions and Yards.

so please tell me this was sarcasm haha.
One very telling stat - good stuff, btw, thank you - is that his TD's keep getting lower and lower. That's a very bad trend. He started by tying Peyton Mannings rookie record, but 2014 was a down year for RW and his TD's were lower too. They're on pace to be even lower yet this season. Red Zone inefficiency.

I'm of half a mind to track Bevell's play calling in the red zone and see if a pattern emerges.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Giblien":3v8lgq5g said:

It's hilarious, how people didn't see what I said as a joke and took it literally.

Well, if you didn't know, which you clearly didn't see, I was poking fun at Wilson's expense.

You are kidding yourself if you believe Wilson hasn't been playing well.

I'm not the type of fan that will look at all games and automatically start seeing W's across the board. You watch the team play and you look at trends among how the team operates and plays and more and more you are less optimistic about each game.

I think fans are so used to seeing success with this team and they cannot see what's obvious with their own two eyes. This isn't the same team that was successful.

The fire is not there. The excitement isn't there. The team doesn't have "It" anymore. That is my personal opinion but I can admit I see a whole of problems with this team this year.

I'm more excited to watch UDub games than Seahawks games.

But that's just me.

Something is missing with this team and its almost as if the players don't seem to care either.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3d8ms5cf said:
Cant tell you why Bevell called a play for all short routes on 1st and 17 but yes Wilson looked like he was not on the same page as the receivers on that play. It could have been that Wilson was looking for a longer route. Maybe a presnap look at Lockett for double move that never happened. Frustrating to watch.
You don't need all 17 yards in one play. If the defense is ignoring the short routes and getting to the QB too fast for anything deep to open up, you have to take the short passes and bank on some YAC.

One encouraging thing about this play is our receivers are not on top of each other. Bevell frustrates the hell out of me when 2 or 3 routes all end up in the same place at the same time. Not only do receivers fight each other for the ball, but there all bring their defenders with them meaning there are more DBs in the area to break up the pass, go for the interception, or make the immediate tackle. I just don't understand it.