Russell Wilson

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":18uayhpg said:
Is playing terribly.

Wilson seriously hasn't been playing poorly. He has a new contract and the team just isn't playing as well overall so your expectations have changed. Save for being sacked a ton he's basically on pace for all of his career averages.

If Wilson and the Hawks keep performing at this level all season you'll basically have the Colin Kaepernick story from last year: a younger QB who more or less plateaus which gets talked about as falling off a cliff.

chawx

Reaction score
post-59921-hows-it-working-out-for-you-be-Kx07.gif

mrkyle

Reaction score
In this massive passing NFL I think seahawks this year have a long road. They could grind away some wins, Arizona, is kind of a front runner, I still think San Fran, matches up good with seattle and will give them a dog fight.

The problem always with great defenses like seattle has seen last 3 years, is that the core guys start getting older, and that small margin all of a sudden passes are coming in that didnt before, and guys arent quite getting to the qb's.

Wilson is a great improviser, rollout guy, great on the run, but his pocket passing, and get ball out to quick guy is suspect.

I think maybe seattle needs to hire a really good qb coach and work with Russell, on some mechanics, and quick out stuff.
Many time when lines look like shit. It more of a unsure qb than anything,

Wilson is a natural, very accurate, tough as nails, elusive. I think he is a little raw, with some work could be there in top 5 qb's.

Seattle could easily wildcard into playoffs, win the division, but in the competive NFC you could easily see them slipping out of playoffs.

New York, Dallas, Philliy, Greem bay, Minnesota, Atlanta, Carolina, Seattle, Arizona all playoff looking teams.

Will see who comes from this.

Seahawk79

Reaction score
Yet these great numbers don't equate to the scoreboard, 1 TD and 1 INT isn't going to win many games. Neither will 13 and 17 points. Or 9 scoreless possessions againat an elite O. Russ is a good QB, there's no questioning that... But until he starts putting points on the scoreboard, the D is going to flame out after so many empty trips by the O. It's not on the line or playcalling as much Wilson, when he's aggressive and letting it rip he's a future HOF'er. When he's tentative and indecisive he is barely average, visually mission open WR's and leaving good pockets. I'm confident he will get it going, the fellas make the catches when he gives them the chance!

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Davidess":33faytly said:
RW is playing terribly? you realize hes passing better then he has his whole career right?

2012 stat line-
Att-393
Comp- 252
Comp%- 64.1
Att/G-24.6
YDS- 3,118
AYP- 7.9
YDS/G 194.9
TD 26
INT-10
INT %-2.5
Rating- 100.0

Att-407
Comp-257
Comp %-63.1
Att/G-25.4
YDS- 3,357
AYP- 8.2
YDS/G 209.8
TD-26
INT-9
Rating-101.2

ATT-452
Comp- 285
Comp %- 63.1
Att/G 28.2
YDS- 3,475
AYP 7.7
YDS/G 217.2
TD-20
INT-7
Rating-95.0

2015 (through 5 games)
ATT-150 =480
Comp-106 =339
Comp %-70.7
Att/G-30.0
Yds-1,192 =3814
AYP-7.9
Yds/G-238.4
TD-6 =19
INT-3 =9
Rating-99.1

** '=' means what hes on pace for.
Career highs in comp%, Attempts and completions and Yards.

so please tell me this was sarcasm haha.

Put down the stats book and watch the games. He's missing opportunities, holding the ball too long, taking too many needless sacks, not converting 3rd downs at critical times, and ignoring the underneath routes to the extent that opposing teams don't bother covering our receivers within 5 yards of the LOS because Wilson almost never throws there.

None of that is reflected in attempts, completions, or rating, but it's all killing us.

Wilson is now one of the top-paid QBs in the NFL, yet the team has been reliant on defense and special teams scores bolster its scoring to merely average.

That's simply not good enough, regardless of what the numbers say. If his rating is high, maybe it's a result of playing it too safe - taking a sack where he might otherwise throw a jump ball to, say, Jimmy freaking Graham.

Also keep in mind that we're not paying Wilson to compare favorably with his previous seasons. We're paying him to compete favorably with the best in the NFL, since he wants to be paid like the best in the NFL.

Giblien

Reaction score
It amazes me how many people on here poke fun at Wilson for his abstinence. As if him abstaining from sex outside of marriage is a bad thing...you know, because nothing bad ever happens when people have sex when they aren't married...

:roll:

Anyone who has tried can tell you it takes more of a man to RESIST temptation than to give in (especially with a woman as good looking as Ciara...come on...). I give him a TON of credit for abstaining, and even more so for saying it publicly. Good on him. But if you think that the Seahawks, and Wilson are struggling due in major part because he isn't having sex...you have lost your mind.

There might be a correlation between stress, anxiety and sexual release, but it's not causing Kam to whiff on coverages, the O-line to be inconsistent or the run game to be plagued with injuries...not to mention we do have a guy named Darrell Bevell making the play calls :pukeface: . Wilson is actually on pace for a higher QB rating this year than last.

So stop with this nonsense...please. You are just showing yourself to not be good at that whole "thinking" thing.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Im not sure why people even actually think he is abstaining. Oh, because he said so. Well, that settles it. Go ask Bristol Palin about that.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Giblien":3bbuz5p3 said:
It amazes me how many people on here poke fun at Wilson for his abstinence. As if him abstaining from sex outside of marriage is a bad thing...you know, because nothing bad ever happens when people have sex when they aren't married...

:roll:

Anyone who has tried can tell you it takes more of a man to RESIST temptation than to give in (especially with a woman as good looking as Ciara...come on...). I give him a TON of credit for abstaining, and even more so for saying it publicly. Good on him. But if you think that the Seahawks, and Wilson are struggling due in major part because he isn't having sex...you have lost your mind.

There might be a correlation between stress, anxiety and sexual release, but it's not causing Kam to whiff on coverages, the O-line to be inconsistent or the run game to be plagued with injuries...not to mention we do have a guy named Darrell Bevell making the play calls :pukeface: . Wilson is actually on pace for a higher QB rating this year than last.

So stop with this nonsense...please. You are just showing yourself to not be good at that whole "thinking" thing.

Sorry you have lost your sense of humor. Recent surveys have proven people with an active sex life have a better sense of humor.

Why do you think his throws seem so weak this year? Where's the zip we used to see in his throws? Couldn't be because his right arm is tired from.....?

Let's face it, he's always had problems leaving the pocket to soon (reason for his divorce?), but doesn't it appear even more so this year? Could it be because he's out of practice concerning staying power?

Two cents.

mrt144

Reaction score
Can someone check on lymonhawk to ensure a pitbull isn't posting from his or her account?

dutchman063

Reaction score
davidonmi":144y5cld said:
Missing_Clink":144y5cld said:
Underrated possible psychological concern in my opinion. Numerous studies show that a good sex life can dramatically improve your overall quality of life. I can't imagine dating a hard 10 like Ciara and never getting any. All that repressed sexual energy can't be good. Unless Wilson is actually gay and she's just a beard, it has to be affecting him.
a lot of people will dismiss this, but I think it's probably true.

I'll 3rd this...... and look what happened to tiger woods when he had his steady flow of hookers taken away

rideaducati

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1l17y8j2 said:
Underrated possible psychological concern in my opinion. Numerous studies show that a good sex life can dramatically improve your overall quality of life. I can't imagine dating a hard 10 like Ciara and never getting any. All that repressed sexual energy can't be good. Unless Wilson is actually gay and she's just a beard, it has to be affecting him.

Body-wise, Ciara might be a 10, butterface looks like Kobe Bryant.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Sgt Largent":238l7d53 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":238l7d53 said:
evergreen":238l7d53 said:
Stop giving a shit if they're open. Throw it where the defender can't get it. Throw it fast,and throw it early. Throw it long. Stop running around and barely avoiding intentional grounding. Start making magic dude that's why you get the big bucks. Everyone here would rather have the old version of you and not the one on Rolling Stone. Do some push ups run a little have something left in the tank after three quarters. Stop talking about how awesome it is not to have sex with a fox. Can you imagine what the guys think of that? Hmm... Maybe Russell has to grow up a little...
Wilson did make a claim he was not gonna get some with her. The team probably does think he's gay.

Is this real life? Now your immature or soft or gay if you don't bang a girl based strictly on her appearance and the fact that she'd probably let you? Not only that, but it is most likely the cure for what ails him athletically on the field? :177692:

Absolutely incredible... :oops:
If you were to leave a live grenade lay in a cage full of baboons, eventually one of them is going to pull that little pin thingy. :lol:

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Hmmm.....maybe the reason Nowak is having so much trouble with his assignments is caused by him wondering what's poking him in the back while RW has both hands under center? :oops:

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
mrkyle":3pvb8xfb said:
...Wilson is a great improviser, rollout guy, great on the run, but his pocket passing, and get ball out to quick guy is suspect.

I think maybe seattle needs to hire a really good qb coach and work with Russell, on some mechanics, and quick out stuff.
Many time when lines look like shit. It more of a unsure qb than anything,

Wilson is a natural, very accurate, tough as nails, elusive. I think he is a little raw, with some work could be there in top 5 qb's.

Seattle could easily wildcard into playoffs, win the division, but in the competive NFC you could easily see them slipping out of playoffs.

New York, Dallas, Philliy, Greem bay, Minnesota, Atlanta, Carolina, Seattle, Arizona all playoff looking teams.

Will see who comes from this.
Given that we are a running team and fundamentally a play action zone blocking offense the qb'srelease time wont be as quick as it would be from shotgun. Run plays and play action allows more congestion in the middle of the field too thats probably why we are passing more from a spread this year. To be a quicker passing team the offense must be committed to working on it on. The timing/chemistry isnt quite there and it can be any combination of reasons besides just Wilson. We have some new receivers, unproven O line talent, and conservative playcalling that contributes to poor play.
No doubt we can improve our quick passing game with consistent personnel and a commitment to developing these plays. However, we cant forget that Wilson has beaten pressure when he holds the ball. He's won many games doing this just as Rodgers has.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Popeyejones":l2onank2 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":l2onank2 said:
Is playing terribly.

Wilson seriously hasn't been playing poorly. He has a new contract and the team just isn't playing as well overall so your expectations have changed. Save for being sacked a ton he's basically on pace for all of his career averages.

If Wilson and the Hawks keep performing at this level all season you'll basically have the Colin Kaepernick story from last year: a younger QB who more or less plateaus which gets talked about as falling off a cliff.
Even a Niner is more reasonable than some twelves are here.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
He's getting to third base but he's not hitting homeruns.

Translation: He's getting it in but he's not finishing.