Russell Wilson is #1 in total TDs

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2gt508b9 said:
32 TD's leads the nfl. 32 TD's with 11 picks, on THIS team, behind THAT O-Line? Pretty damn good.
And for Russ, 11 is actually kind of high. But that is basically a 3 to 1 ratio, hard to complain about that.

Another interesting stat.

Tom Brady-sacked 33 times
Russ-Sacked 40 times

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, you don't think of the Pats having a less than stellar o-line, but he's been hit quite a bit this season. But, like Russ, just gets it done when it matters. I have never really understood the Brady hate, but oh well. He's the best we have ever seen.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3hribd2f said:
Yeah, you don't think of the Pats having a less than stellar o-line, but he's been hit quite a bit this season. But, like Russ, just gets it done when it matters. I have never really understood the Brady hate, but oh well. He's the best we have ever seen.

I enjoy watching masters like Brady, Peyton, Russ, Montana, Rogers, Favre, and others play. I may despise the Pats, but watching a master of their craft perform is awe inspiring.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Seriously.... one of the greatest single game performances ever by a QB.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You knew you were watching history, and as a football fan, that is something you appreciate. Shoot, I can't stand Rottenbarfer, but when they came here last time in that great battle, I had a new appreciation for just how damn good that guy is. Some of his throws, while on the move were just plain ridiculous.

adeltaY

Reaction score
getnasty":2ggdi0h9 said:
Scorpion05":2ggdi0h9 said:
getnasty":2ggdi0h9 said:
hawknation2017":2ggdi0h9 said:
Wilson is also #3 in total yards (passing + scrimmage).

#1 Tom Brady (4,387 passing yards + 28 rushing yards)
#2 Alex Smith (4,042 passing yards + 355 rushing yards)
#3 Russell Wilson (3,762 passing yards + 550 rushing yards)
#4 Ben Roethlisberger (4,251 passing yards + 47 rushing yards)
#5 Matthew Stafford (4,123 passing yards + 96 rushing yards)

Alex Smiths putting up numbers makes everyone else look rather unimpressive.

Or, Alex Smith could be having a great season. I'd love to have Kareem Hunt, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, and THAT offensive coaching staff under Andy Reid. Russell would flourish

You lost me at Alex Smith

This is awful logic. Does Nick Foles being #2 all time for single season TD/INT ratio invalidate that stat? Does the fact that Case Keenum has 12 wins make Tom Brad's season less impressive?

Alex is having a great year.

Jville

Reaction score
getnasty":syae5w2r said:
Anthony!":syae5w2r said:
Jville":syae5w2r said:
Wilson is riding a two week slump.

I'm hoping he can bounce back and finish.

Not sue I agree a 107 QB rating, 66% complt 2 tds no ints. He only has 21 attemtps. But by no means a bad game.

Don't forget he had 98% of our 126 yards too. Might have been his best game of the year.

There is also a stat driven site that ranks Russell Wilson at #11 with a QB rating of 59.4

But by all means, carry on with the cherry picking party. It's my mistake. I need to become more cognizant that cherry picking is a favorite pass time that often carries more weight than field performance.

My apologies if I rained on anyone's parade.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3pccskdu said:

Amen to that. He lifts the entire team by sheer force of will.

RW seems close to doing the same. Would love to see him get 3-5 seasons of a stronger supporting cast to put to bed the argument that he is or isn't a SB-quality QB.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
238 passing yards away from Russell's 3rd-consecutive 4,000-yard season.

4lt48k.jpg

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Made me think of when the M's would display "Edgar is good" after he had a great hit.
Well, clearly......Russ is good.

adeltaY

Reaction score
What happened to the passing offense? Everything seemed to be trending up mid season and Russ was on pace for 4600+ passing yards. Shame the December tear never happened.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
adeltaY":1eq9lxx0 said:
What happened to the passing offense? Everything seemed to be trending up mid season and Russ was on pace for 4600+ passing yards. Shame the December tear never happened.

i.jpg

:shock:

adeltaY

Reaction score
Ugh yeah you're right. Not mad at Russ about this, it's not all his fault I was just looking forward to a monster stat year earlier in the season. They're stoll pretty good.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":1cixxzr9 said:
We should merge this thread with the “is he worth it” one.

I’d say this answers that question.

:{)
No it does not really..
As posted above His big numbers are in 2nd half while he has looked like manure in the first half all year.
The numbers do not lie and how many games have we lost because of those first halves?
I am about winning and care less about inflated stats because your behind when you didn't need to be.
@20 million I expect you will take control like a Brady,Rodgers or Favre because you can.
Take control and play in the first like you would in the fourth!
I know the truth hurts believe me.The stats are great for fantasy football but for SB hopes not so much.

adeltaY

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1lmhxli1 said:
pmedic920":1lmhxli1 said:

No it does not really..
As posted above His big numbers are in 2nd half while he has looked like manure in the first half all year.
The numbers do not lie and how many games have we lost because of those first halves?
I am about winning and care less about inflated stats because your behind when you didn't need to be.
@20 million I expect you will take control like a Brady,Rodgers or Favre because you can.
I know the truth hurts believe me.The stats are great for fantasy football but for SB hopes not so much.

Brady, Rodgers, Brees all make mistakes and all have better supporting casts on offense than Russ, whether that be a run game, good OL, or both. Their play callers are better than what Russ has except maybe Rodgers.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3kod1bax said:
pmedic920":3kod1bax said:

No it does not really..

$20 million is standard now for starting QBs. Stafford, Carr, Luck, Palmer, Cousins, Flacco, Manning, etc. are all averaging well over $22+ million.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/ave ... arterback/

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2a0q2tua said:
SoulfishHawk":2a0q2tua said:
32 TD's leads the nfl. 32 TD's with 11 picks, on THIS team, behind THAT O-Line? Pretty damn good.
And for Russ, 11 is actually kind of high. But that is basically a 3 to 1 ratio, hard to complain about that.

Another interesting stat.

Tom Brady-sacked 33 times
Russ-Sacked 40 times

Rw leads the league in sacks, hits, and urries by a wide margin. We are also amongst the tops in drops this year #7, NE is 20th so way less drops