Russell Wilson is #1 in total TDs

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
JGreen79":2n9unc44 said:
I think I remember seeing a stat during the Eagles game, where the Seahawks are undefeated when leading by 10 at the half under Pete Carroll.

Actually I heard it was 4. Which is even more crazy.

Jville

Reaction score
Anthony!":297cnfa9 said:
Jville":297cnfa9 said:
NE has a much more disciplined offense.

Much more supportive of successful line play.

COACHING!

Scheme. One for a disciplined offense and another to accommodate improv.

No need to shout.

Jville

Reaction score
Anthony!":dk6akxch said:
Jville":dk6akxch said:
Anthony!":dk6akxch said:
Jville":dk6akxch said:

COACHING!

No need to shout.

Scheme is up to the coaches

Scheme is up to the head man. Everyone and everything else follows.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1hpq4rrl said:
How can we have a QB that productive while also having an offensive unit that often looks like it doesn’t even belong in the NFL? I honestly don’t understand how this is possible.
Because Russell Wilson is a one man gang.
Too bad he's too short, is being paid $20 Mil., and has the bad habit of pulling the ball down and scrambling too early :sarcasm_on:
LOL, It's SEVERAL players on the Defense that MANY HERE are swooning over when we WIN, and laying the blame at the feet of Russell Wilson for a loss.
Hell Seahawks fans, thanks to Troy Ache-man, & Joe Butt, we are now in discussion of how SHITTY he plays, EVEN when he helped to pull out that WIN......Go figger eh?

Anthony!

Reaction score
Jville":goc0jms4 said:
Anthony!":goc0jms4 said:
Jville":goc0jms4 said:
Anthony!":goc0jms4 said:
COACHING!

No need to shout.

Scheme is up to the coaches

Scheme is up to the head man. Everyone and everything else follows.

You mean the Head Coach? Like I said coaches

Jville

Reaction score
Hierarchy ...... anthony ..... hierarchy.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2s7um0eh said:
How can we have a QB that productive while also having an offensive unit that often looks like it doesn’t even belong in the NFL? I honestly don’t understand how this is possible.
That's the million dollar question. Its also honestly why I think Bevell isn't going anywhere.[emoji51]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Carroll is not a great offensive coach, like Belichick. He is an amazing defensive minded coach whose overall philosophy tends to get the best out of all his players. His best offensive play is probably the screen to the RB or FB out of the backfield, but even that play is less effective without a true fullback. He needs a genius coach on the offensive side of the ball who can rival his own genius on the defensive side. He is lacking that right now. There is only so much Russell Wilson can do to steer a rudderless ship.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Jville":1tep1wcr said:
Hierarchy ...... anthony ..... hierarchy.

Dude his title is Head Coach, I think PC, DB, and able are all part of the problem

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Jville":1rtoap0e said:

That was his whole point....With NE's O-Line, Wilson's numbers would likely be off the charts.

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawknation2017":ld003z6b said:
Carroll is not a great offensive coach, like Belichick. He is defensive minded coach whose overall philosophy tends to get the best out of all his players. His best offensive play is probably the screen to the RB or FB out of the backfield, but even that play is less effective without a true fullback. He needs a genius coach on the offensive side of the ball who can rival his own genius on the defensive side. He is lacking that right now. There is only so much Russell Wilson can do to steer a rudderless ship.

The question is if he had one would he let him run the offense or hold him back

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Anthony!":1i133vtp said:
hawknation2017":1i133vtp said:
Carroll is not a great offensive coach, like Belichick. He is defensive minded coach whose overall philosophy tends to get the best out of all his players. His best offensive play is probably the screen to the RB or FB out of the backfield, but even that play is less effective without a true fullback. He needs a genius coach on the offensive side of the ball who can rival his own genius on the defensive side. He is lacking that right now. There is only so much Russell Wilson can do to steer a rudderless ship.

The question is if he had one would he let him run the offense or hold him back

Of course he would. The offense we are running now is Bevell's. Bevell designs and calls all of the (incompetent) plays. As evidence, the Seahawks have hardly run the ball at all over the last two seasons. They are 20th in rushing attempts this year (and were 20th last year) despite Russell Wilson's league-leading scrambles. We have no fullback to support the running game and provide a safety valve for the QB, as was typical of Carroll's offenses over the years. We know Carroll would prefer the offense to be as strong on the ground as it is through the air. But that's not Bevell's offense. He has been given more than his fair opportunity to produce as a play caller and has failed, IMO.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":nmufz9u7 said:
Bigpumpkin":nmufz9u7 said:
Anthony!":nmufz9u7 said:
Russel also make up the most total offensive yards and tds of any player and is on pace for an NFL record

Percentage of total offensive yards - 82%
Percentage of total offensive TDs - 97%

No player in the SB era has done this. Now imagine he had some help

If we had a good RB and OL, then his stats would likely go down!

Not really we would still pass the ball, but more importantly, Rw would have more time.
LOL, Maybe Bevell can help Wilson up his game & bolster his numbers by showing him how to throw a bomb, then run downfield and catch it too. :smilingalien:

Jville

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2f6vb46g said:
Jville":2f6vb46g said:

That was his whole point....With NE's O-Line, Wilson's numbers would likely be off the charts.

Understood ...... My counter was that Wilson will never see a Brady era / NE style offensive line because different quarterback styles beget different offensive lines.

JGreen79

Reaction score
Aros":t9gdozv4 said:
JGreen79":t9gdozv4 said:
I think I remember seeing a stat during the Eagles game, where the Seahawks are undefeated when leading by 10 at the half under Pete Carroll.

Actually I heard it was 4. Which is even more crazy.

You're right. Found the screenshot I sent to my buddy who is an Eagles fan during the game.

47-0 when leading by 4 at the half since Russ came in... Wow...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171203-184712.png
    Screenshot_20171203-184712.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 2,109
OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Since that tweet, the Seahawks beat the Eagles after being up by 7 at halftime, so I guess they are 47-0 now when leading by at least four points at halftime.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Further proof the team is completely out-of-whack starting w/the coaching staff.

Wilson deserves 3-5 more seasons of a truly capable supporting cast and coaching crew.

Otherwise his remarkable potential is being wasted - as are the team's hopes of making it to the SB again.

MJ put up his most impressive playing stats w/the Bulls in the late 80's - but no titles.

Only when he was given a stronger supporting cast and new coaching scheme did he and the Bulls come to dominate. MJ was doing less - but winning more.

RW is in the same boat. Statistically putting up some impressive #'s but for a team that is not a serious playoff contender.