Russell Wilson did NOT win Offensive Player of the Week.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":12tf4ovn said:
So should we also count terrible throws that are nearly picked out of a QBs rating?
Yes, with the exception being balls that were tipped. I'd love to see that included, but it would HAVE to have some logical things put into it. Don't count cases where there is PI happening against the player on offense that is targeted, i.e., pushing a receiver down as the ball's getting thrown, turning what might have been a good pass into a bad one.

The more I think about it, this would be a tremendously difficult stat to quantify. I'm not sure it's possible with any degree of fairness, frankly; but I'd love it if it could be done. I'd also love it if they penalized QBs for passes the receiver has to adjust to, assuming the receiver is running a crisp/correct route.

chawx

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":dp33pkku said:
Wasn't Russell Wilson the first rookie to rush for 3 tds and throw for 1 in a game since the 1950s? And that was all in the first half. I think I read that somewhere, but I could be wrong.

I saw this somewhere too, that Russell Wilson was the first QB ever to run for 3 TDs and throw for one in the first half of a game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, Wilson's the first QB ever to do that. Not rookie, but QB, period. His game uniform's going up in Canton.

He's already got his foot in the door. I think I might have to buy plane tickets when the time comes to go to his enshrinement in about 20 years. :D

(Calm down, 49ers fans; I'm not expecting anything, just gleefully hoping, and making a semi-facetious remark based on Canton putting his uniform in the HoF for that game's performance.)

Latest posts