Geno Smith named NFC offensive player of the week

toffee

Reaction score
I am enjoying my ride in that pumpkin carriage and watch our QB winning accolades wearing his glass slippers. I am enjoying every second of it, at the envy and evil eyes from fans of other 31 franchises.

I shall shamelessly enjoy the ride and brag about it until I can't, what I don't know is why some 12s, self proclaimed fans aren't enjoying the moment?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I am enjoying my ride in that pumpkin carriage and watch our QB winning accolades wearing his glass slippers. I am enjoying every second of it, at the envy and evil eyes from fans of other 31 franchises.

I shall shamelessly enjoy the ride and brag about it until I can't, what I don't know is why some 12s, self proclaimed fans aren't enjoying the moment?
Likely it's because they've committed themselves as being smarter than the average 12 and going out on a limb & stating for a fact that Geno is too old & limited with his QB skills to rise to the RW level of play.
I myself am guilty of believing that he was not too good, but not too bad a Quarterback either, shows how much a Talent evaluator I ain't.
I think that there are also a LOT of naysayers who bought into the 'Geno is a Crap Quarterback' from the Think They Know Better Experts from around the Nation, and just assumed that all the hyperbole from all those jokers were all FACT BASED.
Going from Russ to Geno without having a few hiccups? nope.
DK Metcalf & Tyler Lockett have bought into having Geno Smith as their guy, and the fact that their numbers are starting to get better, shows that they're starting to meld with Geno.
I believe that we are all going to see the entire Offense getting better & better as the season progresses.
Geno has worked his ass off and deserves all these accolades.

toffee

Reaction score
Likely it's because they've committed themselves as being smarter than the average 12 and going out on a limb & stating for a fact that Geno is too old & limited with his QB skills to rise to the RW level of play.
I myself am guilty of believing that he was not too good, but not too bad a Quarterback either, shows how much a Talent evaluator I ain't.
I think that there are also a LOT of naysayers who bought into the 'Geno is a Crap Quarterback' from the Think They Know Better Experts from around the Nation, and just assumed that all the hyperbole from all those jokers were all FACT BASED.
Going from Russ to Geno without having a few hiccups? nope.
DK Metcalf & Tyler Lockett have bought into having Geno Smith as their guy, and the fact that their numbers are starting to get better, shows that they're starting to meld with Geno.
I believe that we are all going to see the entire Offense getting better & better as the season progresses.
Geno has worked his ass off and deserves all these accolades.
I was not a Geno guy, in fact, I didn't even want him as our backup because I preferred a younger backup with 'upside' and future trade value. When he enter the game against the RAM, I switched channel, didn't want to waste time watching Geno WHO.

Geno's 98 yards TD drive immediate entering the game, years of rust, stone cold, got my attention. I read up on his, well, everything that I could find. With all the reading and watching, I accepted there's a Jet-Geno and a PeteBall-Geno, the difference? It's like comparing caterpillar to butterfly. With that I have been talking up Geno with charts, tables, etc etc. since the trade.

His combine measurable was like between Russ and Mahomes, see for yourself:

QB Combine