Russel Wilson Deserves A Better Program Around Him.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
How many of you were around the Seahawks before "Pete Carroll " era? How old are my fellow posters? Pete Carroll is the best head coach in the history of this organization and his record throughout the regular season and playoffs prove it! We have winning seasons and make the playoffs. No team (except NE) makes the SB every season. Pete has had a terrific run and it's still going. Fans calling for his head should look at history and re-evaluate where were at!
Where were you 12's at in the 90's when we were just happy to beat the Broncos or Raiders? Where were you 12's at when we lost to the Rams in 04 wildcard round? I was there and you know how I know most of you complaining now weren't? Because I bought 3rd row end zone 2 days before the game, easy for face value! So my point is, Pete has been pretty damn successful, in part because he takes chances, also because he's defensive minded, also because he can recruit. Knox couldn't keep it up, Holmgren couldn't keep the success going, Mora never had success, neither did all the other bums we had. Pete is still winning!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The old 'if you were around in the 90's' excuse again. Pete isnt the best coach the organization has had, he's the most successful coach the organization has had due to the talent laden roster we have. Big difference. Knox and Holmgren did more with less in my opinion.

As for this thread, Russ is a neat problem to have. Wish somebody else could take a turn at the wheel to drive him and the offense to score a little bit in the first half of games, but until then, everybody should at least feel gracious that we have a QB that can overcome the pathetic playcalling and allows us to win when we do.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":fyajs9lt said:
Pete isnt the best coach the organization has had, he's the most successful coach the organization has had due to the talent laden roster we have. Big difference.

And the coach has no role in assembling that roster?

getnasty

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1f1cwxvu said:
The old 'if you were around in the 90's' excuse again. Pete isnt the best coach the organization has had, he's the most successful coach the organization has had due to the talent laden roster we have. Big difference. Knox and Holmgren did more with less in my opinion.

As for this thread, Russ is a neat problem to have. Wish somebody else could take a turn at the wheel to drive him and the offense to score a little bit in the first half of games, but until then, everybody should at least feel gracious that we have a QB that can overcome the pathetic playcalling and allows us to win when we do.

Why do you think are roster is so talented? A huge part of that is Pete Carroll and his ablitiy to develop talent, that's part of being a coach. I highly doubt a lot of these guys have this kind of success in other systems. To say Pete isn't the best coach to ever roam the sidelines in Seattle is wrong.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seymour":2d0gefw0 said:
xStickybudz":2d0gefw0 said:
Seafan":2d0gefw0 said:
The Hawk receivers deserve a more consistent passer.

Sir the only reason this team is a perennial playoff team is because of the man making those passes, not the other way around. Without russ this team is a good Defense with nothing else

May as well say that to a brick wall. Some people don't understand what "you take the good with the bad" means and never will get it.
You weigh it all out and at the end of the day if you are still near the top of your position group then you accept it and work to improve it. You don't throw it away and live with more Tavaris Jackson years "looking for that guy".

You know it is funny as everyone in the NFL including Brady needs to work on something, no Qb even Brady makes every pass, sees every open guy, etc etc. But for some anything less is just a reason to complain.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
adeltaY":3v6068ia said:
Seafan":3v6068ia said:

LOL, you mean the receivers/TEs who dropped four passes that hit them in the hands today? Or who weren't getting open and forcing him to do acrobatics to try to keep the play alive? I actually can't think of an inaccurate throw save the pick and the underthrow to Lockett in the endzone. This was on a very windy day too.

The dream: PC continues as HC and works wonders as a master motivator and DB guru with strong influence on the defensive side. He hires a new, creative OC who has full control over the offense OR he gives Bev the licence to call the plays as he sees fit without adhering to any philosophy Pete sets out.

We can dream, eh?

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
xStickybudz":3f2b7fte said:
Seafan":3f2b7fte said:

Sir the only reason this team is a perennial playoff team is because of the man making those passes, not the other way around. Without russ this team is a good Defense with nothing else

Agreed. I've commented regularly on RW's inherent physical challenges to play top-tier in this league of giants but he has ample talent and a heart to win each and every game.

He deserves better, not the other way around.

mrt144

Reaction score
getnasty":2030msrn said:
semiahmoo":2030msrn said:
@ the end of last season I warned this year might be Pete's final year in Seattle. I feel the same but even more justified in saying so. Over the course of this season many more in here have joined in my concern over the program as a whole.

RW deserves something better and I just don't think Pete is the guy to deliver Seattle a top-tier franchise anymore.

I would add I have been very impressed with how RW has played for much of this season and can only imagine what he could do with a more competent/consistent line and running game. The chemistry we have all hoped for between he and Graham is finally showing up (though we could very well lose Big Jimmy in the off season) the passes are crisp, RW's speed is def. back, and more important, he's showing a willingness to make mistakes/take risks which is a hallmark of very great HoF QB.

Unfortunately RW has surpassed the coaching staff by several levels and the organization needs to be prepared to put the staff in place that can give RW, the team, and the fans, a legit powerhouse contender over the next 3-5 seasons which could prove RW's most productive yet should he stay healthy.

Yes, I know some will say be careful what you wish for, that what replaces Pete could be much worse, etc., but I'm convinced it's worth the risk to avoid the pretender status our Hawks have been the last few seasons.

Wilson is a talent actually right now truly coming into his own. That might sound odd given he already has a ring but that ring was from a very different team of which he played a role and not always the most important one. Now the stage is/should be his. Give him the supporting cast from the coaches on down to make it happen. He's getting that look that tells me he's finally comfortable demanding these things. I say good on him.

Get it done. Give RW the personnel he needs and then let us sit back and see how far his remarkable talent can take us.

Who you hiring?

Just from the Pac-12:

David Shaw?
Chris Peterson?

I mean, you're going to have to answer the question yourself eventually, why not get ahead of the game instead of just saying nope until you have to say yes.

getnasty

Reaction score
mrt144":2ts0z8h2 said:
getnasty":2ts0z8h2 said:
semiahmoo":2ts0z8h2 said:
@ the end of last season I warned this year might be Pete's final year in Seattle. I feel the same but even more justified in saying so. Over the course of this season many more in here have joined in my concern over the program as a whole.

RW deserves something better and I just don't think Pete is the guy to deliver Seattle a top-tier franchise anymore.

I would add I have been very impressed with how RW has played for much of this season and can only imagine what he could do with a more competent/consistent line and running game. The chemistry we have all hoped for between he and Graham is finally showing up (though we could very well lose Big Jimmy in the off season) the passes are crisp, RW's speed is def. back, and more important, he's showing a willingness to make mistakes/take risks which is a hallmark of very great HoF QB.

Unfortunately RW has surpassed the coaching staff by several levels and the organization needs to be prepared to put the staff in place that can give RW, the team, and the fans, a legit powerhouse contender over the next 3-5 seasons which could prove RW's most productive yet should he stay healthy.

Yes, I know some will say be careful what you wish for, that what replaces Pete could be much worse, etc., but I'm convinced it's worth the risk to avoid the pretender status our Hawks have been the last few seasons.

Wilson is a talent actually right now truly coming into his own. That might sound odd given he already has a ring but that ring was from a very different team of which he played a role and not always the most important one. Now the stage is/should be his. Give him the supporting cast from the coaches on down to make it happen. He's getting that look that tells me he's finally comfortable demanding these things. I say good on him.

Get it done. Give RW the personnel he needs and then let us sit back and see how far his remarkable talent can take us.

Who you hiring?

Just from the Pac-12:

David Shaw?
Chris Peterson?

I mean, you're going to have to answer the question yourself eventually, why not get ahead of the game instead of just saying nope until you have to say yes.

I mentioned both of these guys in another thread but that doesn't me i think Pete should or will go anywhere. Let's just start talking about Russell Wilsons replacement while were at it, were gonna have to sooner or later.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Anthony!":3cc0frzz said:
Seafan":3cc0frzz said:

LOL you mean more consistant then the 2nd best all time QBr leader, which is what we have. thanks for the laugh though
Yes, that guy. The one who has dropped to 13th in passer rating in 2017.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
getnasty":ybl2e7eu said:
mrt144":ybl2e7eu said:
getnasty":ybl2e7eu said:
semiahmoo":ybl2e7eu said:

Who you hiring?

Just from the Pac-12:

David Shaw?
Chris Peterson?

I mentioned both of these guys in another thread but that doesn't me i think Pete should or will go anywhere. Let's just start talking about Russell Wilsons replacement while were at it, were gonna have to sooner or later.

I'm thinking later.

JimmyG

Reaction score
The thing about Wilson is that he plays backyard football so much I'm not sure how much of a difference coaching is going to make. I lost count of the number of times yesterday that he held the ball for 4+ seconds yesterday. You do not see him "climb" the pocket very often, he almost always takes off and starts dancing at the first hint of pressure.

To be clear, his improvisation is great. But improvisation like that is basically the antithesis to play design/coaching.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shouldn't matter what it looks like, he gets results. His entire career, people have complained about the way he plays football. Countless amount of scrambles in his career, extending plays while running for his life, only to result in a huge play. Often in the 4th quarter and OT. He gets it done his way, the fascination with how it looks after all the years is funny.

2_0_6

Reaction score
JimmyG":n20ehgvh said:
To be clear, his improvisation is great. But improvisation like that is basically the antithesis to play design/coaching.

When Russ gets 3.09 seconds to throw (31st) per PFF last week, yet the OC designs WR routes that take 3-4 seconds to develop. He needs to improvise and buy time to create something out of nothing.

Many times this season I have seen free rushers come at Russ and the WR's backs are still facing him.

Crizilla

Reaction score
hgwellz12":38nfdgxk said:
I really like and appreciate what Pete built, but it's a copycat league + a league where if you stay stagnant, you're going to be figured out swiftly by the other top tier programs and sadly this is where we're at. If we end up winning less than 10 games this year, and/or miss the playoffs, does anyone other than the Sioux hawk have a compelling argument to the contrary?

This. The Seahawks coaching staff is being eaten alive by the monster they created.

Anthony!

Reaction score
JimmyG":3eh3fun9 said:
Anthony!":3eh3fun9 said:
Seafan":3eh3fun9 said:

LOL you mean more consistant then the 2nd best all time QBr leader, which is what we have. thanks for the laugh though
Yes, that guy. The one who has dropped to 13th in passer rating in 2017.

You mean the guy who is responsible for over 80% of the offensive yards and 96% of the offensive tds that guy, the only guy in NFL history since the SB to do that that guy?

Anthony!

Reaction score
JimmyG":oqmkgjoq said:
The thing about Wilson is that he plays backyard football so much I'm not sure how much of a difference coaching is going to make. I lost count of the number of times yesterday that he held the ball for 4+ seconds yesterday. You do not see him "climb" the pocket very often, he almost always takes off and starts dancing at the first hint of pressure.

Really even when you HC and OC say it is part of their game plan? As to the rest about not climbing etc yeah he did it several times yesterday take your hater glasses off you might have seen it, also took a few hits in the pocket standing tall to get the ball out again take the glasses off.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Crizilla":jgk1wred said:
hgwellz12":jgk1wred said:
I really like and appreciate what Pete built, but it's a copycat league + a league where if you stay stagnant, you're going to be figured out swiftly by the other top tier programs and sadly this is where we're at. If we end up winning less than 10 games this year, and/or miss the playoffs, does anyone other than the Sioux hawk have a compelling argument to the contrary?

This. The Seahawks coaching staff is being eaten alive by the monster they created.

True. We are being outcoached time and again.

And don't think the players don't know that.

Thank you to Pete Carroll, but his time has come and gone...