Russ

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1cgrocrc said:
I see plenty of discussion both positive and negative. I also see that when someone posts something that is not factual and sometimes absurd then it’s going to be called out. I’m personally ok if someone has a negative take I just don’t care for posts that push opinion as indisputable fact. Back your claims with data and offer some context and maybe others even those that disagree might take something from it.

I’m with you. I have no problem with different opinions and arguing with stats, plays, etc. I just hate people, even ones that disagree with mine, getting told to shut up. If you don’t like someone’s posts just add them to your ignore list. I did that with John63 since I didn’t ever see any thing new or insightful but just a consistent blind opinion. But he has every right to that opinion and I have every right to not read it.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
The basis that the QB is the highest paid player so deserves no criticism is pretty weak, Goff, Tebow, and a 1000 others have played the position got drafted and then disappeared from the league. How many QB's did the Browns draft, Dolphins still trying to replace Marino, Rapistburger makes a pretty good salary also yet you don't expect his fans in Pittsburgh to point out hos issues?

So please as fans we have every right to point out fallacies in their play. Which is what we are doing not saying he is bad, not saying he sucks, saying he has holes he needs to clean up to be looked upon as Legendary as he wants, or MVP as many here want.

5thgen

Reaction score
Highest completion percentage? That's because he holds the ball too damn long and ends up getting sacked instead of making an attempt.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
5thgen":32e8yevh said:
Highest completion percentage? That's because he holds the ball too damn long and ends up getting sacked instead of making an attempt.

Prime example of opinion as fact with zero context. Eleven sacks, Stafford has been sacked 3 times, the lowest for starting QB. So even if Russ threw the ball away 8 times he would still be near the top in %. So what exactly is your point?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Did we win on Sunday? Just checking. Certainly doesn't feel like it on here.

And yet another impressive stat for Russ: The ONLY QB since 1975 to have a rating of 110 and 0 interceptions in each of the first 4 games of a season.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":w8pf7wf9 said:
5thgen":w8pf7wf9 said:

Prime example of opinion as fact with zero context. Eleven sacks, Stafford has been sacked 3 times, the lowest for starting QB. So even if Russ threw the ball away 8 times he would still be near the top in %. So what exactly is your point?

Also, from my memory most of his sacks have been happening on 3rd and longs. So better to take a sack then force something and cause a turnover.

John63

Reaction score
A_Biased_Fan":1zae3iwk said:
Flyingsquad23":1zae3iwk said:
5thgen":1zae3iwk said:

Also, from my memory most of his sacks have been happening on 3rd and longs. So better to take a sack then force something and cause a turnover.

And add in he can't throw it away if he is in the pocket.

so lets start with 3rd down

yards needed
1-5 12 or 31%
6-10 27 or 69%

That is the problem with our 3rd down way too many 3rd and long.

Sacks

7 were 3rd and long
1 was 2nd and long
1 was first and long meaning over 10 yards
2 were 1st and normal

82% on what is long for the down

63% on 3rd and long

BamKam

Reaction score
He needs to use his legs more and glad that we saw it last week. I know he is all gung ho and proving to everyone he is a pocket passer, but taking away his running ability makes it a lot easier for defenses to shut him down. Sure he isn't as nimble as he was 10 years ago, but he can still easily pick up big chunks of yards when his WRs are all being draped over.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I still have yet to have anyone answer this question." What team got better by trading their first ballot HOF QB in their prime?" Name one.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
John63":3omn2ioa said:
A_Biased_Fan":3omn2ioa said:
Flyingsquad23":3omn2ioa said:
5thgen":3omn2ioa said:

And add in he can't throw it away if he is in the pocket.

so lets start with 3rd down

yards needed
1-5 12 or 31%
6-10 27 or 69%

That is the problem with our 3rd down way too many 3rd and long.

Sacks

7 were 3rd and long
1 was 2nd and long
1 was first and long meaning over 10 yards
2 were 1st and normal

82% on what is long for the down

63% on 3rd and long

Thank you, that is what my eyes were telling me. I would prefer they have some designs to just check it down and see if a guy can break one on some of these. But as the plays are designed, taking a sack was the best option on those.

Latest posts