Rumor: Seahawks talking to Giants about Kam trade

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":239m8gtr said:
Or Schneider can compromise.

He can put together a series of individual and team goals, and if those are met, then we agree to amend the contract to put more guaranteed $ there. At the very least, exceeding the Cary Williams deal. (I agree with you on the CJ thing, I think that signing that piece of crap is the reason we are having the problem in the first place. They should have realized that paying some outsider to come in more than a "good soldier" like Kam was going to have a cost. That cost was either losing Kam's willingness to sacrifice himself for the team, or having to pay Kam more appropriately - probably both).

Then, if Kam balls out and we get to the SB - fine, rework the deal and give him the guaranteed $. He will have earned it.

If not, then at least you did what you could within the limits of what you are able. But just to expect you can pay a crappy corner that gets torched by Dallas regularly what a HOF quality safety gets - that is crazy.

Right now, we need to determine what the value of Kam on the team is, and then figure out the reasonable cost. Trading him away is idiotic. Whatever value you preserve in keeping talent lining up at the table is lost when Kam leaves. He is not easily replaceable. Same problem with making him a FA, but I suppose you could dangle that option as a sweetner to get a deal in place this year.

:lol: at blaming this on Cary Williams.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1mo9prnq said:
I can't believe I bought his jersey. He's dead to me

Now you know how I felt with my Percy Harvin jersey

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
"That means that by failing to report today, Chancellor cost himself $267,647"

Who is up for giving Michael Bennett a 267K bonus today?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":28kuqkzn said:

Grumpy-Cat-NO-2.jpg

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Dion Bailey is a 6 foot 205 pound safety an Undrafted. Man how things change. No Kam makes it a very different defense an Earl Thomas has not even had contact yet. Gonna be an interesting Sunday

McGruff

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ges5edv said:
TwistedHusky":1ges5edv said:
Or Schneider can compromise.

He can put together a series of individual and team goals, and if those are met, then we agree to amend the contract to put more guaranteed $ there. At the very least, exceeding the Cary Williams deal. (I agree with you on the CJ thing, I think that signing that piece of crap is the reason we are having the problem in the first place. They should have realized that paying some outsider to come in more than a "good soldier" like Kam was going to have a cost. That cost was either losing Kam's willingness to sacrifice himself for the team, or having to pay Kam more appropriately - probably both).

Then, if Kam balls out and we get to the SB - fine, rework the deal and give him the guaranteed $. He will have earned it.

If not, then at least you did what you could within the limits of what you are able. But just to expect you can pay a crappy corner that gets torched by Dallas regularly what a HOF quality safety gets - that is crazy.

Right now, we need to determine what the value of Kam on the team is, and then figure out the reasonable cost. Trading him away is idiotic. Whatever value you preserve in keeping talent lining up at the table is lost when Kam leaves. He is not easily replaceable. Same problem with making him a FA, but I suppose you could dangle that option as a sweetner to get a deal in place this year.

:lol: at blaming this on Cary Williams.

I blame it on Kam Chancellor, even though I understand where he is coming from. But yes, I think Cary's contract played into it (and to a much lesser extent Russ and Bobby). I think if we were paying Maxwell $10 million, Kam would be here. I think paying an outside gun to join the legion that kind of coin set a proud man like Kam off the deep end. Especially after Cary showed up for OTA's and couldn't hold a candle to the rest of the legion.

Cartire

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3ci9g0hm said:
Hasselbeck":3ci9g0hm said:
Tech Worlds":3ci9g0hm said:
I can't believe I bought his jersey. He's dead to me

Now you know how I felt with my Percy Harvin jersey

I still don't understand why anyone bought a Percy Harvin jersey.

Thats not fair. The capital we gave up for him both in picks and his bloated contract, was more then convincing that he would be a Hawk for a long while. Plus his athleticism was never in question. He's a freak athlete, just to many screws loose in the head.

(PS, I didnt buy one)

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
This just sucks.. I love the guy but this sucks.

I also think Bennett knew Kam was holding out and decided against it. I believe had Kam showed up, Bennett wouldn't have. Just speculation of course.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":2yr3qpi8 said:
This just sucks.. I love the guy but this sucks.

I also think Bennett knew Kam was holding out and decided against it. I believe had Kam showed up, Bennett wouldn't have. Just speculation of course.

I think Bennett also see's Frank Clark and realizes with Clark there he isn't getting more money.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I can confirm with McG says about Chancellor and drafting him the year he came out. He's an exceptional athlete for a guy his size and a kick azz SS. I doubt anyone can put any of this nonsense fairly on the team; Kam's position here seems to be out to lunch and unlikely to succeed give the cap pressure the team is presently under.

As far as Bennett is concerned it seems to me that the team could find some extra $ for him after the season is done. This would be done recognizing that he has outplayed his contract. I think Kam may need to wait at least another whole year beyond this season before the team will regig his deal.

mrt144

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3a61e3dk said:

Do you play Lord of the Flies with your kids or what? :lol:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ud7236w said:
Trading him away is idiotic. Whatever value you preserve in keeping talent lining up at the table is lost when Kam leaves. He is not easily replaceable. Same problem with making him a FA, but I suppose you could dangle that option as a sweetner to get a deal in place this year.

If you are not getting anything from him then its better to get something than nothing. I don't think I would call it idiotic.

RiverDog

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1wea5oq2 said:
Kam, like Browner & Lynch, is and will always be one of my favorite Seahawks.

Even when they no longer wear the uniform, like Browner.

Kam is also directly responsible for giving us that season of amazing football that resulted in one of the most dominant SuperBowl performances by a team, and was arguably the MVP of that game (unvoted).

I am going to give him a lot of slack because of that. And because I know there is a physical cost to the performance he provides. I think he is right and while I am disappointed, I am not sure why people feel it would be in his best interest to give the very small amount of leverage he has away. The only thing he can use to bring people back to the table is his unwillingness to play - and even the average football fan knows he is outplaying his contract by leaps & bounds.

I don't like the cost but I understand it, and I understand this is business not personal with the fans.

People break contracts all the time when it is in their best interest. That is why most contracts have a provision stipulating the cost of breaking the contract. So I am not going to get worked up about that.

But I am hopeful this can be resolved before it hurts the playoff chances.

Disappointed but hopeful.

That's probably as reasonable of a post as I've read in this thread. I'll always appreciate with Kam did for us, but I can understand why there are those that are discarding his jersey, to which my only advice is to next time, buy #12 like I did.

I've long since past the time of getting emotionally attached to players. I've seen too many of them turn into money grubbing selfish prima donnas, ie Alex Rodriguez, Steve Hutchinson, et al. Furthermore, I have never bought a jersey with someone else's number or name on the back as I refuse to worship them as if they are some sort of God. They are no better or worse than any of us. Russell Wilson is my favorite player since Steve Largent, but I refuse to buy a #3 jersey. Wearing #12 makes me feel more like I'm a part of the team anyway.

And speaking of Largent, he once returned to play in a game with the scabs during a strike, his logic being that his contract was his word, and he's always true to his word. You don't see that logic being applied anymore, do you?

BuZzB28

Reaction score
We should Kam trade to Mark Sanchez from Eagles and get 3 round for us. If Wilson will get an injured then Sanchez will get a great team and can get scores. The Eagles need help for defense and looking for SS.

kmeleon

Reaction score
BuZzB28":1g0pg3gm said:
We should Kam trade to Mark Sanchez from Eagles and get 3 round for us. If Wilson will get an injured then Sanchez will get a great team and can get scores. The Eagles need help for defense and looking for SS.
Seriously I hope you are drinking[emoji40]

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
kmeleon":1weqml0u said:
BuZzB28":1weqml0u said:
Seriously I hope you are drinking[emoji40]

Sanchez in 6 playoff games has the same ammount of TD than Luck in 6 playoff games..and WAY less INTS...too funny

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jammerhawk":aloj84bq said:
As far as Bennett is concerned it seems to me that the team could find some extra $ for him after the season is done. This would be done recognizing that he has outplayed his contract. I think Kam may need to wait at least another whole year beyond this season before the team will regig his deal.

I guess we blame how Pete and John handled Marshawn?

None of this crap happened before Marshawn got some extra money with two years left on his deal. Players here and everywhere knew not to have their hand out until they were in the last year of their deal.

Now a new precedent has been set, thus Kam's holdout. Which is why I think the Hawk's are being "petty." They're trying to restore the precedent, not continue down this rabbit hole of giving players new deals.........or moving money around for players with multiple years left.