Rumor - Matt Flynn trade imminent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seaman

Reaction score
Seneca was unbearable to watch. This regime will not resign the former linebacker/quarterback project. The draft always yields low round quarterbacks. and we have a bunch of low round picks.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 1m
Seahawks will get a 2013 draft pick and some sort of conditional pick in 2014 as part of the Matt Flynn trade, if it's completed.

pehawk

Reaction score
Seaman":1rkyjg3z said:
Seneca was unbearable to watch. This regime will not resign the former linebacker/quarterback project. The draft always yields low round quarterbacks. and we have a bunch of low round picks.

Wow.

Yes, all those dropped TD's, like 6 straight games without a pick, taking no sacks, committing few turnovers...HORRIBLE. I mean, he had Colbert and Koren to throw too (signed out of retirement), it was Seneca's fault they dropped TD after TD.

Seneca's too old. But I love the lazy revisionist history he conjures.

CornerHawk

Reaction score
hidn":311c97xf said:
It's a 5th this year and conditional 7th-5th next year.

Bank on it.

That's pretty much impossible being they don't have a 5th round pick to give up.

Happy

Reaction score
Kinda sounds like the seahawks are trying to do flynn a solid but his agent is being a bit greedy and might end up sinking the deal. will be interesting to find out the facts.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
pinksheets":1njz020f said:
NinerLifer":1njz020f said:
NFL.com has already removed their link to the talk of Flynn's trade being imminent. Looks like reporters are just as bad as guys on MB's who race to post a BREAKING NEWS thread without verification from credible sources.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... lynn-trade

The title used to include "imminent" in the verbage. Not to imminent if they are going to make another push for Palmer now.

Not saying that it won't happen, just saying that the press has yet again had fun with our emotions.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
hidn":nlinib4p said:

Bank on it.

That sounds logical...except that they don't have those kind of picks to give away and the Raiders don't use logic when making trades and will probably treat Flynn like he has won a SB with the compensation they give up for him.

hidn

Reaction score
NinerLifer":2drtg09f said:
hidn":2drtg09f said:

Bank on it.

That sounds logical...except the Raiders don't use logic when making trades and will probably treat Flynn like he has won a SB with the compensation they give up for him.

I was attempting to be facetious because at this point nobody actually knows what the trade details are, but the media is making conjectures.

As was pointed out. The reason I said a 5th this year is because the Raiders don't have a 5th.

I think I may have failed, miserably. I'm a bad troll.

Seaman

Reaction score
pehawk":3utr3zsw said:
Seaman":3utr3zsw said:

Wow.

Yes, all those dropped TD's, like 6 straight games without a pick, taking no sacks, committing few turnovers...HORRIBLE. I mean, he had Colbert and Koren to throw too (signed out of retirement), it was Seneca's fault they dropped TD after TD.

Wholeheartedly disagree. He just wasn't a quarterback, and never will be.

mikeak

Reaction score
sadhappy":1uov8por said:
Kinda sounds like the seahawks are trying to do flynn a solid but his agent is being a bit greedy and might end up sinking the deal. will be interesting to find out the facts.

His agent is doing his job. Seahawks will NOT cut Flynn. The savings don't justify it and if he is cut he will make more in a new contract over 2 years

It is not gready to stick what is best for your client

Jville

Reaction score
NinerLifer":8yfyde7m said:
hidn":8yfyde7m said:

Bank on it.

That sounds logical...except that they don't have those kind of picks to give away and the Raiders don't use logic when making trades and will probably treat Flynn like he has won a SB with the compensation they give up for him.

I think thats inaccurate. The new GM has a plan and is headed in a better direction.

Happy

Reaction score
mikeak":36r53lv1 said:
sadhappy":36r53lv1 said:

His agent is doing his job. Seahawks will NOT cut Flynn. The savings don't justify it and if he is cut he will make more in a new contract over 2 years

It is not gready to stick what is best for your client

If flynn wants to start but isn't willing to take less guaranteed money then he'll ride the pine in seattle and collect his check. and who's gonna want him after that, another year older.

If he really thinks he's starting material and that's what he wants, then this could be it. He'll make a lot more money in the long run if he pans out as a starting qb.

Seattle has shown that that try to accommodate a player's best interests if they don't fit into the team's long term plans (leon). If his agent wants to play hardball, the seahawks might not be so willing to work with his other clients.

pehawk

Reaction score
Seaman":39mz4buc said:
pehawk":39mz4buc said:
Seaman":39mz4buc said:

Wow.

Wholeheartedly disagree. He just wasn't a quarterback, and never will be.

Well, the one year he got extended playing time here, the only receiver who WASN'T a street free agent, was John Carlson...that was John's best year. IIRC, Seneca broke the Seahawks record for pass attemtpts without a INT. And, one of our resident tape watchers confirmed the Hawks averaged 1 dropped TD pass a game that year (street FA's). Oh, and no running game and a HORRIBLE Oline that year either.

So, he didn't turn the ball over, didn't take sacks, had the only NFL caliber player on that offense have a career year, but, he sucked.

He was a GOOD backup. Even in Cle he put up "safe" 19/24 170 or so numbers (with no TO's).

Or, what you said, you brought so much to the table.

nsport

Reaction score
pehawk":25s1l42a said:
Seaman":25s1l42a said:

Wow.

I didn't want to be baited into a Seneca Wallace thread - To his credit, he was an OK backup - but certainly not a growth / QBOTF type of QB. I would contend that he hurt the Seahawks (by Seattle's own self-infliction) because they were not grooming a QB for succession all those years he was here. And they wasted so much time trying to hybrid him as a backfield/WR skill player - and that never panned out - because you couldn't risk having to activate a QB3 every game he might get touched and potentially injured. Pure mismanagement by the old FO.

To bring this into today's discussion - it's the same thing in reverse. We have a hugely unique quarterback - and a plain QB as a QB2. Practice reps for these two players will look remarkably different - and that means that time will be drawn away from cohesivity (made up word!) among the offense (OL, WR, TE, and RB's). If the QB2 can run most of what Wilson can do, then overall the offense is better. If we kept Flynn, then the team balance and chemistry will be slightly hampered, and if he had to play due to injury, he's going to run a completely different offensive rhythm, which could be disastrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.