******Rumor .........make of it what you will***************

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I agree that the idea we failed on Harvin has any impact on making future moves.

As to making a correlation between the two. I'd just put it this way. When/if Suh leaves Detroit for Seattle, fans are going to howl.

When Harvin was traded to Seattle, they fell just short of hosting a civic parade.

Reaction score
Also keep in mind Washington doesn't have the taxes that most other states have. Suh could take a lower number but bring home the same or more as a bigger contract.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I don't buy the rumor. I do buy that Seattle would allot a very similar number to that contract, and that they will be in it for Suh, if he is willing to take less. It worked for Bennett, didn't work for Allen.

Bprez3

Reaction score
StaffAmerica74":3iglbagx said:
Also keep in mind Washington doesn't have the taxes that most other states have. Suh could take a lower number but bring home the same or more as a bigger contract.

That's a nice thought but flawed logic when it comes to athletes signing contracts. When looking at baseball players in Toronto or hockey players they do not take less money because of the state or country for which they will play. These guys are competitiors along with their agents. He will get his market value. What they do typically is make their primary residence in a state like Florida to seek a tax haven.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3r2g5d3h said:
http://overthecap.com/player/gerald-mccoy/1811/

Heres McCoys contract.

He only got a 2.5 m signing bonus... Most of his contract is front loaded with roster bonusrs and they used free cap in 2014 to give him a 12M boost that year. Smart.

But you take those last three years off McCoys contract, where the Bucs can cut him free of charge, no dead cap.

Its becomes about a 5 yr 57mil contract or 11.4 m apy.

So compare it with Suh at 4 yr, 55 m and 13.75 m
apy.

And tell me how much of a discount Suh is really taking on that contract or how its unfair.

Sorry, funked up my math. McCoys deal sans last three years is...

4 yrs, 56.8 m or 14.2 apy.

Still only .45 apy more than Suhs rumored deal.

Is that .45 apy discount worth it playing closer to home on a Championship ready roster.

I think so.

If anything it just shows the numbers are the same when you dont sugar coat it with years and money McCoy probably wont see.

motivated87

Reaction score
Thats would be awesome.I would let Maxwell walk for that.Tony Mcdaniel as well. if true at DT we would have. Mebane,Hill,Scrugs,Suh and hopefully Kevin williams back.I wonder if the Big Australian will be back at full strength.

kobebryant

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":7jhgdnzn said:
Excuse me, but I'm going to keep my rubber boots on for this one.

Aside from the fact that the Seahawks and Suh can't even talk right now, this is coming from a poster who just registered (45 posts)

In other words, if it looks like poo, and smell's like poo, it's probably poo - no need to taste it.

Funny, I actually thought the inverse.

I thought the 50+ posts, the proper grammar and punctuation made it less likely to be a trolling post.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":3g99dprn said:
Suh has stated that "he wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL" and that "his agent will decide where he plays football next year." Dude is about the cash. I'd be less shocked to see Carroll coach Super Bowl 50 wearing a tutu than I would be seeing Suh sign a deal like the OPs post says.

But how much of that is pricing himself out of Detroit as well as saying if "Im not on a Championship level roster then you better bring the bank"

Rumors are he wants to come to play for Seattle, not the other way around, and to make that happen obviously both sides have to make sacrifices.

Suh being the highest paid apy would only take 14 m apy.

If he wanted 16 apy its still only a 2.25 m apy discount.

To be honest thats chump change for a guy who has made over 64 m + endorsement money so far is NFL career.

A

Anonymous

kobebryant":2woh0ivk said:
The_Z_Man":2woh0ivk said:
Excuse me, but I'm going to keep my rubber boots on for this one.

Aside from the fact that the Seahawks and Suh can't even talk right now, this is coming from a poster who just registered (45 posts)

In other words, if it looks like poo, and smell's like poo, it's probably poo - no need to taste it.

Funny, I actually thought the inverse.

I thought the 50+ posts, the proper grammar and punctuation made it less likely to be a trolling post.

No no, proper presentation means reading it is possible without grimacing.

The content, however, is an entirely different animal.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Basis4day":3c8t3lf5 said:
The numbers you posted were his tackles, sacks, and snap count. Again. McDaniel's primary role is base defense DT whose main role is to eat space to allow other guys the opportunity to make plays. It's not a stats driven position. He primarily plays on 1st and 2nd down or short yardage situations. He doesn't play the same position as Mebane and Hill/Tukuafu/Dobbs are all nickel guys.

You also mentioned the D-Line rotation last year with guys like Bryant, Clem and McDonald. None of those guys played base DT. Bryant was a DE, Clem a Leo, and McDonald pass rushing Nickel DT. McDaniels doesn't play any of those positions so to conclude that he got benched for other players makes no sense.

Evidently I'm not the only one that was disappointed in McDaniels:

DT: NT Brandon Mebane is on the wrong side of 30 and has just one year left on his deal. Seattle's real weakness is at three technique, however, where 34-year-old Kevin Williams' contract is up and journeyman Tony McDaniel is coming off a poor season. 2013 third-round pick Jordan Hill did show promise before suffering a year-ending calf injury in December. At very least, the Seahawks need depth on the defensive interior.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/team-needs-roster-rankings-200300351--nfl.html

Seattle Seahawks – Tony McDaniel, defensive tackle

PFF grade: -11.8
PFF position ranking: 123
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/...ots-or-seahawks-hold-the-edge.html/?a=viewall

So, with those I'll leave you to determine whether McDaniels going from 536 snaps in 2013 to just 363 snaps this last year had nothing to do with his play on the field. Let me know if you need any more metrics...

A-Dog

Reaction score
I think Suh would actually be a need signing for us. We don't know how Mebane is going to be when he comes back. McDaniel is a 2-down player who is on the decline. Kevin Williams is 34. Hill at this point is only going to produce on passing downs. The biggest concern though is Mebane. I think the key to whether this deal goes through is what the medical and coaching staffs think about the possibility of him returning to form.

I think Suh could actually play three positions in our base - 1-tech, 3-tech, or 5-tech. That covers a lot of bases for us depending on who we keep, who we sign, and who is injured. It also means we could move Bennett between three different positions (5-tech, 3-tech, Leo) depending on matchups.

If you think about it, we nearly won a Superbowl with McDaniel and Williams as our starting DTs. Even if we cut Mebane and McDaniel and don't re-sign Williams, replacing those two with Suh and Hill has to be considered an upgrade. We'd need to add another big body who can play 1-tech on mixed downs (unless someone on the roster can step up), but that shouldn't cost a ton.

Ideally Mebane comes back close to full strength, we sign Suh, and we cut ties with McDaniel. We also need to pick up another edge rusher - that was quite apparent when Avril went down.

Mixed downs: Bennett, Suh, Mebane, Avril

Passing downs: Avril, Bennett, Suh, Irvin

With Jordan Hill getting the most snaps among the rest of the linemen.

The Outfield

Reaction score
$13.75/year is lower than some think though. $125/7 years is $17.85 a year.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/566389147758501890[/tweet]

kf3339

Reaction score
A-Dog":308yam1y said:
I think Suh would actually be a need signing for us. We don't know how Mebane is going to be when he comes back. McDaniel is a 2-down player who is on the decline. Kevin Williams is 34. Hill at this point is only going to produce on passing downs. The biggest concern though is Mebane. I think the key to whether this deal goes through is what the medical and coaching staffs think about the possibility of him returning to form.

I think Suh could actually play three positions in our base - 1-tech, 3-tech, or 5-tech. That covers a lot of bases for us depending on who we keep, who we sign, and who is injured. It also means we could move Bennett between three different positions (5-tech, 3-tech, Leo) depending on matchups.

If you think about it, we nearly won a Superbowl with McDaniel and Williams as our starting DTs. Even if we cut Mebane and McDaniel and don't re-sign Williams, replacing those two with Suh and Hill has to be considered an upgrade. We'd need to add another big body who can play 1-tech on mixed downs (unless someone on the roster can step up), but that shouldn't cost a ton.

Ideally Mebane comes back close to full strength, we sign Suh, and we cut ties with McDaniel. We also need to pick up another edge rusher - that was quite apparent when Avril went down.

Mixed downs: Bennett, Suh, Mebane, Avril

Passing downs: Avril, Bennett, Suh, Irvin

With Jordan Hill getting the most snaps among the rest of the linemen.

^This.

It's how I see it as well. One can hope.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The Outfield":nvvwpqmp said:
$13.75/year is lower than some think though. $125/7 years is $17.85 a year.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/566389147758501890[/tweet]

Its an estimated forecast and it could also be coming from Suh's agent to drive the Lions away from franchising him once again.

It could also be what the asking price of any other team not named Seattle. Ahem Oakland.

Seahawks can also give him that contract with it essentially being a 4 yr, 55 m deal.

Suh could sign a 25 million signing bonus or 5 per across 5 yrs.

Then work on a 4 yr, 50 million contract taking cap hits of:

10 m in 2015
12 m in 2016
16 m in 2017
12 m in 2018

With signing bonus included lets say the Seahawks guarantee 20 m of that other to put his total guarantees to 45 million.

His last 3 years could be cap hits of 25, 25, 25.

He would essentially be cut or restructured after his 5th year with the Seahawks, with them eating that 5m cap hit in 2019.

Thus Suh making 55m across 4 yrs on a contract worth 7 for 125m.

Obviously there is 25 m of missing guarantees to add up to 70m reported but that could be structured in the last 3 years of the deal in roster/workout bonuses or injury incentives that he wont trigger if he's not on a roster.

Greenhell

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3jb1svqm said:
pehawk":3jb1svqm said:
Holmgren's Hawks we're used as pure leverage. Shannon Sharpe being the one I remember the most.

Hugh Freaking Douglas

Jevon Kearse. I was duped into believing he really wanted to sign with the Hawks. Wrong.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Why bother pasting some media hacks unsubstantiated guess at something as if it has more merit than even someone on a board?

Not that I have a stake in this thread. It just cracks me up every time.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sign Suh, sign Jordan Cameron cut mebane, cut McDaniel , cut lynch, cut miller

2_0_6

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2fad94mf said:
Sign Suh, sign Jordan Cameron cut mebane, cut McDaniel , cut lynch, cut miller

Please no.

If for some ungodly reason this was the case, I bet we would see Miller and Lynch in Cardinal uniforms next year.

Latest posts