******Rumor .........make of it what you will***************

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Mick063":11rzu4so said:
I can't see this happening. Suh's price is going to go up. Suh's agent will talk fiscal sense to him and Seattle isn't going to mortgage the future. Further, Suh is not happening after the Harvin debacle. Losing quality depth for one controversial player is a big gamble.

You mortgage the future when you have a declining all star quarterback and/or a short term window of opportunity. Seattle is in neither of those positions.

Fiscal sense like Im a player who just made 60 million dollars in the NFL not including endorsements.

Now Im taking only a little hometown discount in apy compared to the top DT, probably going recieve a butt ton more guaranteed money to make up for that slight discount.

For that I get to return home back to the beautifully underrated PNW, get to be an icon on the team I loved growing up, and play for a team thats in the best championship window as well as add my name and game to an already historic defense that could even get better with my dominence presence.

Yup im totally fiscally irresponsible but those uniforms are dope and I look good in Seahawks blue.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Barthawk":2r8inwpg said:
DJ- it was not meant to be taken in an offensive manner. Nice follow up post too.. seriously.. the tackles/sacks stuff are not very relevant for a DT IMO, but the snaps are and that is surprising he played that much less while guys like Bennett/Avril played much more this year.

Maybe he had nagging injuries, but one could conclude that is play was suffering this season based up the reduced amount of snaps.

No worries man, I didn't really take offense, I was mostly just razzing...

I totally loved what McDaniel brought in 2013 and was so happy when we extended him so I was not happy to see what I feel like I saw towards the end of the season. I wish I could find snap counts per game as the season went on so I would know if I was just missing him or if he was really being taken out for other guys more and more often as the season went along.

The Defense was still a solid group, probably better for much of the season than the previous year. However I think DT is an area we could improve in for sure. Whether that be McDaniel playing better/more or replacing him. If it's possible though I think Suh/Hill is a much better combo than Mebane/McDaniel. That's not a slight against either of Mebane or McDaniel but Suh just brings that much talent...

Anywho, likely a pipe dream and impossible so I'm not getting my hopes up, but boy it's fun to imagine what we could do with a presence like Suh in the middle.

jhern87

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":id2enzu3 said:
Mick063":id2enzu3 said:
I can't see this happening. Suh's price is going to go up. Suh's agent will talk fiscal sense to him and Seattle isn't going to mortgage the future. Further, Suh is not happening after the Harvin debacle. Losing quality depth for one controversial player is a big gamble.

You mortgage the future when you have a declining all star quarterback and/or a short term window of opportunity. Seattle is in neither of those positions.

Fiscal sense like Im a player who just made 60 million dollars in the NFL not including endorsements.

Now Im taking only a little hometown discount in apy compared to the top DT, probably going recieve a butt ton more guaranteed money to make up for that slight discount.

For that I get to return home back to the beautifully underrated PNW, get to be an icon on the team I loved growing up, and play for a team thats in the best championship window as well as add my name and game to an already historic defense that could even get better with my dominence presence.

Yup im totally fiscally irresponsible but those uniforms are dope and I look good in Seahawks blue.

He didn't "love" the Seahawks growing up.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":w6tqr2ox said:
Mick063":w6tqr2ox said:

Did Suh root for the Hawks growing up?

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Basis4day":3fa91jvg said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3fa91jvg said:
Mick063":3fa91jvg said:

Did Suh root for the Hawks growing up?

Thats what Ive heard but I could just be misinterpreting that info. Either ways its a fact that he wants to be closer to Portland.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":3cww6yvx said:
Thats what Ive heard but I could just be misinterpreting that info. Either ways its a fact that he wants to be closer to Portland.

Portland thing is self explanatory, but i've never seen anything to suggest he was a Hawks fan growing up. He's only a hair younger than me and most of the people i knew were fans of the NFL in general growing up and thats in Seattle. To be fair, most of my age group doesn't remember much past Rick Mirer's rookie season.

It wasn't really "Cool" to like the Seahawks until Holmgren came around.

kidhawk

Reaction score
As far as getting closer to home is concerned, Oakland has a TON more money than we do....more NEED than we have, and is less than a 2 hour flight. The only real factor we have over Oakland is being a current perennial winner.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1kq8jmb9 said:
I'm going to reserve judgement on this until it's reports by a credible source like Incarcerated Bob.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TAB420

Reaction score
Basis4day":29v1v7a3 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":29v1v7a3 said:

Portland thing is self explanatory, but i've never seen anything to suggest he was a Hawks fan growing up. He's only a hair younger than me and most of the people i knew were fans of the NFL in general growing up and thats in Seattle. To be fair, most of my age group doesn't remember much past Rick Mirer's rookie season.

Being from the Portland area, most, that are not transplants are Seahawk fans. It's closest thing we got to a NFL team. I've always thought of Portland as a small Seattle, anyways... :th2thumbs:

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
They're paying a DL half of $100M? How do they plan on resigning Wilson and Wagner? Along with Baldwin and Okung next year, possibly even Lynch? I'd rather use the money for more depth and resigning the players I mentioned...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":ksss8iht said:
Hasselbeck":ksss8iht said:
peachesenregalia":ksss8iht said:
I'm going to reserve judgement on this until it's reports by a credible source like Incarcerated Bob.

Seriosuly, Where is TraumaHawk when you need him? Or DuncansDad? Those guys were great.

"WE HAVE A DEFENSIVE TACKLE AND HIS NAME IS BRANDON!"

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":9lt2tgl5 said:
pehawk":9lt2tgl5 said:
Uncle Si":9lt2tgl5 said:
Could mean the end of Mebane though, right? And if Mebane is gone does that still afford cap space for Maxwell?

The Seahawks made Maxwell on their own. He was made by coaching-up a low draft pick. They can do it again.

Maxwell's overvalued on this board, IMO.

Pretty much, I expect that other cb spot to be a revolving door.
Yep, I never expected the CB2 position to be one that got paid. They've identified SS, FS and CB1 as the core, and CB2 will always be a draft and replace position IMO

Basis4day

Reaction score
TAB420":2ylgi7t7 said:
Basis4day":2ylgi7t7 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2ylgi7t7 said:

Being from the Portland area, most, that are not transplants are Seahawk fans. It's closest thing we got to a NFL team. I've always thought of Portland as a small Seattle, anyways... :th2thumbs:

I can see that now. But was that the case during the 90's?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2jznwjy5 said:
Hasselbeck":2jznwjy5 said:
peachesenregalia":2jznwjy5 said:

Seriosuly, Where is TraumaHawk when you need him? Or DuncansDad? Those guys were great.

Yeah, lol

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1ox3gygb said:
Hasselbeck":1ox3gygb said:
peachesenregalia":1ox3gygb said:

Wait...I thought that was the same person?! :shock:

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Also, methinks a lot of you guys are going to miss Byron Maxwell a lot more than you think you will.

I kind of hope we pay Max and Lynch instead of Suh.. but to each their own.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":37vrh0ie said:
The best thing about that whole saga was how comically poor Charlie Shitehurst really was at the time. Hard to believe that wasn't so long ago. How Russell really changed things for us. And yes, I get it, you hate Russell Wilson, but nevertheless....

Matt Flynn would have audibled on 2nd and Goal

:stirthepot:

Sidenote: The most amazing thing with Whitehurst wasn't the Trauma story.. it's that .NET's own 'Rat' actually still owns his jersey

TAB420

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":12amtk9x said:
They're paying a DL half of $100M? How do they plan on resigning Wilson and Wagner? Along with Baldwin and Okung next year, possibly even Lynch? I'd rather use the money for more depth and resigning the players I mentioned...

If this is true, their more than likely factoring in the raise of the salary cap, and a friendly contract for Wilson filled with guaranteed money and Microsoft points... :sarcasm_off:

jhern87

Reaction score
Basis4day":r1xnwmsm said:
Pandion Haliaetus":r1xnwmsm said:

I grew up in Portland and I remember being made fun of growing up for being a Seahawks fan. I didn't care because I used to watch games with my pops (who is from Seattle). Most of my buddies were either Raiders or 9er fans (which they still are).