Roddy White "Richard Sherman throws teammates under the bus"

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And sometimes I do wish he'd just shut his trap. But, I figure what do I care? He's not doing anything to me. The guy clearly loves being a Seahawk, loves the fans, and is one hell of a football player. It's not like you're hearing about him getting arrested etc. He seems like a good guy, pretty funny, and I bet most of the players in the league think he's funny. Shoot, the thing with Skip Bayless, he was doing what players should have done years ago, calling out that p.o.s.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":18u7yrxz said:
SoulfishHawk":18u7yrxz said:
Well, he's NOT a 49er, so I love the guy. Why do ppl care so much if he talks? Does it get overboard? sometimes, but I'm not sure why it matters. He backs it up on the field, he is a Seahawk. Do your thing Sherm. And yes, if he was on another team, I'd probably hate him too. But he's NOT on another team.

Exactly. He's a Seahawk and thats all that matters.

He can take adderall, act like a douche bag, show poor sportsmanship, be a poor example for my kids, whatever. But he can ball, so like you said what does it matter? He backs it up on the field and he's on my team.

Its disturbing but thats 90% of NFL fans.

If you're allowing your kid to be influenced by a "classless idiot", you didn't do YOUR job.

You obviously don't know all the things he does for the kids off the field.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":124aaznt said:
Throwdown":124aaznt said:
Sherm did kind of throw Chancellor under the bus, but it didn't change anything because right after "I'm better at life than you-gate" Kam was on twitter riding for Sherman. It's much ado about nothing as far as I'm concerned, Roddy is obviously still hurt over what Sherm said and it's hilarious to me, what a sucka.

Roddy is hurt, he's sensitive. Nice Thunder avi by the way.

Ohh I KNOW you dont wanna go there, sir ;)

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I love that we have a player good enough for other teams to hate.

It's been a long time since we've had one of those. It was hard to hate on Big Walt. Dude always looked like a black Santa Claus. You can't get down on a guy that looks that jolly.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":74lna0z4 said:
Richard runs his mouth like a classless idiot. If he was a 49er you would all agree, and you'd be killing him. He shows poor sportsmanship and its no wonder he gets talked crap about and punched in the face after a game. He's immature and is a terrible example of kids.

Now, since I don't care about any of that....

He's a great player, and I hope he does well while he's with us.

....Then when he's due to make 15 million 3 or 4 years from now you will all say what I just said lol.

1. He wasn't talking crap after the Redskins game, he was actually out there telling some of the other players 'good game' and specifically talking to RG3, giving him props. Trent Williams out of now where went after Sherman. But yet people blame Sherman because some poor loser has anger control issues?

2. Terrible example to kids? Huh strange, everytime I see the guy he's doing some charity work, at schools, working with kids, etc. What a horrible role model. :sarcasm_off: :roll:

Seems Wilson, Kam and Sherman are the 3 most active Seahawks doing charity and volunteer work.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I'm fed up with the 'if he were on another team, you'd hate him' line. Yeah, and the same could be said for Ditka to Bears fans, Joe Greene to Steelers fans, Lawrence Taylor to Giants fans, Deion Sanders to whomever, etc. etc.

I think it's safe to say we all expect our fan base to be classy, knowledgable, and rabid noisy lunatics come game day. But please, let's not expect us as a group to achieve some unprecedented level of objective player appreciation and utilitarian standard of conduct across team lines when it regards something as ridiculously trivial as *gasp* boastful smack talk! Sheesh.

When it comes from other teams' fans, it reeks of jealousy. When it's from fellow 12's, it seems like a projection of a personal preference with no basis in the reality of team fandom.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":16glq4q2 said:
He shows poor sportsmanship and its no wonder he gets talked crap about and punched in the face after a game.

Oh, you mean when he got slapped by that guy who got a bottle cracked over his head a week later in Hawaii? Trent Williams has got issues, man. You can't put that on Sherm.

dunceface

Reaction score
Sherman could crash a Lambo drunk and flee the scene, get busted buying crack from an undercover cop multiple times, be involved in a mystery stabbing with a group of his friends, run someone over in a Bentley in Miami, and try to choke out a reporter and I would still support him

Throwdown

Reaction score
dunceface":3upnptx1 said:
Sherman could crash a Lambo drunk and flee the scene, get busted buying crack from an undercover cop multiple times, be involved in a mystery stabbing with a group of his friends, run someone over in a Bentley in Miami, and try to choke out a reporter and I would still support him

This

Stoned Cold

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3peh0al6 said:
1. He wasn't talking crap after the Redskins game, he was actually out there telling some of the other players 'good game' and specifically talking to RG3, giving him props. Trent Williams out of now where went after Sherman. But yet people blame Sherman because some poor loser has anger control issues?

2. Terrible example to kids? Huh strange, everytime I see the guy he's doing some charity work, at schools, working with kids, etc. What a horrible role model. :sarcasm_off: :roll:

Seems Wilson, Kam and Sherman are the 3 most active Seahawks doing charity and volunteer work.

I'm sure the 1% or less of kids he reaches out to for charity work. The 99% plus who only watch him play and see him run his mouth on tv and twitter have a different perspective. I know when I was a kid playing sports and watching these guys on tv I was well aware of all the charity work they did :sarcasm_on: .

DavidSeven":3peh0al6 said:
Stoned Cold":3peh0al6 said:
He shows poor sportsmanship and its no wonder he gets talked crap about and punched in the face after a game.

Oh, you mean when he got slapped by that guy who got a bottle cracked over his head a week later in Hawaii? Trent Williams has got issues, man. You can't put that on Sherm.

You gotta admit he was egging him on. Its not like its his first time to go out of his way to antagonize someone after a game either. Remember Tom Brady?

Its so awesome to see kids antagonize other kids after games, and tell each other they are better at life than each other. I have no doubt he threw Kam under the bus. Its like every month he says something stupid. Now he's trying to clear up his Adderall statement. He's not trying to say its bad for you and kids shouldn't do it. Nope, he says 50% of the players have prescriptions to do it and the league should allow it. But hey, he's a Seahawk so its all good. He can say all the dumb stuff he wants and a high % of people around here will defend him and will think he's cool for saying it.

razgriz737

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":2vg8uvie said:
I'm fed up with the 'if he were on another team, you'd hate him' line. Yeah, and the same could be said for Ditka to Bears fans, Joe Greene to Steelers fans, Lawrence Taylor to Giants fans, Deion Sanders to whomever, etc. etc.

I think it's safe to say we all expect our fan base to be classy, knowledgable, and rabid noisy lunatics come game day. But please, let's not expect us as a group to achieve some unprecedented level of objective player appreciation and utilitarian standard of conduct across team lines when it regards something as ridiculously trivial as *gasp* boastful smack talk! Sheesh.

When it comes from other teams' fans, it reeks of jealousy. When it's from fellow 12's, it seems like a projection of a personal preference with no basis in the reality of team fandom.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

drdiags

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":2p63if6c said:
Its so awesome to see kids antagonize other kids after games, and tell each other they are better at life than each other. I have no doubt he threw Kam under the bus. Its like every month he says something stupid. Now he's trying to clear up his Adderall statement. He's not trying to say its bad for you and kids shouldn't do it. Nope, he says 50% of the players have prescriptions to do it and the league should allow it. But hey, he's a Seahawk so its all good. He can say all the dumb stuff he wants and a high % of people around here will defend him and will think he's cool for saying it.

The NFL writer is now saying Sherman was misquoted.

While Sherman uttered the phrase "half the league takes it," he was referring to a reporter's direct statement about players who have prescriptions for Adderall to treat their attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Sherman was not talking about players using it illegally, as the original story suggested.

Vancouver Sun reporter Mike Beamish provided Around The League with a transcript of his interview with Sherman from which the quote was taken:

Beamish: "There are players who actually have to take Adderall, because people have ADD and ADHD."
Sherman: "There's about half the league that takes it, and the league has to allow it."
Beamish: "It's like you have a prescription, if you're a diabetic."
Sherman: "Exactly."
Beamish: "So, are you on any medication that way?"
Sherman: "I'm not. But there are players that took it. We all got tested on the same day. There was kind of a little mix-up with that."

Richard Sherman misquoted

Just for completeness. Not disputing any of previously posted opinions, since I have my own and don't need to rehash that angle.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Stone Cold... I'm not an advocate of Sherman's constant ramblings, but the NFL is entertainment. Trash talk and the media circus are all a part of it. Maybe it wasnt some time ago, but there's no denying that the league feeds off characters like Sherman. To say his tweets and trash talk on the field negatively influence more kids than his charity work is really insincere. He's not out there intentionally injuring players, or breaking the law after games. He's just a character. sometimes funny, sometimes obnoxious.

That said, Sherman cant have it both ways. Not in todays sports. Everyone is going to take an angle on anything anyone does or says, and he will end up spending more time backtracking than if he just let it go.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
BBHawks":1m9gt40z said:
You've got to admit. Richard Sherman does talk a lot. Personally, I'd just like to see him shut up and play. He's not making any friends in the league and I worry about him because how many guys are gunning for him? Why give guys a reason to try to hurt you? I don't think it's smart.

I'm starting to agree with this.

At first it was welcome swagger and attention. Now, it seems every two weeks he's in the headlines for something. I've had enough personally. Simmer down and let the talking occur on the field.

drdiags

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2171sjjm said:
BBHawks":2171sjjm said:
You've got to admit. Richard Sherman does talk a lot. Personally, I'd just like to see him shut up and play. He's not making any friends in the league and I worry about him because how many guys are gunning for him? Why give guys a reason to try to hurt you? I don't think it's smart.

At first it was welcome swagger and attention. Now, it seems every two weeks he's in the headlines for something. I've had enough personally. Simmer down and let the talking occur on the field.

The problem is he has been identified as a source for quotes. NFL AM needed material and our poster who started the "U Mad Bro" meme set the wheel in motion once Sherman retweeted. The NFLAM/Sherman connection was born. Other folks had to jump on, since he was delivering juicy comments.

Now he goes to do a school promo in Vancouver and the reporter gets him to comment on an old story. He should have nipped it in the bud right then but the reporter was good at his job and had him at ease enough to provide a comment that ends up costing Sherman more negative press.

Maybe the Seahawks PR dept should stop sending him to school events and Mariners games or have a PR guy right next to him when he is interviewing? I don't see him going quiet and he now is in the T.O, Chad Johnson type persona range.

This is what he will be for the rest of his career. We need more Tebow stories.

Teqneek

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1hxz6jc0 said:
BBHawks":1hxz6jc0 said:

Enough with what? Him being asked for interviews and answering question. Damn you Sherman, how dare you speak your mind. You should be a weak little lemming like half of the country, take it in the arse and let people think what they want about you.

He didnt talk "Smack" to Williams. He went and said good game to Brady... someone made a meme and now relate it to Sherman talking "Smack".

Does anyone think for themselves now, or do they let the media decide their illogical feelings.

Teqneek

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2z5sbz29 said:
Stoned Cold":2z5sbz29 said:
SoulfishHawk":2z5sbz29 said:
Well, he's NOT a 49er, so I love the guy. Why do ppl care so much if he talks? Does it get overboard? sometimes, but I'm not sure why it matters. He backs it up on the field, he is a Seahawk. Do your thing Sherm. And yes, if he was on another team, I'd probably hate him too. But he's NOT on another team.

Exactly. He's a Seahawk and thats all that matters.

He can take adderall, act like a douche bag, show poor sportsmanship, be a poor example for my kids, whatever. But he can ball, so like you said what does it matter? He backs it up on the field and he's on my team.

Its disturbing but thats 90% of NFL fans.

If you're allowing your kid to be influenced by a "classless idiot", you didn't do YOUR job.

You obviously don't know all the things he does for the kids off the field.

+1 +4 + an infinite number.

Besides, I must have missed the story where he took Adderall. If hes a douchebag for standing up for himself and being confident, I WANT my kids to watch him. Its what I teach my daughters. And then the poor sportsmanship.. Where did that occur?

Good luck with your child rearing if your children are going to take what they see on TV and some how completely spin it how it is.. Which you are doing now.