Robert Gallery vs Luke Joeckel

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Joekel, Gallery, Germain Ifedi, George Fant, DJ Fluker, Gary Gilliam, Rees Odhiambo, Patrick Lewis, Cedric Ogbuehi, Oday Aboushi--these are some of the jokers that played on the offensive line from 2016 to 2020. An absolutely ridiculous collection of names that went through the revolving door. And I'm not even including the players who were just mediocre and not awful.

I wouldn't put Fant on the list of awful players, nor Ogbuehi or even Aboushi, but I would add Sowell and Webb.
Fant was thrown into the fire in his rookie season (2016), having played only one college season of football, and as a tight end, and then he was forced to start at one of the most important positions on the team (LT) when Sowell got injured. Fant did well enough that he kept the starting job when Sowell returned. Fant lost almost the entire 2017 season to an injury, and when he came back and the Seahawks had Duane Brown starting at LT, the Seahawks started using Fant in a sixth-lineman/TE role. Fant got more in free agency than the Seahawks wanted to pay him, plus he was getting the opportunity to be a starter, so he went to the Jets, where he was supposed to be their RT, but ended up playing quite a bit of LT.

Glowinski is an interesting case, because he was pretty bad with the Seahawks, but played much better with the Colts after leaving the Seahawks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I think we could now conclude that Gallery was a more successful football player than Joeckel.

sc85sis

Reaction score
With all due respect to Luke Joeckel, he apparently was such a non-entity as a player for the Hawks that I’d actually forgotten he was on the team until reading this thread.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Sorry, I was responding to the "Joke Luekel" thread.