Rigged Jets vs KC Game

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
It may not be the individual refs who are actually doing the gambling. But those refs may have family members and friends that do. They may not directly do any gambling because that would be too obvious.

But if John Doe over here has a friend he went to high school with way back in the day, and they kept in contact, I think there's plenty of opportunities for something to be a little suspect. This is obviously all conjecture. I don't know any refs.

What I do know for a certainty is that the refs in the NFL blow calls way more than they should. Especially at illopportune times that appear suspicious. The Jets got hosed by bad calls and the entire nation saw it.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Lol no use trying to talk to someone who believes nothing is actually happening because they tell u it isnt.

Hey, I am all ears. Bring me something other than your opinion and I will consider the information. Right now you don't have anything.

Of course they will say they were only mistakes in SB 40.
Wait, didn't you just say it was a documentary about being rigged? Now it is just refs admitting they messed up? You can't even keep your story straight.

I am sure you also believed them when they told you if you get the Covid vaccination you won't get covid.

Let's not go there.

People lie.

Duh. All I am asking for is some proof/evidence beyond your opinion. That's it. It should be a small ask, but you can't provide anything. That's on you.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
If you haven't yet, bet on Chiefs winning the superbowl because apparently they're going to be favored as long as Mahomes and Reid are still on the same team. It's disgusting how much the NFL as a whole is propping up Mahomes to succeed by any means necessary. Also in case you didn't know, let's show Taylor Swift in the crowd again. Did you know her and Kelce are an item now and his jersey sales shot through the roof, even customized jerseys with Kelce's number and "Swiftie" on the nameplate!

GGotskill

Reaction score
What I do know for a certainty is that the refs in the NFL blow calls way more than they should.

Sure, if the expectation is 100% correct, no ref is going to be perfect. What is an acceptable level of blown calls? Are there any sports that the refs hit those levels?

Especially at illopportune times that appear suspicious.

It's just because they blow calls ALL the time. Seriously, sit down and watch an NFL game with an eye to how often calls are missed/blown. It's almost every play that something COULD be called that isn't.

The Jets got hosed by bad calls and the entire nation saw it.

The defensive holding that everyone is losing their minds over was the right call. The actual missed/blown call was holding on the KC offense on Mahomes scramble.

But the Jets also benefited from TERRIBLE calls as well. The safety was absolutely a blown call, one that could have been rectified by instant replay (as it is technically a scoring play). It's the only reason the Jets were in the game to begin with.

FlayvaMeister

Reaction score
The
Glad I didn't watch this game -- the questionable flags would have raised my blood pressure to unsafe levels.

It was a ridiculous flag fest - I've never seen the Jets HC so upset.
Saleh, who's known to be a high-energy type, even drew an "Unsportsmanlike 15-yard Penalty" for going off on one of the officials 🤬

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
The

It was a ridiculous flag fest - I've never seen the Jets HC so upset.
Saleh, who's known to be a high-energy type, even drew an "Unsportsmanlike 15-yard Penalty" for going off on one of the officials 🤬

Did you notice that the ref on the penalty named the head coach directly? They usually will say something like "unsportsmanlike from the sideline" or something like that. The ref straight up said the penalty was on the head coach lol I've never seen that before.

James in PA

Reaction score
In all seriousness, I don't think the games are "fixed." I'm not even sure there is "steering." What I do think happens is that refs are HEAVILY INFLUENCED by star players, legacy teams, and in some cases home crowds. "This is Pat friggin Mahomes. Gotta give him the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't miss a receiver with the game on the line. That DB must have been holding."

Ruminator

Reaction score
In all seriousness, I don't think the games are "fixed." I'm not even sure there is "steering." What I do think happens is that refs are HEAVILY INFLUENCED by star players, legacy teams, and in some cases home crowds. "This is Pat friggin Mahomes. Gotta give him the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't miss a receiver with the game on the line. That DB must have been holding."
Possible that this also affects some refs in certain games. Makes me regard those refs having no such partiality or marquee influence, instead doing their job by the book and treating all players and coaches equally, like they're superstars. Tons of respect for those refs who consistently operate in that manner, though there seem to be fewer of them these days.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
The NFL sells entertainment first and foremost. Unfortunately, impartiality doesn't make the big bucks.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
it was really really bad. usually i dont get that mad over bad calls that don't effect the seahawks, but this was a disgrace
Honestly - watched Sunday on RedZone -

Saw at least 5 or 6 egregious calls/non calls -

Phantom Crackback block, and a bunch of others. I was telling my wife - thought it was the worst day for just BAD calls that I've seen in a while.

Even if I hate a team - I just don't like shitty calls either affecting or steering games... but....

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I love this dude. Don't watch much of him - but I did catch him doing the "And this is the QB that we traded A QUARTER OF A BILLION DOLLARS FOR!!!!!!". Shrieking like a schoolgirl at the time!

Like the line from Jerry McGuire - "You're hanging on by a very thin thread. And I LOVE THAT about you!!!!".

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Amazing how delusional fans can be. There is absolutely no evidence for these conspiracies. No whistleblowers. No clear rationale for why certain teams get favoritism. I mean really. Chiefs over Jets. The NFL should be dying to get the Jets into the playoffs from a business standpoint.

If there is corruption, NFL is doing a great job at making it appear totally random. Hell you even have games where both teams get screwed and both sides scream corruption. Brilliant work.

As a rational skeptic I will say this: none of you know if it happens and I wouldn’t be surprised either way. But for now it’s conspiracy theorizing. Nothing more.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Honest question, outside of bad calls, what evidence do you know of?
Honestly, it's mostly bad calls. However, it's not just the bad calls themselves. It's the timing of them, and who they benefit, over the course of years and years. Obvious "smoking guns" aren't common, it's more like a biased parent who shows regular minor and medium-level favoritism toward their favorite child.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Amazing how delusional fans can be. There is absolutely no evidence for these conspiracies. No whistleblowers. No clear rationale for why certain teams get favoritism. I mean really. Chiefs over Jets. The NFL should be dying to get the Jets into the playoffs from a business standpoint.

If there is corruption, NFL is doing a great job at making it appear totally random. Hell you even have games where both teams get screwed and both sides scream corruption. Brilliant work.

As a rational skeptic I will say this: none of you know if it happens and I wouldn’t be surprised either way. But for now it’s conspiracy theorizing. Nothing more.
You can believe what you want to believe, "absolutely no evidence" is just absolutely not true. You want to convince me? Get the NFL to legally classify itself as a sport instead of sport entertainment. How do you explain them being classified the same way as WWE wrestling if there's no scripting, hinting, pushing, or anything like that? Random happenstance? :rolleyes:

renofox

Reaction score
While I believe that some games may be steered, the Chiefs/Jets game makes no sense (when talking about monetarily crooked refs). The Chiefs did not cover the spread even with the win, and the moneyline was too low to even bother betting on - any large bet would be heavily scrutinized and the books are experts at detecting nefarious betting patterns.

Could they have steered to make Goodell happy? Good chance, even if it was subconsciously.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Anyone else see the end of it? They threw like 5 straight questionable flags against the Jets to give KC the game. Rigged!

What about the called facemask safety and the phantom horse collar that benefited the Jets?

Fans sure do have selective memory when it comes to their ref and league conspiracy theories. The refs were just bad last night, and it was a hold on Sauce. He grabbed and turned the receiver. That's textbook holding.............and according to the Chiefs receivers he had been doing it all night.