Clowney did NOT get fined for his hit on Nick Foles

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Anyone remember the Bud Dupree hit on Wilson in week 2? Now that was a dirty hit but noone gives a shit. It's the hypocrisy and rewriting of the history that annoys me most.

Seymour

Reaction score
AgentDib":2ihwx4bj said:
Some of you folks are being a bit obtuse. OP is simply pointing out that Clowney's past fine was appealed and overturned, and thus the eagles/fans who are currently arguing he has a history of dirty play based on that fine are factually wrong to include it.

I wasn't, I seriously had no clue what the point was. Who even brought up last years hit prior to this thread? I've seen nothing on that hit being used as justification.

Anyway....the original articles I've found stand on their own. Clowney was indeed fined, but then that fine was overturned after appeal. The writers are not going to go back and correct their original articles because it was overturned, and that is why this is confusing that one would think they would (see quote below). Also the dead link doesn't help.

ivotuk":2ihwx4bj said:
Every news outfit out there is still reporting "Clowney was fined $40,000 for his hit on Foles."

pmedic920

Reaction score
AgentDib":3cu2rbzh said:
Some of you folks are being a bit obtuse. OP is simply pointing out that Clowney's past fine was appealed and overturned, and thus the eagles/fans who are currently arguing he has a history of dirty play based on that fine are factually wrong to include it.

I wasn’t.

I mistakenly interpreted the OP

I thought we were talking about the Wentz issue when I initially responded.