Richard Sherman at it again..

Sherminator

Reaction score
JZ#1":35cbyrkg said:
Lynch is a bad comparison because he is going to get noticed since like the above poster pointed out has the ball often, accumulates stats, has the camera on him etc. I personally can't name more than a handful of the top corners in the game and I feel very uncomfortable about ranking them outside of 1) Sherman.. 2) Revis.. etc. Running backs on the other handle, I could name and make a good top 10 list off the top of my head.

I meant more off the field media than on the field attention.
I was responding to a post about how you have to claim you are good at what you do in order to get noticed... Which isn't always the case. (regardless of the position)

I can see the ambiguity in comparing different positions.

JZ#1

Reaction score
Defensivebacks who don't hit hard don't get the credit they deserve if they aren't unspoken imo. My post did not apply to most other positions.

Sherminator

Reaction score
JZ#1":35q23dsd said:
Defensivebacks who don't hit hard don't get the credit they deserve if they aren't unspoken imo. My post did not apply to most other positions.

I agree 100% here, in fact you could probably make an argument that could apply for almost every defensive position.

In another thread on here somebody claimed our ex-safety Whitner was over-rated.
That was the reason I gave to agree, he spent 99% of his time looking for that big hit which CONSTANTLY meant he blew coverage or got beat deep. (hence the Kearse TD in the NFC game)

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Horse poop. This is not an act to get endorsements. It's who he is. Like him or not it's the way he is.

I like his play. I like his enolvement in the community. Don't care for a all the other stuff.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JZ#1":h56xbuuj said:
chris98251":h56xbuuj said:
If Crabtree hadn't called him out and tried to fight him at that get together Fitz had this would have been forgotton, I think it's way more personal between these guys, and for now Sherm is on top and has the bragging rights.

That Crabtree tried to fight him story has been refuted. A source said Sherm tried to start it so I don't think we will ever know the true story about what happened.

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/ ... event.html

But a source who was at the Fitzgerald charity event—and who has no familial or professional relationship to Sherman or Crabtree—witnessed part of what happened and said it looked more like it was the other way around.

"The handshake part is legit," the source said, "but it was Sherman who tried to start the fight with Crabtree. I remember 'cause Sherman kept getting in his face and Crabtree was just laughing about it."
Sources OPINION...Body language...Looked like.......Hardly sounds like a refutation to me.
A "source" said "Looked like Sherm tried to start it?
If you don't KNOW for a fact what exactly had transpired between the two of them, you really can't call it one way or the other, BUT, I have my doubts Sherman got pissed at Crabtree for saying, or doing NOTHING at all either.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":qowd8p25 said:
A truth turd.
So Tech, you're saying that YOU are the "truth turd" in his pocket?
Not everyone is on board with the "We'd All" part of his statement.

rigelian

Reaction score
Sherminator":19yayz7n said:
rigelian":19yayz7n said:
NINEster":19yayz7n said:
No, insecurity is what it is. All humans have it to different degrees, but you usually call someone that when it's a pretty flagrant part of their personality.

Doesn't take away from him being confident, talented, a great CB, etc. That's the amusing part, that by calling him that it's implying he's a subpar player. His insecurity isn't in his playing ability but his self esteem/ego/whatever you want to call it.

Oh please... Sherman is calculating...about as calculating as Muhammed Ali. All Crabtree is at this point is Sherman's Joe Frasier.... If it goads the 49ers to try and beat him over it...all the better. Maybe Kaepernick will throw some more ill-advised passes his way.

As far as insecurity is concerned...go read the 49erswebzone site...lovely bit of psychological pathology if you ask me.

I will agree that there are some fans on the 49erwebzone that do post off emotion and have NO idea what they are talking about. AKA most of the threads on Carroll and Sherman or any hawk players for that matter tend to show the uglier side of the fanbase.

But to let that define us as a whole is just ignorant. Personally I've been a fan of the PAC-12 before any pro team.
I like watching both the hawks and niners... But to call out a claim like this and think that it doesn't exist on your side as well is just plain stupid.

As far as Sherman goes, I love that guy. Hence my username.
As far as Crabtree goes, yes he is a pre-madonna. Personally I hoping we release him next year because I know he is going to demand a lot of money and I don't feel he is worth that much to us.

This thread speaks to much into assumptions.
I GET WE HAVE BONE-HEAD fans out there. We've got a lot of fans who claim to be niner fans but didn't start watching until Harbs came along and we got good. I get that.
But please, stop with this insecure thing. Its far off base for a lot of us.

:th2thumbs:

That's kind of funny. I read both the 49erswebzone and the 49ers fan forum. If I were on the hunt looking for examples of psychological pathology, it would definitely be on the 49erswebzone. Reading the 49erswebzone is akin to watching a train of clown cars jumping of the track. The 49ers fan forum, while out there on occasion, doesn't seem to have the same level of insanity.

Note, that statement does not mean all of 49erwebzone posters are whack jobs or even that a majority of them are whack jobs, but it does mean that if I am looking for examples of posts by whack jobs on sports sites it would be the first place I'd look.

Sherminator

Reaction score
rigelian":1pc5eo77 said:
Sherminator":1pc5eo77 said:
rigelian":1pc5eo77 said:
NINEster":1pc5eo77 said:
No, insecurity is what it is. All humans have it to different degrees, but you usually call someone that when it's a pretty flagrant part of their personality.

Doesn't take away from him being confident, talented, a great CB, etc. That's the amusing part, that by calling him that it's implying he's a subpar player. His insecurity isn't in his playing ability but his self esteem/ego/whatever you want to call it.

Oh please... Sherman is calculating...about as calculating as Muhammed Ali. All Crabtree is at this point is Sherman's Joe Frasier.... If it goads the 49ers to try and beat him over it...all the better. Maybe Kaepernick will throw some more ill-advised passes his way.

As far as insecurity is concerned...go read the 49erswebzone site...lovely bit of psychological pathology if you ask me.

I will agree that there are some fans on the 49erwebzone that do post off emotion and have NO idea what they are talking about. AKA most of the threads on Carroll and Sherman or any hawk players for that matter tend to show the uglier side of the fanbase.

But to let that define us as a whole is just ignorant. Personally I've been a fan of the PAC-12 before any pro team.
I like watching both the hawks and niners... But to call out a claim like this and think that it doesn't exist on your side as well is just plain stupid.

As far as Crabtree goes, yes he is a pre-madonna. Personally I hoping we release him next year because I know he is going to demand a lot of money and I don't feel he is worth that much to us.

I GET WE HAVE BONE-HEAD fans out there. We've got a lot of fans who claim to be niner fans but didn't start watching until Harbs came along and we got good. I get that.

That's kind of funny. I read both the 49erswebzone and the 49ers fan forum. If I were on the hunt looking for examples of psychological pathology, it would definitely be on the 49erswebzone. Reading the 49erswebzone is akin to watching a train of clown cars jumping of the track. The 49ers fan forum, while out there on occasion, doesn't seem to have the same level of insanity.

Note, that statement does not mean all of 49erwebzone posters are whack jobs or even that a majority of them are whack jobs, but it does mean that if I am looking for examples of posts by whack jobs on sports sites it would be the first place I'd look.

yeah haha we've got some crazies on there... I guess thats what you get though when you have a fan-base built in one of the weirdest cities in the US. San Fran.

But I wouldn't look too far, you've got some on here too

viewforum.php?f=23

:mrgreen:

Escamillo

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1gbgx17z said:
Whether you like the brashness or not, if you ask a casual NFL fan right now to name any defensive player, Sherman is likely to be the most common response. That's valuable, and Sherman has gone out of his way to cultivate that. And the best part is that he doesn't care about whether or not it bugs you. If you like it, great. If you don't like it, his name is still on your lips when you complain about it. He doesn't care if people complain about him right now. What he cares about is that he is as recognized as he possibly can be. That leads to endorsements, future broadcasting gigs, etc. It's all business, and he's killing it.

Exactly. :0190l:
[youtube]zPvP67YCgUE[/youtube]

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1rc0fyz3 said:
Tech Worlds":1rc0fyz3 said:
A truth turd.

Fine.

A lot more of us would roll our eyes. :p

Joey13091

Reaction score
253hawk":igpcdpaz said:
Joey13091":igpcdpaz said:
He is rubbing it in. Saying "sorry" for deflecting the ball. Not actually apologizing.

I thought 'sorry' was being used as an adjective to describe Crabtree. As in a sorry-ass WR. :49ersmall:

Yeah that too. Just basically talking shit. Lol

dunceface

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2rzcc48w said:
Tech Worlds":2rzcc48w said:
A truth turd.

This is fitting...can we make that his new nickname?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
If the teams were reversed and our player was getting 'disrespected', we would be upset. But since it's not, we get to celebrate. Kinda how it works with winning and losing. I say we just enjoy it.

two dog

Reaction score
One of the "truth turds" of society, as it exists today, is that whoever has the hammer will use it.
Right now Sherman most definitely has the hammer. Maybe the pendulum swings back for
Crabtree someday. I hope not but it could happen. If it does you can bet he'll start squeaking.

Right now I'm enjoying the hell out of the kid rubbing it in and he's got all offseason to do it.

CEHawk

Reaction score
I personally think Sherman can work a bit harder at disrespecting more 49ers!! 49ers and their fans have bad mouthed the Seahawks for years!!! Lol How quickly you all forget. =)

themunn

Reaction score
Sherminator":w9cyanpl said:
rigelian":w9cyanpl said:
NINEster":w9cyanpl said:

so you are saying Crabtree will one day be a Madonna?

Sherminator

Reaction score
Throwdown":2aao8gkt said:
themunn":2aao8gkt said:
so you are saying Crabtree will one day be a Madonna?

Wouldn't surprise me

yes that is exactly what I am saying,
secretly he is madonna, we just don't know it yet

or is it she? :stirthepot:

NINEster

Reaction score
A lot of the Sherman beef aimed towards Seahawks fans is this enigmatic hatred for our QB which in the eyes of most people outside the PNW does not warrant similar levels based on their actions. And there are plenty of 49er haters across the US, btw.

The combination of "I can't stand Kaeperdouche" with the simultaneous praising and defending of Sherman's behavior is what is quite irritating.

As far as webzone fans, keep in mind that every fanbase has a good percentage of the blind worship of their team and hatred for others. They happen to be much more vocal than the more objective fans.

Polaris

Reaction score
NINEster,

The standards are different between a Franchise QB and an all-pro CB. Sherman isn't going to be judged by the same standards we'd apply to a franchise QB. Kaep is franchise QB (and thus we...or at least I...judge him by that standard).

-Polaris