Richard Sherman at it again..

chris98251

Reaction score
If Crabtree hadn't called him out and tried to fight him at that get together Fitz had this would have been forgotton, I think it's way more personal between these guys, and for now Sherm is on top and has the bragging rights.

JZ#1

Reaction score
chris98251":2qx2a9iw said:
If Crabtree hadn't called him out and tried to fight him at that get together Fitz had this would have been forgotton, I think it's way more personal between these guys, and for now Sherm is on top and has the bragging rights.

That Crabtree tried to fight him story has been refuted. A source said Sherm tried to start it so I don't think we will ever know the true story about what happened.

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/ ... event.html

But a source who was at the Fitzgerald charity event—and who has no familial or professional relationship to Sherman or Crabtree—witnessed part of what happened and said it looked more like it was the other way around.

"The handshake part is legit," the source said, "but it was Sherman who tried to start the fight with Crabtree. I remember 'cause Sherman kept getting in his face and Crabtree was just laughing about it."

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
MontanaHawk05":1ew55hge said:
HansGruber":1ew55hge said:
I love how much he pisses people off. Smart kid. Get in their heads long enough and they'll never forget you.

Worked for Prime Time. As good of a DB as he was, take away the jewelry and the mouth and he's not the face of the NFLN today. Nobody would remember him. Just another Christian Okoye Nigerian Nightmare fading into obscurity.

Take away the Seahawks uniform from Sherman and we'd all roll our eyes.

Nah, I'd probably still love him because he makes old dudes and staid Midwestern types clutch their pearls in shock and disgust.

253hawk

Reaction score
Joey13091":231ftrso said:
He is rubbing it in. Saying "sorry" for deflecting the ball. Not actually apologizing.

I thought 'sorry' was being used as an adjective to describe Crabtree. As in a sorry-ass WR. :49ersmall:

NINEster

Reaction score
Sherman continues to look massively insecure throughout all of this. I can't think of another time in the history of the league where the "winner" of a rivalry spent so much effort trash talking after the fact.

I know it's hard to look at Sherman with unbiased eyes, but all signs point to him instigating trash talk. Remember in the 2012 blowout game when Crabtree caught a long pass over Sherman and he clapped mockingly?

Crabtree is a known diva in the 49er world stemming from his holdout, and not getting it together on the field until 2012. But he has never shown a proclivity to mess with other players in the league.

If he "said" something about Sherman not being a top CB, I can almost be certain it was a response to a leading/instigating question like "are you worried about going against him?", or maybe even "do you think he's the best CB?". I would be shocked if he just popped off crap unsolicited.

They could both take lessons from their friend Larry.

Looking at Sherman without the football lens, any person that needs to constantly remind people how good he is unsolicited is insecure.

That run in with Brady when he was an unknown is one thing, now it's silly.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":29ozuma3 said:
Sherman continues to look massively insecure throughout all of this. I can't think of another time in the history of the league where the "winner" of a rivalry spent so much effort trash talking after the fact.

I know it's hard to look at Sherman with unbiased eyes, but all signs point to him instigating trash talk. Remember in the 2012 blowout game when Crabtree caught a long pass over Sherman and he clapped mockingly?

Crabtree is a known diva in the 49er world stemming from his holdout, and not getting it together on the field until 2012. But he has never shown a proclivity to mess with other players in the league.

If he "said" something about Sherman not being a top CB, I can almost be certain it was a response to a leading/instigating question like "are you worried about going against him?", or maybe even "do you think he's the best CB?". I would be shocked if he just popped off crap unsolicited.

Looking at Sherman without the football lens, any person that needs to constantly remind people how good he is unsolicited is insecure.

Sometimes I think Sherm goes over the top, and a bit too far..... But as long as he can back it up on the field then whatever. It's ironic though how the San Fran fanbase hates Sherman for his antics but love the Kraepper and Harbaugh when they act like douches.

Let's face it, you'd love to have Richard Sherman on your team, and if was wearing a SF uniform you'd have little problems with him.

Cartire

Reaction score
NINEster":3k8veg10 said:

Like him or hate him, football fan or not, everyone in the country knows who Sherman is. This kinda stuff, regardless of how it comes off, keeps his name fresh in people's mind. Endorsements endorsements endorsements.

JMR

Reaction score
RG3 just unveiled his own personal logo. I wonder how much grief Sherm would get for that.

dbmack

Reaction score
JMR":1vhxomob said:
RG3 just unveiled his own personal logo. I wonder how much grief Sherm would get for that.
Richard Sherman has had his own personal logo for quite some time. He sells tshirts and stuff with it on them.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Cartire":1f3h8p32 said:
NINEster":1f3h8p32 said:

Like him or hate him, football fan or not, everyone in the country knows who Sherman is. This kinda stuff, regardless of how it comes off, keeps his name fresh in people's mind. Endorsements endorsements endorsements.
Yep, this is all it is, capitalism in action. Has nothing to do with "insecurity". That's yet another attempt by yet another Whiner fan on our boards to denigrate the Super Bowl Champions and the players on the Super Bowl winning team. Go tell Web Zone (I think that's what it's called, not sure cuz I don't go to other teams boards....I'm a Seahawks fan) all about Sherm's insecurity. I'm sure you'll get plenty of agreement with your dime store psychological assessment of Sherman there.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
You don't become the best at what you do being insecure. You don't draw attention to yourself if you're insecure. You don't put yourself in the spotlight where you MUST perform if you're insecure.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Generally speaking, It's quite the feat of projection when the most insecure fanbase in all of sports calls their on field enemies "insecure".
It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

chris98251

Reaction score
JZ#1":2kuxj91e said:
chris98251":2kuxj91e said:

That Crabtree tried to fight him story has been refuted. A source said Sherm tried to start it so I don't think we will ever know the true story about what happened.

But a source who was at the Fitzgerald charity event—and who has no familial or professional relationship to Sherman or Crabtree—witnessed part of what happened and said it looked more like it was the other way around.

"The handshake part is legit," the source said, "but it was Sherman who tried to start the fight with Crabtree. I remember 'cause Sherman kept getting in his face and Crabtree was just laughing about it."

Ahh the famous source, he knows everything about everything. Put a name on something and I will take it more to heart.

Escamillo

Reaction score
NINEster":3gr8yz2x said:

"insecure" is the catch-all insult that niner fans use when they can't think of anything else to say. The fact is that Sherman brings it, the fact is that he's had some of his best games against the niners. And niner fans can't stand it, and are in fact jealous of it. Deep down they all wish that Harbaugh had drafted his own player, but the niners blew it, now the niner fans label Sherman as "insecure" and they label Seahawks fans in general as "insecure". The niner fans have this sense of self-entitlement because they won Super Bowls 20 and 30 years ago, and they think that makes them "better" than other fan bases, think it makes them more knowledgeable about football than other fan bases, and think that other fan bases must bow down to them in respect. lol

Escamillo

Reaction score
chris98251":175a90sx said:
JZ#1":175a90sx said:
chris98251":175a90sx said:

Ahh the famous source, he knows everything about everything. Put a name on something and I will take it more to heart.

Yep, Herm Edwards said it best:
[youtube]vy9NyUKcGQw[/youtube]

NINEster

Reaction score
No, insecurity is what it is. All humans have it to different degrees, but you usually call someone that when it's a pretty flagrant part of their personality.

Doesn't take away from him being confident, talented, a great CB, etc. That's the amusing part, that by calling him that it's implying he's a subpar player. His insecurity isn't in his playing ability but his self esteem/ego/whatever you want to call it.

There are guys who have a little too much chip on their shoulder, and need to chill a little bit. Viewed through a non 49er/non Seahawk lens, that's exactly what that behavior is. Show some non football fans that outburst clip from Sherman after the NFCC, and ask them what their impressions are. It won't be so flattering.

I've been an SF fan since the mid '80s so I've seen quite a few characters on opposing teams I've disliked, but cannot recall one who was an all pro top 3 at his position that talked so damn much, including Deion Sanders.

49er fanbase isn't insecure. A fanbase is insecure when the media isn't giving them the adulation they feel their team deserves. We went through this in 1981 and 2011. Your team went through this in 2012, and every year your team was legitimately good but not revered in the press.

We've lived to see other teams in our division make it to the super bowl and win it. Plus hated rivals like Cowboys, Giants, Packers. It sucks but eventually you get over it.

And comparing Kaepernick to Sherman is a joke. Because he doesn't give cliche, fake good guy answers at press conferences or maybe he isn't quite the gentleman as his predecessor he's a "douche".

His confidence is douche but Richard's is just swagger?

Right.

And if Sherman was a Niner, we'd embrace him of course but still acknowledge his ways. Just like we do with Harbaugh. And one of our all time greats.

Some of us have even come to grips that Jerry Rice wasn't a saint and was/is extremely insecure. Even a bit of an a****, within the locker room. Read his autobiography and he came down hard on some fan favorite teammates because they didn't live up to his expectations of hard work. I saw the thread about Largent, and agree it's not something he should have entertained even if Largent was the first to offer.

How many 49er fans do you think will ever come out and say THAT?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
NINEster":1442lcoz said:
Show some non football fans that outburst clip from Sherman after the NFCC, and ask them what their impressions are. It won't be so flattering.
That "outburst" had an immediate context. After the game, Sherman went to Crabtree and offered a handshake, saying "Helluva game, helluva game." At which point Crabtree shoved him in the face.

If you were to show that bit along with Sherman's outburst to anybody, football fan or not, they'll understand what triggered it.

Crabtree face sherman hand

Escamillo

Reaction score
NINEster":29v5jzmr said:
No, insecurity is what it is. All humans have it to different degrees, but you usually call someone that when it's a pretty flagrant part of their personality. <snipped PhD Doctorate>

No, "insecure" is what niner fans like to call anyone that dares disagree with them. For example, at 49webzone.com, there are numerous threads about the Seahawks "hags", and lots of Seahawk bashing, and if any Seahawk fan show up there and offer ANY rebuttal, they are immediately called "insecure" and then what follows are lots of posts about how "insecure" "hags" fans are. Which is why whenever I see a niner use the "insecure" attack on anyone, I dismiss it, because that "insecure" card is one that niner fans love to play, regardless of whether it has any merit or not.

And as I said above, they play that "insecure" card out of some sense of superiority that they developed from winning Super Bowls 20+ years ago. They picture themselves as a super-"secure" fanbase and anyone that disagrees with any of their "analysis" must therefore be "insecure" by definition. lol

You defend your fanbase as not being "insecure", yet anyone skimming through 49webzone.com or forums.49ers.com will find plenty of evidence to the contrary. Just the other day there was a thread about Pete Carroll getting a contract extension, and immediately insecure 9er fans made posts about how Harbaugh was better than Carroll because it took Carroll x-number of years to win a SB, in which they included his time at NY and NE. Harbaugh had nothing to do with the topic, yet 9er fans, insecure as ever, immediately rushed to defend Harbaugh even though no attack had been made. lol And that's just one example.

One more thing, you say you never saw someone in the top 3 at his position that "talked so much", including Deion Sanders. First of all, Sanders was a niner, so it doesn't surprise me that you cut him slack, but more importantly, there was no internet back then, certainly not to the extent there is today. For example, had there been twitter back then, which affords players the ability to speak to the world instantly, who knows what Sanders would have done? I'm not criticizing Sanders, but I'm saying you can't compare now with back then as far as how often players communicate with the public.

Lots of the bashing that Sherman haters deliver is based on his internet communications, particularly his tweets and his weekly (or however often) column at MMQB.si.com. Sanders and players of the past didn't have twitter or a regular internet column.