Reports: Ndamukong Suh wants to sign with Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I wouldn't care if Suh was on the team...even if he is dirty. I care about winning. I'd rather be the best team with the dirtiest, nastiest players in the league than be #2 with a bunch of Russell Wilson personalities.

That said, if what other posters are saying about the CAP room are correct, it doesn't sound like we could sign him without making major sacrifices or him working for peanuts. Probably not gonna happen if true.

kearly

Reaction score
What's interesting to me about this rumor is that it makes very little sense on from a cynical "leverage" point of view. Everyone knows Seattle's cap space is about to get super tight, and it would not be difficult for a team to outbid them. The current Seahawks are essentially the perfect opposite of a team that a FA would use for leverage.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawksfansince90":xsbyzfeq said:
Offer him a Bennett 1-2 year prove it type deal.

What part of him being the 2nd best DT in football is so hard to understand?

He doesn't have to prove anything .. if he comes here he would be doing it at a discount and it would be to win a ring. Not to "prove it"

netskier

Reaction score
Suh is a known to play dirty, trying to injure other players. This is cheating.

Obtaining Suh turns the Hawks into cheaters. Are the Suh seekers OK with that?

Do you admire other cheaters such as Belichick? Do you admire the new Orleans Bountygaters? How about the Rams dirty play? Do you want to copy that too?

I vote no against cheating players. I vote for playing within the rules, and using our system to win. I vote for sportsmanship.

Just say no to Suh.

Heh. Say "No Suh".

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":1twi0kaz said:
What's interesting to me about this rumor is that it makes very little sense on from a cynical "leverage" point of view. Everyone knows Seattle's cap space is about to get super tight, and it would not be difficult for a team to outbid them. The current Seahawks are essentially the perfect opposite of a team that a FA would use for leverage.

Ding ding

The interest is real. It'd be one thing if he said "I want to go to Oakland" .. but Seattle? That doesn't drive your price up.

pehawk

Reaction score
netskier":2lcer3d5 said:
Suh plays to deliberately injure players, which is cheating. Voting to acquire him is a vote for the Hawks to cheat. I vote no.

Yeah, totally.

Hey, everyone, gather around. Netskier brought it in this thread. This might be the best post in a very, very long time.

Say no to cheating. Football is played by gentlemen.

bryantology79

Reaction score
kearly":4ycoqg5m said:

PREACH

kearly

Reaction score
Something to keep in mind- the NFL salary cap is rising at unprecedented rates. The cap is estimated to rise nearly $20 million from 2014 to 2016, and it will continue to rise after that as well. If Seattle can backload all their 2015 contracts aggressively, they could probably put in a competitive offer for Suh and still make it work. The downside is that you'd sacrifice your financial cushion in future years, but it is technically an option on the table for Seattle.

I don't think Seattle would have handed out big contracts to guys like Wright and Avril if they didn't think they would have some new money to play with in future years.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
northseahawk":1vv4tupc said:
Would rather sign a top wr and a top oline man with that money and I wouldn't mind if our defense drops to number 5 if we have a better offense.

What top WR would you sign? I ask because... none of the top WR's will .. 1) sniff the market and 2) consider Seattle since their numbers would go in the toilet on this offense

Maybe Iupati would make more sense as a splashy move.. but I get the hunch Tom Cable doesn't want to bring in a FA and would rather develop someone from the draft.

dadof3

Reaction score
I think we should just trade a 3rd rounder for Watt, in my opinion he has more upside and better character :sarcasm_on:

12th_Bob

Reaction score
a 3rd is too much for Watt, maybe a 6th but that's a tough call :roll:

It's fun to think about but more realistic is finding an undervalued FA at DT that's either too large to rush or too small against the run.

But holy moly Suh/Bennett/Avril/Mebane or McDaniel, eshhhhhhh.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
netskier":3ew76eg2 said:
Suh is a known to play dirty, trying to injure other players. This is cheating.

Obtaining Suh turns the Hawks into cheaters. Are the Suh seekers OK with that?

Do you admire other cheaters such as Belichick? Do you admire the new Orleans Bountygaters? How about the Rams dirty play? Do you want to copy that too?

I vote no against cheating players. I vote for playing within the rules, and using our system to win. I vote for sportsmanship.

Just say no to Suh.

Heh. Say "No Suh".
If this is satire, it is incredible. We done.

If serious, well shit. I don't know what to say. Something about rainbows seems appropriate.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Things to think about.

Seattle can't say word one about being interested. Still not to free agency, and Detroit just might be dumb enough to franchise the guy.

Avril was his teammate. Avril took a prove it deal and stayed. I don't think a prove it deal is an option for Suh at all, I am merely commenting about the good vibes he might be getting from Avril. Seattle can't say jack shit about Suh, but Avril can say all he wants. It has not been a secret taht Suh is unhappy with the way Detroit does business for a while now, perhaps he wants a front office he hears good things about.

I still think money will rule the day, and when the bidding gets to 20 million, Suh will be somewhere else. But in the event he goes to the team he grew up rooting for, I will be a happy dude.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I say we sign him to a 1-2 year "prove it" deal...oh wait, nevermind.

Donkey Kong Suh will be a Raider. I can just see him in that uniform.

pehawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3mhhmp0n said:
Things to think about.

Seattle can't say word one about being interested. Still not to free agency, and Detroit just might be dumb enough to franchise the guy.

Avril was his teammate. Avril took a prove it deal and stayed. I don't think a prove it deal is an option for Suh at all, I am merely commenting about the good vibes he might be getting from Avril. Seattle can't say jack shit about Suh, but Avril can say all he wants. It has not been a secret taht Suh is unhappy with the way Detroit does business for a while now, perhaps he wants a front office he hears good things about.

I still think money will rule the day, and when the bidding gets to 20 million, Suh will be somewhere else. But in the event he goes to the team he grew up rooting for, I will be a happy dude.

Some irresponsible psychoanalysis follows, beware;

Some dudes aren't motivated by money at all. Some people don't give shit about that stuff. Once they get to a comfortable level, they can rid themselves of some money in exchange for personal happiness. It's usually dude's that are a little cooky, little off, naturally rebellious (hint). I cant relate to millions, but I can most certainly relate to the difference between 6 and 5 figures. A few times in my life I've forsaken 6 for 5. The 5 came with a little more happiness.

There are people like that. When you truly don't give a shit about a lot of things, one of the biggest things you don't give a shit about is money. Because, at the end of the day, it's easier to "rebel", when someone cant buy you or keep you on a leash with money. You don't get to be a true counter-culture type if you can be bought.

From afar and based on what I've heard, that's always been my read on Suh. It wouldn't surprise me, in the least, if he rebelled, once again, to what NFL conventional wisdom says he should. Is it likely? No, probably not. But Suh doesn't give a shit and isn't motivated by the things most people are. He's a wild card..

firebee

Reaction score
pehawk":2cpjkdjb said:
Scottemojo":2cpjkdjb said:
Things to think about.

Some irresponsible psychoanalysis follows, beware;

Some dudes aren't motivated by money at all. Some people don't give shit about that stuff. Once they get to a comfortable level, they can rid themselves of some money in exchange for personal happiness. It's usually dude's that are a little cooky, little off, naturally rebellious (hint). I cant relate to millions, but I can most certainly relate to the difference between 6 and 5 figures. A few times in my life I've forsaken 6 for 5. The 5 came with a little more happiness.

There are people like that. When you truly don't give a shit about a lot of things, one of the biggest things you don't give a shit about is money. Because, at the end of the day, it's easier to "rebel", when someone cant buy you or keep you on a leash with money. You don't get to be a true counter-culture type if you can be bought.

From afar and based on what I've heard, that's always been my read on Suh. It wouldn't surprise me, in the least, if he rebelled, once again, to what NFL conventional wisdom says he should. Is it likely? No, probably not. But Suh doesn't give a shit and isn't motivated by the things most people are. He's a wild card..

Where's the like button at for this post

knownone

Reaction score
Getting Suh would be nuts. Seattle would have the #1 Corner, #1 FS, #1SS, top 2 MLB, and 2 of the top 5 defensive linemen in the NFL. That's just crazy, if they somehow held on to Maxwell... they'd probably be the best Defense in NFL history.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
Playing dirty and cheating are not the same thing. Please stop.

Ziggyy108

Reaction score
I've been way to depressed to spend much time on the net the last few days .....

Anyone know when Free Agency officially starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.