Reports: Ndamukong Suh wants to sign with Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Maybe Avril has some pull with Suh to convince him to sign with us. Would be awesome to get him on a 1 year prove it deal.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
coorslighthawk":vhdu7ya0 said:
Maybe Avril has some pull with Suh to convince him to sign with us. Would be awesome to get him on a 1 year prove it deal.

Suh has nothing to prove. He's the second best DT in the game behind some Watt guy.

If he comes here.. its going to be a short deal dressed up as a long one and it will be because he wants to win.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":3ai4se71 said:
One year rental on the cheap(er) to get his ring and then he can make fat bank with a rebuilding team that can pay him his fat contract. Here's hoping!

I agree with this.

From a player stand point, I wonder how much of a discount a guy would give for a SB ring.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3pbpbbzg said:
The only way I really see this working is if Suh pulls a Revis. Gambles every year on huge 1-year deals. Considering his stature in the game, it might not be a terrible idea for him. It's working for Revis.

Can't see them pulling off a long-term deal anywhere close to his market value.

People keep bringing up Revis, but it's not a good comparison.

Revis went to Tampa on a one year deal due to only playing 2 games the prior year, and then went to NE on a prove it deal/year........and he proved it and is now going to get a huge contract.

Suh doesn't have to prove anything, he's been the healthiest most productive DT in the game for a long time, and now he's going to maximize that into a gigantic 4-6 year deal. If Detroit lets him go, there are at least 15 teams with the cap room to give him a monster contract for 15-18M per year.

Getting Suh is a pipedream, but getting Suh on a one year deal to fit our cap? That's just crazy talk.

jblaze

Reaction score
There is no 1 year prove it deal here, he's getting paid, period. He has proven it.

I'm sure the Raiders will severely overpay because they have to use their cap per the CBA and they have a ton of space. Most of their young players are not eligible to be extended so they'll have to pay outside free agents and they'll try to grab good players like Suh first. Imagine Suh keeping blockers off Khalil Mack, wow!

That said, just for a dream, consider Suh at the 3tech with Mebane at the 1tech with Bennett and Avril at the DE spots. WHOA!!! LB's would be free to roam and Bobby would get 160 tackles and run sideline to sideline. KJ and Irvin could cover and hold the edges and it would be a bloodbath. This would hold opponents to like 3YPC and would force teams to throw which is our strength. Game over....

Seanhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2k5242fs said:
Seanhawk":2k5242fs said:
I want to play for the Seahawks too and I'll do it for the league minimum.

You could at least make the PS as a WR. True Bill

I was thinking I could be Russ's fluffer, but PS WR seems like a better gig.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":wt035uyv said:
DavidSeven":wt035uyv said:
The only way I really see this working is if Suh pulls a Revis. Gambles every year on huge 1-year deals. Considering his stature in the game, it might not be a terrible idea for him. It's working for Revis.

Revis went to Tampa on a one year deal due to only playing 2 games the prior year, and then went to NE on a prove it deal/year........and he proved it and is now going to get a huge contract.

Suh doesn't have to prove anything, he's been the healthiest most productive DT in the game for a long time, and now he's going to maximize that into a gigantic 4-6 year deal. If Detroit lets him go, there are at least 15 teams with the cap room to give him a monster contract for 15-18M per year.

Getting Suh is a pipedream, but getting Suh on a one year deal to fit our cap? That's just crazy talk.

I think everyone on this board understands its a pipe dream. Really, we do. We get it...we're all great and savvy football minds. Why are you obsessively stating the obvious?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pehawk":3lmremli said:
Sgt. Largent":3lmremli said:
DavidSeven":3lmremli said:

I think everyone on this board understands its a pipe dream. Really, we do. We get it...we're all great and savvy football minds. Why are you obsessively stating the obvious?

Because people keep bringing it up.

See, that's how these internet forum things work. You state a thought or opinion, and other people comment on that.

Tomorrow I'll explain how blue and yellow make green.

Hyak

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3pqr6mzu said:
dumbrabbit":3pqr6mzu said:
JTB":3pqr6mzu said:
The weakness of the defense when all was healthy was still the pass rush. Adding a guy like Suh would upgrade that.

I still don't expect it to happen but he is a dominant DL.

Avril + Bennett + McDaniels. That's a weakness?

Those players are not weaknesses, but our D-line depth was certainly a weakness this year........especially compared to 2013.

But overall:

2013 Sacks = 44
2014 Sacks = 37

So no, not a huge statistical drop off, but IMO there was quite a big wear and tear drop off. I'd much rather guys like Bennett and Avril go back to their 60% of snaps played, as opposed to 80-90%. That means getting some more help all across the line, especially DT.

Agree 100%. I would add you could see the difference dramatically when we faced top tier QB's.

Counting the playoffs, the Seahawks had 41 sacks and allowed 24 TD's and had 21 INT's. In 2013, the same numbers were 48 sacks, 19 TD's and 32 INT's.

When we faced top QB's in 2014 (Rodgers, Rivers, Manning, Brady, and Romo), these 6 games (3-3 record) saw these QB's pass for 13 TD's, 6 INT's, 10 sacks, and the defense allowed 146 points (24.3/game) including 28 or more 3 times. In the other 13 games, they allowed 11 TD's, 15 INT's, 31 sacks, and the defense allowed 175 points (13.5 points/game) and only 3 teams scored over 20 points and 2 of them had ST scores against us.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":31tkb0a1 said:

I don't think Darrelle Revis has ever been on a prove-it deal in his life.

He's made $28 million in straight cash the last two years. The flexible nature of his deals is by design, his design. He has maximized his cash flow, because he knows some team will always pay him.

Rex

Reaction score
Suh with his head on straight is a great addition. Suh being suspended is not worth it.

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
Is it just me or did McDaniel seem to make many more plays in his first year?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1r5k35f2 said:
Sgt. Largent":1r5k35f2 said:

He's made $28 million in straight cash the last two years. The flexible nature of his deals is by design, his design. He has maximized his cash flow, because he knows some team will always pay him.

Revis made 16M in 2013 with Tampa, but only made 7M this year with NE..........and maybe they told him if he took less in 2013 that they'd take care of him in 2015, but ain't no way they're picking up his club option this year and taking a 25M cap hit.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england- ... lle-revis/

My point was I doubt Suh would take this risky of an approach to maximizing his contract, as I doubt Revis will continue taking these one year deals now that he has two years of healthy production.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2o8peb05 said:
DavidSeven":2o8peb05 said:
Sgt. Largent":2o8peb05 said:

Revis made 16M in 2013 with Tampa, but only made 7M this year with NE..........and maybe they told him if he took less in 2013 that they'd take care of him in 2015, but ain't no way they're picking up his club option this year and taking a 25M cap hit.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england- ... lle-revis/

Look at the numbers again.

He made $12 million in cash. Signing bonus + salary + roster bonus. Cap numbers are just accounting for teams. In terms of pure cash, Revis has made more than probably anyone in the last 24 months. He couldn't care less if part of his salary is accounted for next year. That makes no impact on his bank account. He cashed $12M in checks. Same as consensus #1 Richard Sherman.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Rex":1zekicrk said:
Suh with his head on straight is a great addition. Suh being suspended is not worth it.

Suh is a total "head case" IMO!! He intentionally tries to hurt opposing players in devious ways. I do not want this man on our team. If you think that we are hated now.....just wait until our players are shown to be "dirty'!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2m0u9a0i said:
Rex":2m0u9a0i said:

Suh is a total "head case" IMO!! He intentionally tries to hurt opposing players in devious ways. I do not want this man on our team. If you think that we are hated now.....just wait until our players are shown to be "dirty'!

Ahhhh!! Color FIGHT

Do you care what other people think about your favorite team?

Playmaker21

Reaction score
You have to watch walking down that path. Look at the Denver Broncos. Pro Bowlers everywhere. Haven't won a Super Bowl with that formula. Seattle won a Super Bowl with young, inexpensive, hungry players. New England won with inexpensive, no named players wanting to prove something.

The Seahawks have built their reputation from 2012-2014 playing the disrespect card. But what happens when you start paying hungry players and then start bringing in outsiders and giving them big contracts? It really thins out your depth.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2ulpdzno said:
Rex":2ulpdzno said:

Good, for all I care we can be the most hated forevermore if it gives us trips to 6-8 Superbowls in the next 12 years just like the Patriots have done. I mean do you actually think anybody doesn't hate that team outside the Massachusetts and Connecticut area?

Realistically I don't see it happening though so it's a moot point in my opinion.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
There are not two better in the NFL than Pete Carroll and John Schneider that can finding just the right people to make a Team better. If Suh is what is needed to fix the pass rush problem, I am confident they will find a way to give him a serious offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts