Remembering Rice

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
my dude Zero YaC was among the best in the history of the NFL at the toe tap. He's just not worth his salary

HansGruber

Reaction score
A whole lot of injuries. Standing there watching as an Indy defender picked off Wilson on the last drive that could have put us at 8-0 and 1.5 games up in the NFC. Last night, standing there watching as Russell scrambled to his side of the field and threw a pass short of him by about 5-7 yards. Watching him get injured and tear an ACL without even being touched by anyone.

Good riddance. I was on the chat last night saying the team should cut him, and am glad to see him gone. He's not nearly as good as people are saying here. Never been a fan. He's just another Burleson/Branch type in my book.

beasthawk

Reaction score
Remembering Rice? Topics like this show the state of the .net, perhaps he should leave before we forget him, as of now last I checked he's still a Hawk and just had a season ending injury... He didn't die

86Hawk

Reaction score
I can understand people not liking his contract but it's not like we're throwing the ball 50 times a game either. So the the numbers will look deflated. Having said that maybe his knee issues were bad enough to keep him from getting separation on routes. I personally don't mind not having him here with our cap issues coming up, but the timing of this kind of sucks. Hopefully we can get percy and our oline at full strength soon. Good thing were playing the bucs at home this week.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I've been critisizing Rice a lot, but I'm ready to admit I already miss him. He most very likely will not play another snap as a Seahawk. We dont have anyone like him (tall, good hands) on the roster. Kearse has the opportunity of his life now. Its do or die Chop.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":274nv2rl said:
Seeker":274nv2rl said:
Them same haters gonna be BEGGING for him once they realize the difference between him and "chop"

Chop? As in, the guy who dropped the first down pass on the quick slant? That Chop?

Same guy that caught touchdown passes this year. Yeah, that guy.

hawker84

Reaction score
one drop and people already forget the two extremly tough td catches earlier in the year. that's the .Net for ya...

captSE

Reaction score
Rice........yes I love a good brown rice.
It was just the other night at supper. We also had some panko coated deep fried halibut. Fresh frozen vegies and butter sauce.
*Try some low sodium kikoman soy sauce. So delicious.

Go Hawks!!

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
His toe tap catches & side line catches were amazing. He was clutch a lot of times, and his Pats game winning TD catch was my favorite memory of his. Chicago OT TD was also nice.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
hawker84":2edkol3p said:
one drop and people already forget the two extremly tough td catches earlier in the year. that's the .Net for ya...

"People" all of ".Net"??? It was one poster. Let's not condemn the hundreds of 12's here for one guy's statement.

As for Rice, he tried to gut it out this year. He gave it what he could. He bought in. He embodied the Carroll-era Seahawks to the best of his abilities. If he comes back cheap next year, that's great. Right now, we have to go 1-0 to start the second half of the season without him. Them's the breaks.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
beasthawk":4z4idtd1 said:
Remembering Rice? Topics like this show the state of the .net, perhaps he should leave before we forget him, as of now last I checked he's still a Hawk and just had a season ending injury... He didn't die

I think this is about the fact that there's a strong possibility he'll never play a down for Seattle again. HIs contract status made him a likely candidate to restructure or cut next year. With this injury it makes it far more likely that he'll be cut.

So I think it's a good thread, if indeed he does get cut. To me the PATS TD catch was LEGENDARY! The Bear's TD in OT comes in 2nd to me. A distant third would be the long TD catch from TJACK in 2011- I believe it was his first as a hawk. Pretty exciting plays.

Seeker

Reaction score
hawker84":1gtapzcr said:
Seeker":1gtapzcr said:
Them same haters gonna be BEGGING for him once they realize the difference between him and "chop"

ya know can you quit with this sh*t already.. it is possible for people to have issue with his play this season and still have admiration for the man, jeezus put sock in it...

The chicago game for me as well..

are you admin?

i'll say what I feel as long as I don't violate any rules. there has been a lot of rice hating on here which hasn't really been warranted. not rices fault russ has .00003 seconds to throw the ball, no one (not even harvin, not even lockette) is that fast.

the guy has been playing on a bad knee all season with no complaints, doesn't drop open passes like kearse (drop drop)

the same "PUT KEARSE IN!" guys are the same guys who wanted Charlie Whitehurst to start over hasselbeck and matt Flynn over Russell Wilson lol.

I think he will restructure, nothing better for him out there. he needs a year to ball out to earn the contract, but he always showed heart.

my favorite play was last years san fran game when he caught the ball and came down ON HIS INJURED KNEE to stay in bounds.

hawker84

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":23zpakqh said:
hawker84":23zpakqh said:

"People" all of ".Net"??? It was one poster. Let's not condemn the hundreds of 12's here for one guy's statement.

As for Rice, he tried to gut it out this year. He gave it what he could. He bought in. He embodied the Carroll-era Seahawks to the best of his abilities. If he comes back cheap next year, that's great. Right now, we have to go 1-0 to start the second half of the season without him. Them's the breaks.

I wasn't , think you might be reading a bit more into it than what's written. There was more than one person bitching about the drop..

hawker84

Reaction score
Seeker":3s1nszcn said:
hawker84":3s1nszcn said:
Seeker":3s1nszcn said:

ya know can you quit with this sh*t already.. it is possible for people to have issue with his play this season and still have admiration for the man, jeezus put sock in it...

The chicago game for me as well..

are you admin?

i'll say what I feel as long as I don't violate any rules. there has been a lot of rice hating on here which hasn't really been warranted. not rices fault russ has .00003 seconds to throw the ball, no one (not even harvin, not even lockette) is that fast.

the guy has been playing on a bad knee all season with no complaints, doesn't drop open passes like kearse (drop drop)

the same "PUT KEARSE IN!" guys are the same guys who wanted Charlie Whitehurst to start over hasselbeck and matt Flynn over Russell Wilson lol.

I think he will restructure, nothing better for him out there. he needs a year to ball out to earn the contract, but he always showed heart.

my favorite play was last years san fran game when he caught the ball and came down ON HIS INJURED KNEE to stay in bounds.

Again, it is possible to be displeased with his production so far this season and not hate the guy. I doubt anybody hates rice on this board, but your posts make it sound as if people do.. He has not been nearly as productive as he was last season, maybe he is more injured than people let on, but the fact still remains he's been less productive and on at least a couple of plays you could question his effort.

Does that mean i hate the man, of course not, to claim so is ridiculous.

As far as the Kearse comment. again another ridiculous comment. I am one of those "Put Kearse in" guys, and i never called for Whitehurst to get put in, it made me nervous just watching him on the sidelines holding the clipboard.

Not everyone is going to agree with your views, and that's ok.

And yes you can say whatever you like, just like i have the right to disagree and call you on it.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The net result was a negative. He had one very good season, not Pro Bowl quality as his contract signing would have led us to believe, but a solid year. He was the best receiver in our WR corps, good hands, was a huge factor in a couple of wins for us.

But that doesn't trump Years 1 and 3, when he didn't even play half the season. He was a bust, and his name should go down with Branch and Housh as failed WR acquisitions.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
In order to replace Rice, they will go out and send draft picks to Minnesota for Cordarrell Patterson. Minnesota is the farm system for Seahawks WR's.