RELAX

BASF

Reaction score
frankie-says-relax-%5B2%5D-368-p.jpg

It was great advice.

irocdave

Reaction score
Hawks are in the mix, just in a typical NFL fashion. Last year was special and most of us knew this at the end of the 13 season. The Hawks "could" pull off the what seems to be impossible this year which, looking at the factors would be more improbable than last year. It's hard to say that winning a Lombardi this year with the injuries that matter, FA loses, draft picks that are not contributing etc. is a forgone conclusion. Honestly, could not imagine how anyone could be so optimistic?

Last year was easy for me, just knew it was OUR year and the team was so dominate even in the close games. This year looks and feels like it aint gonna happen. No shame in that if you've watched the Hawks since day one. That's what I come back to and that's what made last year so special. NFL seasons rarely end for any fan base like last years did for Hawk fans. Most years fans feel exactly like what we are currently feeling / seeing or worse, hoping for the future success because of barely winning ANY games.

Hawks are still one of the better teams and are in the hunt. Fans need to understand this, or I guess they don't. Just words of advise from a long time Hawk fan, enjoy the fact that the team is relevant. There will be a time during your fandom when they are not and it sucks. Bad.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
irocdave":3izb52pn said:
Hawks are still one of the better teams and are in the hunt. Fans need to understand this, or I guess they don't. Just words of advise from a long time Hawk fan, enjoy the fact that the team is relevant.

For myself, that's what it's really all about anyway. I didn't take the OP's message as glossy as what some interpreted, evidently. Hawks have a shot Sunday, and will be competitive in their remaining games is what I took it to mean.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
What happens, happens. My question is how many posters that are ready to hang themselves reverse course when we make the playoffs and act like they knew it the whole time?

OP
OP
C

Cougarmode58

Reaction score
seahawk 17":2fac6y8h said:
What happens, happens. My question is how many posters that are ready to hang themselves reverse course when we make the playoffs and act like they knew it the whole time?
This is what I the whole post was getting at! The fact that there is a difference between fans being worried and some saying that its the end of the world. We find out who is IN in now and through the regular season not in January. That is all GO HAWKS!

pmedic920

Reaction score
I remember the first couple times I made a post like this.
Cougarmode58 is getting off easy.

BTW I was only poking a little fun.

:{)

My daughter had to teach me but that thingy is a smiley w/ stache, In case you didn't know.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I'm not all that worried or bothered. If I were to compare this Seahawks team to other past Superbowl winners, they're a bit like the recent Steelers and Giants teams. Those teams were built to keep it close with defense and win late. They had ugly seasons with people writing them off and found ways to win the Superbowl anyway.

It really just comes down to getting into the playoffs. If we can get into the playoffs in a competitive NFC, then I'm not worried about a thing. This Seahawks team has a lot of fight, is built to be physical, and keeps games close to the end. It's built to go a full 10 rounds with any heavyweight. NO and Green Bay specifically do not have this makeup, and they don't worry me a bit. There are only two teams built to handle us for 4 quarters - Arizona and SF, and SF is falling apart. That team just doesn't have the same fight in them. As to Philly, Chip Kelly teams always self-destruct in the postseason, so I'm not worried there. Detroit is a bit scary, I think they could contend with us and beat us.

But anyway, once you get into the playoffs, it's a whole new season and anything can happen, obviously. Just get to the playoffs, that's all I care about.

And I'm happy to be watching a team that is competing. It's fun to watch this team. So really, my needs have already been met.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Glad you are here to tell everyone how to feel. :roll:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I'm still riding on the Super Bowl win from last season. Honestly I am not even at all concerned about this season. I know that a healthy Seahawks team is one of the toughest in the league and that having injuries made guys like Malcolm, Sherman and KJ get experience that developed them into productive players.

This era of Seahawks football is immensely fun. They are winning games and every other team in the division is beat up pretty bad as we head into the meat of the division games. I don't expect them to win on Sunday at KC, but I can see a very good run put together following that potential loss. If they put it together in KC and scrape out a win? Things are going to get really interesting.

HansGruber

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":30smbrr1 said:
I'm still riding on the Super Bowl win from last season. Honestly I am not even at all concerned about this season. I know that a healthy Seahawks team is one of the toughest in the league and that having injuries made guys like Malcolm, Sherman and KJ get experience that developed them into productive players.

This era of Seahawks football is immensely fun. They are winning games and every other team in the division is beat up pretty bad as we head into the meat of the division games. I don't expect them to win on Sunday at KC, but I can see a very good run put together following that potential loss. If they put it together in KC and scrape out a win? Things are going to get really interesting.

I don't see how Arizona comes out with a win against Detroit. The Lions defense is the best in the NFL and it's not that close. They can stop the run, shutdown your passing game, whatever. Arizona has been playing great defense as well, but their pass defense is actually not playing well at all, they're giving up a lot of yards and points through the air.

Arizona is the 30th ranked pass defense. Detroit is the 2nd ranked pass defense. That will be the difference.

If the Cards drop that game, and the Seahawks can beat KC - this division can change hands quick. The Cards have to come to Seattle, with Stanton at QB, against a fired-up Seahawks team getting a bunch of guys back from injury. The Hawks will be fired up beyond belief and so will #12. I think if the Cards come to Seattle up by a game, the Seahawks will beat them and take control of the NFCW.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Arizona historically wins games at home on fluke tipped interceptions, fumbles etc. It's fairly ridiculous. Won't be surprised to see them fluke out yet another win :roll:

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
We're competitive after our magical season last year. Many SB winners were not, and to me that's huge. Despite the FA losses and the injuries we're still in the mix. That's the beauty of having a young core and a great coach. I look forward to several more years of this.

Latest posts